Want a raise? Wash your vagina!
Thumbs Down 
One of my co-workers brought this to my attention today.

Comments on ad in Women's Day magazine

That ad is so bad that it could only elicit merriment in the office as we competed to find the funniest responses. The lone unattached male in the office was nonplussed as he listened to the comments from the rest of us and our speculations about the responses from wives/significant others/ourselves if anyone suggested to our faces that there was any merit in the notion.

Indeed it is so bad that I just had to share here too.

I really did hope that it was actually from The Onion, but apparently not...

I would love to know just who approved this ad for placement anywhere. Dodgy

And where are those men with sandalwood scented balls, anyway? Rolleyes
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

That's just.... wow. And we know for sure that was a real ad? Although I did love the comment of "Let the boss sniff your panties, just don't let it get personal."

If they keep their balls hair free, they generally do tend to smell better. Less sweaty and musty.
Intolerant monkey.
(08-27-2010, 07:31 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: I really did hope that it was actually from The Onion, but apparently not...

Reality has been doing laps around satire for quite some time now - maybe forever. There are no depths of stupidity to which we won't sink, at least some of us, some of the time.

-Jester
(08-27-2010, 07:52 PM)Treesh Wrote: If they keep their balls hair free, they generally do tend to smell better. Less sweaty and musty.
Causation error, I'd wager. Big Grin

~Frag :where's my ph34r smiley!?:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(08-27-2010, 07:31 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: And where are those men with sandalwood scented balls, anyway?

Balla Powder Talc! Can also be use for underarms, feet, and buttocks.

I liked the "Bring praise comments from higher ups...", so next time you do something nice for them ask to jot down a quick note on how fresh you are.

"Sandy created and presented a stunning market analysis, and boy does she smell fresh..."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I'll live dangerously here. If it were an ad for anti-perspirant, would you be equally offended? How about if it were an ad for orange juice?
Hi,

Not too sure which I find more funny, the thought that a clean vagina is the key to success (no wonder I've always failed Wink ) or that we have a society where such a concept would be used even in a satirical ad, much less for real. I am all for personal hygiene, but let's get real. Most people start the day with a nice long very hot shower where they carefully wash all the natural oils out of their hair (twice -- wash, rinse, repeat) and completely remove all the natural lubrication from their skin. Then the carefully apply a concoction of herbs, spices, minerals, miscellaneous mystery chemicals, all dissolved in a aromatic oil solution to their hair. And similar concoctions to the rest of their bodies. Then they wonder why they have dry skin, flaky scalp, and brittle hair.

Love advertising. I'm waiting for when the makers of medications for erectile dysfunctions join forces with those of condoms to give us hour long infomercials demonstrating their use. They'll probably end up being a collectors series.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(08-28-2010, 12:34 AM)Nystul Wrote: I'll live dangerously here. If it were an ad for anti-perspirant, would you be equally offended? How about if it were an ad for orange juice?

Really, the top thing should be your job, not your personal hygiene. I've worked with folks with bad body odor in quite sweaty jobs. As long as they work hard, I ask them to not stand so closely to me when we're done. If they're lazy as hell, I tell them to just not bother me at all while we're working. Granted, it's nicer to have the guys be clean smelling, but not necessary even while working in close quarters. Basically it just means they won't have a shot at doing things outside of work if they're that smelly and nasty, but that's got absolutely nothing to do with work.

Edit: And I say the same thing to folks who wear too much cologne or perfume too.
Intolerant monkey.
Hi,

(08-28-2010, 12:34 AM)Nystul Wrote: I'll live dangerously here. If it were an ad for anti-perspirant, would you be equally offended? How about if it were an ad for orange juice?

I don't think it is the product. I think it's the connection between a clean vagina and success in business. And thinking of orange juice in that setting . . . I think I'll stop while it's still PG-13.

--Pete

(08-28-2010, 12:50 AM)--Pete Wrote: I think I'll stop while it's still PG-13.
You had to say that... And, my mind immediately went to banana's.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(08-28-2010, 12:50 AM)--Pete Wrote: I don't think it is the product. I think it's the connection between a clean vagina and success in business.

Well, you do what they say. There's only two ways for a woman to be successful in business; you're either a bitch or you slept your way to the top.

And so many women don't like to be called that so obviously the only way to get ahead is through your vagina. Dodgy
Intolerant monkey.
(08-28-2010, 12:48 AM)Treesh Wrote: Really, the top thing should be your job, not your personal hygiene.

Sure. The list is chronological, with only the last 3 tips pertaining to the actual meeting. The notion that good hygiene leads to confidence and being ready to take on the day is overblown. That is pretty much every hygiene product ad ever made (or tennis shoes or a million other things). I'm just curious whether there is supposed to be some sort of sexist aspect to this that makes it different from a million other ads.

I won't be buying the product either way. Tongue
(08-28-2010, 01:42 AM)Nystul Wrote:
(08-28-2010, 12:48 AM)Treesh Wrote: Really, the top thing should be your job, not your personal hygiene.

Sure. The list is chronological, with only the last 3 tips pertaining to the actual meeting. The notion that good hygiene leads to confidence and being ready to take on the day is overblown. That is pretty much every hygiene product ad ever made (or tennis shoes or a million other things). I'm just curious whether there is supposed to be some sort of sexist aspect to this that makes it different from a million other ads.

I won't be buying the product either way. Tongue

Well, if you want to LOOK for sexist aspects, you'll find them. Same with anything else really. If someone is looking to be offended, they'll find something to be offended by. To me, the idea that someone at work, for work purposes, is going to get close enough to actually smell my vagina is rather surreal and ridiculous, especially in the office environment they portray in the ad.
Intolerant monkey.
As usual, Mitchell and Webb nail it.

-Jester
(08-28-2010, 01:57 AM)Jester Wrote: As usual, Mitchell and Webb nail it.

-Jester

LOL! That is just fantastic. =)
Intolerant monkey.
(08-27-2010, 08:47 PM)Jester Wrote: Reality has been doing laps around satire for quite some time now - maybe forever. There are no depths of stupidity to which we won't sink, at least some of us, some of the time.

-Jester

While I wouldn't go as far as forever, I'd agree with noticeably as of late. Reality has been anteing it up against satire to the point where even Satire goes,' dude...seriously...seriously...dude.'

Is it just me though, in the context of the ad 2 things actually pops out more to me than washing cooter= get ca$h money bonus.

point 2: "just as important, be sure to eat a healthy breakfast".

I'm all for better and healthier eating, but that phrase I usually associate with children's breakfast cereal. That or dieting products.

point 5: "bring quotes from higher ups to the meeting, such as, 'great job on the XXX project! You made me look good."

Ok maybe it's my juvenile mind, but really? 'XXX? Especially for this product? Was 'such and such' project out to lunch that day? Maybe off eating a healthy breafast?

I dunno, it almost feels like seeing an anachronistic 50's ad in more modern typeface and styling , re-done by some team that thought 'Mad Men' was a video instruction manual on advertising.
I'm male and I have a female boss. Can I get a raise if I clean my penis and show her?
Hi,

(08-28-2010, 04:29 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'm male and I have a female boss. Can I get a raise if I clean my penis and show her?

I don't know. Can you?

--Pete

(08-28-2010, 04:59 AM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(08-28-2010, 04:29 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'm male and I have a female boss. Can I get a raise if I clean my penis and show her?

I don't know. Can you?

--Pete

And with that simple, grammatical clarification, my mind went completely in the gutter. I had managed to avoid that until now. Well done, Pete.
Intolerant monkey.
Hi,

(08-28-2010, 05:57 AM)Treesh Wrote: And with that simple, grammatical clarification, my mind went completely in the gutter. I had managed to avoid that until now. Well done, Pete.

You're very welcome. I'm glad someone still appreciates innuendo. Smile

--Pete