Forum Link?
I'm wondering if where is says "The Lurker Lounge Forums" in text on the page where you see all the forum groups could be turned into a link to that page as well. On sub pages (like here for instance) it says "The Lurker Lounge Forums / The Lurker Lounge / Suggestion Box" with the first two parts being links. I realize the text on the main page is like the "Suggestion Box" text in that and thus is why it isn't a link. I just find that I've gotten used to clicking that link. So when I leave my browser on the forum for a bit and then come back and want to refresh it, my first response is to move my mouse there. It's not a big deal cause I can just go to the actual browser refresh button, I've just noticed that tendency I have and so am wondering if it could be made into a link.
you beat me to it, I was thinking the same thing.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Another thing is when you have clicked on a link to a specific post and want to remove the fragment (that part starting with / after the #) and/or query string (the part with the question mark and the ampersands) of the URI.

I don't know - and maybe this is handled differently by various browsers, but: If one clicks on the Reload Button then the browser is forced to "freshly" get all the needed files (not using the local cache), this could include images, scripts, CSS, and so on. If one clicks on a link (including one that links to the current URI, the browser gets only the needed files from "outside" - maybe always the pure "basic file" and/or ... So mostly it receives a HTTP 304 Status Code which I think is - if correctly and as intended used - is a simple but effective feature (saving bandwidth/capacity/download volume, ...).
Again: This is only half quarter knowledge. Maybe a browser is only forced by additionally pressing Shift, Ctrl, AppleKey, or whatever

In short: This would be a nice feature who penalizes nobody but instead could be handy and at the same time useful.

EDIT:
Well, on the other side not all people think the same. e.g.: http://webdosanddonts.com/dont-link-pages-to-themselves
Fixed this! Good suggestion. Smile Wherever you currently are will still be a link now for fast/easy refreshes.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(09-21-2010, 03:20 AM)Bolty Wrote: Fixed this! Good suggestion. Smile Wherever you currently are will still be a link now for fast/easy refreshes.

Thanks, Bolty. A complete new interpretation Wink of
Holy Shrine Wrote:Wherever you go, there you are
(09-21-2010, 03:20 AM)Bolty Wrote: Wherever you currently are will still be a link now for fast/easy refreshes.

Is this working the way folks want on multi-page threads? If you are on the last (or any intermediate) page of such a thread, clicking on the last item (the thread title) takes you to the first page of the thread instead of refreshing the one you are on. Also, if you happen to click the "Post Reply" when you are writing a reply, you get a fresh reply and lose anything you might have already typed.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(09-24-2010, 04:05 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Is this working the way folks want on multi-page threads? If you are on the last (or any intermediate) page of such a thread, clicking on the last item (the thread title) takes you to the first page of the thread instead of refreshing the one you are on. Also, if you happen to click the "Post Reply" when you are writing a reply, you get a fresh reply and lose anything you might have already typed.

Hmm, interesting. Does this trip people up?
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(09-25-2010, 12:32 AM)Bolty Wrote:
(09-24-2010, 04:05 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Is this working the way folks want on multi-page threads? If you are on the last (or any intermediate) page of such a thread, clicking on the last item (the thread title) takes you to the first page of the thread instead of refreshing the one you are on. Also, if you happen to click the "Post Reply" when you are writing a reply, you get a fresh reply and lose anything you might have already typed.

Hmm, interesting. Does this trip people up?
It hasn't been an issue for me. I've loved the change. : )