Possible server transfer
Hey Lurkers,

My name is Thad and I have been posting over at the paladin board Maintankadin with Shoju for the past two years.

I posted on those forums that I might be looking to do a server/faction xfer for a good guild that can meet my raiding needs for Cataclysm and Shoju suggested that I might be interested in Lurkers.

I am 41, married, 4 kids and only choose to play WoW 1 night a week as I spend other nights of the week with my non-WoW playing wife and kids. I know that makes me a challenge to raid with but Shoju's description of your EP/GP system and fairly casual approach to raiding has my interest.

I currently have 3 toons at level 80, all Alliance side on Aerie Peak.

Bloodlight, Holy Paladin (Ret off-spec), 3.1k WHgs holy set
Bloodtrees, Resto Druid (Boom off-spec), 2.9k WHgs resto set
Bloodheals, Disc Priest (Holy off-spec), 2.8k WHgs healing set

Raid times don't match up exactly (I would prefer to raid 7-10 your server time instead of 8-11 but I might be flexible) and I only raid Mon - Thurs so 2 of your raid nights work but not the weekend. Obviously, some challenges but nothing that might not be overcome.

Anyway, I appreciate your time and look forward to learning more about your guild.

Cheers,

Thad
Hello Guys,

Sherck here is a fantastic resource over at Maintankadin, and I had a chance to talk with him on his current server Aerie Peak when I was messing around with an alt in the Maintankadin guild.

He is in search of a home, and I thought that one of our two guilds sounded very much right up his alley, and thought it would be a good idea for him to check us out.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Stormrage has the alliance presence of Lurkers, and Terenas has Horde, as well as Shoju. Wink I don't have a problem recommending either. I will say this, we can use another healer on Terenas hord side. Wink
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
(09-01-2010, 04:03 PM)VoiceMan Wrote: Stormrage has the alliance presence of Lurkers, and Terenas has Horde, as well as Shoju. Wink I don't have a problem recommending either. I will say this, we can use another healer on Terenas hord side. Wink

So could we. :p
Well, SR could be a good home for him as well, I just wasn't sure if your raiding in Cataclysm would fit what it is that he is after. If that works, then hey, it saves him some cash, and gets him a good home.

There are some rules though.

On Terenas everything is Swirly's fault.

I don't know about SR, but I would suspect that we could say it is all Tal's Fault? or maybe TD's?

It doesn't not matter if they are online when said incident happens, it is still most assuredly their fault.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(09-01-2010, 05:23 PM)shoju Wrote: Well, SR could be a good home for him as well, I just wasn't sure if your raiding in Cataclysm would fit what it is that he is after. If that works, then hey, it saves him some cash, and gets him a good home.

I don't know about SR, but I would suspect that we could say it is all Tal's Fault? or maybe TD's?

It doesn't not matter if they are online when said incident happens, it is still most assuredly their fault.

Although the MOST impressive feat came from Bonemage. He was on Terenas and almost wiped a raid on Stormrage. That right there is the work of a professional. *nods*
Intolerant monkey.
(09-01-2010, 05:23 PM)shoju Wrote: Well, SR could be a good home for him as well, I just wasn't sure if your raiding in Cataclysm would fit what it is that he is after. If that works, then hey, it saves him some cash, and gets him a good home.

Maybe TD's fault, but never Tal's...Tal's always to blame, but he's never at fault. Big Grin
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(09-01-2010, 05:38 PM)Lissa Wrote: Maybe TD's fault, but never Tal's...Tal's always to blame, but he's never at fault. Big Grin

Over the years people have randomly wondered how we would handle things if Tal played on Terenas (which he does now and again). I think you may have just stumbled onto the solution!

It's swirly's fault, but blame Tal!

It combines both worlds into one!
(09-01-2010, 05:36 PM)Treesh Wrote:

Although the MOST impressive feat came from Bonemage. He was on Terenas and almost wiped a raid on Stormrage. That right there is the work of a professional. *nods*

Wow. Cross Server raid wipage. You sir, just won.
(09-01-2010, 05:36 PM)Treesh Wrote: Although the MOST impressive feat came from Bonemage. He was on Terenas and almost wiped a raid on Stormrage. That right there is the work of a professional. *nods*
(09-01-2010, 05:23 PM)shoju Wrote: Wow. Cross Server raid wipage. You sir, just won.

Treesh is making up stories, I have no idea what this is referencing. I really don't. It may be another Doomhammer refugee she is thinking of when they were a serious distraction and in the wrong channel on Teamspeak (they didn't know an entire raid could hear the personal conversation). Is that the story that Treesh is thinking of? If not, it sounds like an interesting one that needs to be re-fabricated. I mean retold.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
(09-01-2010, 05:50 PM)swirly Wrote: It's swirly's fault, but blame Tal!

The later part of that statement has been true on Stormrage since WoW went live... Angel
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(09-01-2010, 06:58 PM)bonemage Wrote:
(09-01-2010, 05:36 PM)Treesh Wrote: Although the MOST impressive feat came from Bonemage. He was on Terenas and almost wiped a raid on Stormrage. That right there is the work of a professional. *nods*
(09-01-2010, 05:23 PM)shoju Wrote: Wow. Cross Server raid wipage. You sir, just won.

Treesh is making up stories, I have no idea what this is referencing. I really don't. It may be another Doomhammer refugee she is thinking of when they were a serious distraction and in the wrong channel on Teamspeak (they didn't know an entire raid could hear the personal conversation). Is that the story that Treesh is thinking of? If not, it sounds like an interesting one that needs to be re-fabricated. I mean retold.

It may have been one of your brothers, but I'm pretty sure it was you. I was playing on Terenas and Gnollguy was playing on Stormrage. You said something exceptionally funny in either chat or voice and I told GG (or he heard it if it was over voice) which got him laughing so hard that he couldn't really heal the raid he was in. You're thinking of a different incident that didn't wipe the raid, but gave many, many people chuckles for a long time.
Intolerant monkey.
(09-01-2010, 07:21 PM)Treesh Wrote: It may have been one of your brothers, but I'm pretty sure it was you. I was playing on Terenas and Gnollguy was playing on Stormrage. You said something exceptionally funny in either chat or voice and I told GG (or he heard it if it was over voice) which got him laughing so hard that he couldn't really heal the raid he was in. You're thinking of a different incident that didn't wipe the raid, but gave many, many people chuckles for a long time.
This story makes me wonder if we need a campfire stories thread where people can post such things for them to be remembered and laughed at forever! I'm sure there are many good stories with guild crossover in some way. : )
(09-01-2010, 07:21 PM)Treesh Wrote: It may have been one of your brothers, but I'm pretty sure it was you. I was playing on Terenas and Gnollguy was playing on Stormrage. You said something exceptionally funny in either chat or voice and I told GG (or he heard it if it was over voice) which got him laughing so hard that he couldn't really heal the raid he was in. You're thinking of a different incident that didn't wipe the raid, but gave many, many people chuckles for a long time.

Oh I wish I could remember this better too. When you first posted I had vague memories of laughing so hard about something while healing on Balador in a key raid situation and it nearly being the cause of a wipe, but I just don't remember the details. But I do actually think it was bonemage and not one of the other brothers.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(09-01-2010, 08:44 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: But I do actually think it was bonemage and not one of the other brothers.
If it was funny, it was me. I'm the funny one...

(Note: You can plug in "arrogant" for "funny" and it still works but it will no longer be possible to distinguish between the brothers that way.)
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
(09-01-2010, 09:00 PM)bonemage Wrote:
(09-01-2010, 08:44 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: But I do actually think it was bonemage and not one of the other brothers.
If it was funny, it was me. I'm the funny one...

(Note: You can plug in "arrogant" for "funny" and it still works but it will no longer be possible to distinguish between the brothers that way.)

I also remember a Molten Core run where we temporarily had to stop pulling because vor_lord made a funny that caused much laughter among the Lurkers, who were primarily tanking and healing.

And quite a few conversations GG and Voiceman had over TS that ended up waking me up because they were laughing so hard.

I think you've got a run for your money there with the "I'm the funny one." =D
Intolerant monkey.
(09-01-2010, 09:00 PM)bonemage Wrote: (Note: You can plug in "arrogant" for "funny" and it still works but it will no longer be possible to distinguish between the brothers that way.)

Hey, I resemble that remark....
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
(09-01-2010, 11:24 PM)Treesh Wrote: I also remember a Molten Core run where we temporarily had to stop pulling because vor_lord made a funny that caused much laughter among the Lurkers, who were primarily tanking and healing.

I seem to recall I almost blew up a BWL raid once with one joke or another... you really have to watch what you say while raiding. If you're going to drop a bomb, it's gotta be at the right time, or you might miss your window to become legendary. Tongue

-Jester
I'm sure they'd be happy to have you on SR, if you're interested in playing Alliance side. If you'd rather horde, we on Terenas would be happy to have you along for the ride.

Cheers,

-Jester
(09-02-2010, 05:42 PM)Jester Wrote: I seem to recall I almost blew up a BWL raid once with one joke or another... you really have to watch what you say while raiding. If you're going to drop a bomb, it's gotta be at the right time, or you might miss your window to become legendary. Tongue

I seem to recall a BWL raid where someone put something really funny into guild chat, and Morde was explaining some strat detail, and we had to have him stop and go back because none of the lurkers had gotten it because we were all too busy laughing.
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
I dunno guys. This Sherck guy seems like a troublemaker. See how his innocent thread got us all completely off topic?