Another PvP Mechanics Question
In the aftermath of Wintergrasp my rogue noticed a kitty druid prowl. So she sapped the druid and unloaded with ambush/kidney shot/shadow dance/etc. She quickly did over 18k damage to the druid, but the druid just disappeared. How could this be? The druid was stunned, poisoned, and clearly in combat. My rogue was detecting invisibility, thus the druid was most probably not invisible.

I have my own kitty druid (who achieved her first honorable kill today) and I am reasonably familiar with kitty druid talents and abilities. My kitty has never been able to just disappear. (In WoW that is -- my real life kitty is quite good at it.)

All my characters are engineers and as I recall the gnomish cloaking device does not work in combat. My warlock is an acomplished alchemist and keeps us well supplied with the most interesting potions, but nothing which would do what I saw the druid do. Or rather didn't see the druid do.

This has happened to me before. I believe I may have posted about it in the past: where someone I am beating on is suddenly gone. This time I had recount up as well as the combat log, and nothing is shown to account for it.

If the druid player had hit alt/F4 the character should still be in the game world for several seconds, I believe. Long enough for my rogue to finish what she was doing.

Any theories for how the druid got away?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Dungeon queue popped before combat started and the druid hit accept. I've joined dungeons in combat that way before, though it was PvE combat, not PvP.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(10-10-2010, 11:14 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: Dungeon queue popped before combat started and the druid hit accept. I've joined dungeons in combat that way before, though it was PvE combat, not PvP.

That could be, thanks. I know I have gotten out of sticky situations in battlegrounds by accepting the queue for a different battleground. The timing is suspicious though. There were very few seconds between the victory in Wintergrasp, the druid casting prowl, and my rogue attacking.
(10-10-2010, 11:11 PM)LavCat Wrote: In the aftermath of Wintergrasp my rogue noticed a kitty druid prowl. So she sapped the druid and unloaded with ambush/kidney shot/shadow dance/etc. She quickly did over 18k damage to the druid, but the druid just disappeared. How could this be? The druid was stunned, poisoned, and clearly in combat. My rogue was detecting invisibility, thus the druid was most probably not invisible.

I have my own kitty druid (who achieved her first honorable kill today) and I am reasonably familiar with kitty druid talents and abilities. My kitty has never been able to just disappear. (In WoW that is -- my real life kitty is quite good at it.)

All my characters are engineers and as I recall the gnomish cloaking device does not work in combat. My warlock is an acomplished alchemist and keeps us well supplied with the most interesting potions, but nothing which would do what I saw the druid do. Or rather didn't see the druid do.

This has happened to me before. I believe I may have posted about it in the past: where someone I am beating on is suddenly gone. This time I had recount up as well as the combat log, and nothing is shown to account for it.

If the druid player had hit alt/F4 the character should still be in the game world for several seconds, I believe. Long enough for my rogue to finish what she was doing.

The battle was over? Alliance druid?

Shadowmeld -> Flight Form. If you blink you might not see them fly off into the distance...

Also yeah. I've taken queues while getting beat on in WG before. I always imagined folks seeing me disappear freak out.
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
You can also just right-click on your PVP icon on the mini-map while in WG and select an option to port to Dalaran.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
(10-11-2010, 02:29 PM)Shamago Wrote: The battle was over? Alliance druid?

Shadowmeld -> Flight Form. If you blink you might not see them fly off into the distance...

Also yeah. I've taken queues while getting beat on in WG before. I always imagined folks seeing me disappear freak out.

No, Horde druid.

However my Alliance druid will have to try that trick. I used to use Shadowmeld all the time when it could only be used out of combat. Then they changed it so it could be used in combat, but it would interrupt your current action so you could no longer Shadowmeld while eating. Then they changed it again so that I thought it really didn't take you out of combat, it just broke targeting? But I have not really bothered with Shadowmelding since I read that in the patch notes.
(10-10-2010, 11:11 PM)LavCat Wrote: In the aftermath of Wintergrasp my rogue noticed a kitty druid prowl. So she sapped the druid and unloaded with ambush/kidney shot/shadow dance/etc. She quickly did over 18k damage to the druid, but the druid just disappeared. How could this be? The druid was stunned, poisoned, and clearly in combat. My rogue was detecting invisibility, thus the druid was most probably not invisible.

This seems to be the norm now with Horde PvPers on Stormrage when it comes to WG. There seem to be several that unless they have a clear advantage or they're getting their ass handed to them when they thought they could win, they get out of the zone immediately. Horde PvPers on Stormrage have become real pansies and depend on Tenacity way too much or can't stomach losing a fight when it's remotely fair.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(10-11-2010, 02:43 PM)Mordekhuul Wrote: You can also just right-click on your PVP icon on the mini-map while in WG and select an option to port to Dalaran.

Yup, I think that's the trick. I never knew about it but I tested it this afternoon. It does use your hearthstone cooldown though.

I wonder if there is a script command so that the port to Dalaran could be put in a macro? My then 75 druid was ganked by a warrior, Ghaorufint, while fishing in Wintergrasp the other day. Actually ganked twice -- the first time she got away. Her own stupidity that she went back to fishing in the same spot. Later on she found a flagged warrior which made her feel better.

In a way it is a shame that there is such a feature as the port to Dalaran. The fighting after the battle is often more fun than the battle itself.
(10-11-2010, 11:36 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(10-11-2010, 02:43 PM)Mordekhuul Wrote: You can also just right-click on your PVP icon on the mini-map while in WG and select an option to port to Dalaran.

Yup, I think that's the trick. I never knew about it but I tested it this afternoon. It does use your hearthstone cooldown though.

I wonder if there is a script command so that the port to Dalaran could be put in a macro? My then 75 druid was ganked by a warrior, Ghaorufint, while fishing in Wintergrasp the other day. Actually ganked twice -- the first time she got away. Her own stupidity that she went back to fishing in the same spot. Later on she found a flagged warrior which made her feel better.

In a way it is a shame that there is such a feature as the port to Dalaran. The fighting after the battle is often more fun than the battle itself.

Gharoufint is the biggest pansy on Stormrage. He's notorious for ganking people, but as soon as his gank turns around on him, he's gone. Can't handle being killed.

It saddens me that most of the good Horde PvPers have either left Stormrage or switched factions to Alliance and now we're left with dregs like Gharofint, Kraytos, and others for Horde PvP on the server (I expect Lazypeon to outright give up soon and either switch servers or switch factions).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

(10-12-2010, 12:49 AM)Lissa Wrote: Gharoufint is the biggest pansy on Stormrage. He's notorious for ganking people, but as soon as his gank turns around on him, he's gone. Can't handle being killed.

It saddens me that most of the good Horde PvPers have either left Stormrage or switched factions to Alliance and now we're left with dregs like Gharofint, Kraytos, and others for Horde PvP on the server (I expect Lazypeon to outright give up soon and either switch servers or switch factions).

Ghaorufint got me tonight fair and square! Don't tell my friends at DEHTA, but many worgs have gone into buff food for my rogue in Wintergrasp. Tonight however she had left a battleground with a good food buff and did not want to waste it on tracking humanoids. Her mistake.

She was taking out tower cannons at the start, and on the fourth cannon Ghaorufint got her with all kinds of tenacity and a shield slam from behind. From recount, Ghaorufint did not attack any other players, so perhaps he didn't stick around. It was a total Horde rout as usual.

It took me a while to realize Ghaorufint must use invisibility potions, since my warlock is the only one of my characters to notice him hearthing out in the middle of a firefight. He may not be the best sport, but I would not say he is doing anything wrong. My baby druid was fishing in Wintergrasp and hence fair game.

I think you and I may have different levels of tolerence for what goes on in PvP, remembering our workshop roof discussion. I hold that almost anything is fair in love and warcraft, or at least in warcraft. Where I draw the line is taking battleground objectives before the gates are open, as I saw tonight in AB (and it was Alliance doing it). To me that is clearly an exploit.

Maybe ideas are changing? I know in the past Bolty has written against the practice of graveyard camping, but unless I am very much mistaken Bolty was recently next to me in the Horde graveyard (healing everyone but me).

Camping a character 35 levels lower all night is somewhat different, which is why I stopped playing much on Tichondrious.

Playing a rogue in PvP, as I've only been doing about a week, gives me more of a perspective. In AV tonight I waited patiently for a Horde mage to clear out all the mobs from Coldtooth mine. Then when the mage was at half health and out of mana, I did what rogues are paid to do. Plus I was delighted to find the mobs in AV carry heavy junkboxes!

In AB a druid was behind our flag defender, but my rogue was behind the druid. Fun. (I should add, in another AB a Horde rogue was behind me when I attacked, but such is life.)

I also don't think it's nice to mock other players, but tonight I saw a priest in Wintergrasp at Eastspark jumping around with Holy Nova. Clearly the priest must have heard me, so I laughed. I wasn't about to attack because the priest had 8 tenacity. Then an Alliance combat rogue rode up, didn't even stealth, and started waling on the priest. I felt like a coward. It took me a few seconds to get in position, but I stole the kill with an over 10K ambush crit.

Lazypeon I have not seen in quite a while. Maybe he has a life.
(10-12-2010, 12:49 AM)Lissa Wrote: Gharoufint is the biggest pansy on Stormrage. He's notorious for ganking people, but as soon as his gank turns around on him, he's gone. Can't handle being killed.

If it makes you feel any better Zyn and I have curb stomped Gharoufint for awhile now. I killed him on Braiginn when Gharoufint had 8 stacks of tenacity.
(10-12-2010, 01:26 PM)Tal Wrote:

If it makes you feel any better Zyn and I have curb stomped Gharoufint for awhile now. I killed him on Braiginn when Gharoufint had 8 stacks of tenacity.

Doesn't really matter, I go looking for him now with Delindra. Life's a bitch when you're falling out of the sky as a piggy... Angel

(10-12-2010, 12:49 AM)Lissa Wrote: It saddens me that most of the good Horde PvPers have either left Stormrage or switched factions to Alliance and now we're left with dregs like Gharofint, Kraytos, and others for Horde PvP on the server (I expect Lazypeon to outright give up soon and either switch servers or switch factions).

Well, Lazypeon is back and was in the most recent Wintergrasp. My warlock, Fasolt got the killing blow. Of course he ressed and killed her. However Lazypeon died three times and she died once so I would consider that a win.

The current problem is I am getting 10 fps in Wintergrasp and can't see anything.
Quote:Gharoufint is the biggest pansy on Stormrage. He's notorious for ganking people, but as soon as his gank turns around on him, he's gone. Can't handle being killed.

I love that there are imbeciles playing this game who think that there are some sort of rules of honor for playing it. Go cry to your mother (she's upstairs, wondering when her 45 year old son is going to get a job and move out). ROFLOL You have to be kidding with this garbage!
(05-01-2011, 12:12 AM)Ghaorufint Wrote: I love that there are imbeciles playing this game who think that there are some sort of rules of honor for playing it. Go cry to your mother (she's upstairs, wondering when her 45 year old son is going to get a job and move out). ROFLOL You have to be kidding with this garbage!

This thread just got interesting.

*munches popcorn*
(05-01-2011, 12:12 AM)Ghaorufint Wrote: I love that there are imbeciles playing this game who think that there are some sort of rules of honor for playing it. Go cry to your mother (she's upstairs, wondering when her 45 year old son is going to get a job and move out). ROFLOL You have to be kidding with this garbage!

So instead of refuting his claim you're going to go with the tired 'ur mom' insult? Smile

(05-01-2011, 12:12 AM)Ghaorufint Wrote:
Quote:Gharoufint is the biggest pansy on Stormrage. He's notorious for ganking people, but as soon as his gank turns around on him, he's gone. Can't handle being killed.

I love that there are imbeciles playing this game who think that there are some sort of rules of honor for playing it. Go cry to your mother (she's upstairs, wondering when her 45 year old son is going to get a job and move out). ROFLOL You have to be kidding with this garbage!

Well, in point of fact, Ynir and his Horde guild left Stormrage a few months ago. I never noticed till last night when I asked Ynir in chat if I could put bunny ears on his characters for the achievement. My level one paladin did manage to find a female Blood Elf on the roof of the Lion's Pride Inn. Had to climb a fence to get line of sight, but got her.

World of Warcraft may not have rules of honor (though it did back when my Field Marshal got her title) but this forum does have rules of discourse. At times the lounge has heated arguments, but the biggest sword doesn't always win over logic, persuasion, and fact. Unless you were role playing Horde intellect and speech, yours was not a good first post. Gutterspeak does not go over very well.

Even so, welcome. I hope you stay a while. We could use another voice.
People still go to Wintergrasp?!

Man... that place is a Ghost Town on Terenas.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(05-02-2011, 03:46 PM)shoju Wrote: People still go to Wintergrasp?!

Man... that place is a Ghost Town on Terenas.

Check the dates of the posts.
Oh man... baited by a troll.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright