Drop Like a Rock
As you may have guessed, this is actually a macro question having to do with Flexweave Underlay. (Slot 15 is the cloak position.)

The following macro works as I would expect, the character dismounts and floats slowly to the ground:

#showtooltip 15
/dismount [flying]
/use 15

However this macro works as only a Blizzard engineering designer would envision:

#showtooltip 15
/dismount [flying]
/use 15
/cast Stealth

Namely, my (now) stealthed rogue drops like a rock. After she goes splat she sees the error: "Parachute failed. (Cannot use on the ground.)"

As an experiment I tried using the Parachute Cloak rather than a cloak with Flexweave Underlay, with the same macro. Now my stealthed rogue floats gently to the ground. (Assuming, of course, that the ground is less than ten seconds away.)

Anyone know how the macro could be improved to use the Flexweave Underlay and still stealth? Otherwise I can see a lot of cloak swapping in my future. That or using the original version of my macro without the stealth.

Edit: As a further experiment, I tried equipping a different cloak on the way down. The cloak swap works, but once the Parachute Cloak is unequipped the buff is lost, and, of course, my rogue drops like a rock.

I also tried using Evonice's Landin' Pilla. The results were the same as with the Parachute Cloak. When the trinket is swapped, the buff is lost, and my rogue, who is feeling more and more like Canis latrans, dropped like a rock.

Edit 2: I made an error: the original macro works only with the Parachute Cloak, not with Flexweave Underlay. I thought it had worked with Flexweave Underlay, but I may have hit my head a few too many times.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(09-05-2010, 11:44 PM)LavCat Wrote: As you may have guessed, this is actually a macro question having to do with Flexweave Underlay. (Slot 15 is the cloak position.)

The following macro works as I would expect, the character dismounts and floats slowly to the ground:

#showtooltip 15
/dismount [flying]
/use 15

However this macro works as only a Blizzard engineering designer would envision:

#showtooltip 15
/dismount [flying]
/use 15
/cast Stealth

Namely, my (now) stealthed rogue drops like a rock. After she goes splat she sees the error: "Parachute failed. (Cannot use on the ground.)"

As an experiment I tried using the Parachute Cloak rather than a cloak with Flexweave Underlay, with the same macro. Now my stealthed rogue floats gently to the ground. (Assuming, of course, that the ground is less than ten seconds away.)

Anyone know how the macro could be improved to use the Flexweave Underlay and still stealth? Otherwise I can see a lot of cloak swapping in my future. That or using the original version of my macro without the stealth.

Edit: As a further experiment, I tried equipping a different cloak on the way down. The cloak swap works, but once the Parachute Cloak is unequipped the buff is lost, and, of course, my rogue drops like a rock.

I also tried using Evonice's Landin' Pilla. The results were the same as with the Parachute Cloak. When the trinket is swapped, the buff is lost, and my rogue, who is feeling more and more like Canis latrans, dropped like a rock.

Edit 2: I made an error: the original macro works only with the Parachute Cloak, not with Flexweave Underlay. I thought it had worked with Flexweave Underlay, but I may have hit my head a few too many times.

Using your flexweave casts: Apply Aura: Slow Fall
Casting stealth applies the aura of stealth

You can only have one aura at a time so your rogue rightly feels the full effects of gravity.
(09-06-2010, 03:01 PM)Tal Wrote: Using your flexweave casts: Apply Aura: Slow Fall

You can only have one aura at a time so your rogue rightly feels the full effects of gravity.

This.

I suggest macroing the cloak, and then simply manually pressing stealth when you near the ground.
(09-06-2010, 03:01 PM)Tal Wrote: Using your flexweave casts: Apply Aura: Slow Fall

I don't think this is correct. Parachute Cloak applies Slow Fall, and it works with stealth. Also Flexweave Underlay's Slow Fall works with stealth if you are not mounted when using the Flexweave Underlay.

I tried using the addon Aftercast, but Aftercast currently seems broken. I can't get Aftercast to work at all. The idea was to use Aftercast to cast Flexweave after the dismount.
(09-06-2010, 09:55 PM)Bob the Beholder Wrote: This.

I suggest macroing the cloak, and then simply manually pressing stealth when you near the ground.

That is what I was doing previously (actually using a second macro for cloak and stealth, but similar idea). I wanted a one button solution.

What I am currently using is a macro to equip the Parachute Cloak when taking off, then the following macro for parachuting into action:

#showtooltip 15
/dismount [flying]
/use 15
/cast !Stealth

It would be nice if there were some way to check if the Parachute Cloak was really equipped before dismounting, but I don't know of any way to do that.

Anyhow, so far this method has always worked, it's just not quite as convenient as what I wanted.

If I understand what you suggest, it would take three actions:
1.) Dismount
2.) Use Cloak
3.) Stealth

I don't think that would really work in practice, at least not for my rogue.

Edit: Corrected macro

Edit 2: The following macro works for my druid to float down as a cat, but Prowl must be cast afterwards. Prowl does not work if included in the macro. And, note, as for the rogue, a Parachute Cloak must be equipped. Flexweave Underlay does not work in Flight Form either:

#showtooltip 15
/cast [stance:5] Swift Flight Form
/use 15
/cast !Cat Form