new bot / farm exploit
Chars less than level 10 in Moonglade at graveyard

low level toons killing low level opposite faction toons who are spirit rezzing to bypass the rez timer.
Below level 10 you get no rez sickness, so this gives decent honor gains
Attacking toons periodically going to buy honor gems, mail them, and presumably go list them on the AH with another char.

Verified on multiple servers.
Buying raw gems on the AH may be contributing to Gold sellers.

Killing the attacking faction seems to cause them to logout both factions eventually. Killing the attackees before the attackers can kill them seems to do nothing, and must be done ad-nauseum to have an effect.

Check Moonglade GYs on your server.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(10-29-2010, 08:18 PM)Concillian Wrote: Chars less than level 10 in Moonglade at graveyard

low level toons killing low level opposite faction toons who are spirit rezzing to bypass the rez timer.
Below level 10 you get no rez sickness, so this gives decent honor gains
Attacking toons periodically going to buy honor gems, mail them, and presumably go list them on the AH with another char.

Verified on multiple servers.
Buying raw gems on the AH may be contributing to Gold sellers.

Killing the attacking faction seems to cause them to logout both factions eventually. Killing the attackees before the attackers can kill them seems to do nothing, and must be done ad-nauseum to have an effect.

Check Moonglade GYs on your server.

Outside of battlegrounds I've never spirit ressed, so maybe I don't understand this, but it sounds like world PvP to me. Unless you are saying it is cross-faction collusion between two gold farming characters.

My level 80 NE rogue (who got her black warbear in the mail today) was accosted in Durotar by a level 6 gnome mage who was looking for baby horde to kill. He had positioned his pet on the path just outside the orc starting area. But the mage himself was so well hidden I could not find him till he started jumping up and down.

I was there because I was looking for a troll to pummel with a pumpkin.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Yes. World PvP.

two accounts, one with lowbie horde, one with lowbie alliance, kill them, they spirit res with no res timer, no res sickness, and moonglade is contested and generally void of people to bug you.

Blizzard is aware of it, and they at this point aren't banning/suspending you if you buy the gems from the Ah, but they are sending out notifications. I got one when I got home for a gem I bought on the AH a couple of days ago Alliance Side.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-29-2010, 11:58 PM)LavCat Wrote: Outside of battlegrounds I've never spirit ressed, so maybe I don't understand this, but it sounds like world PvP to me. Unless you are saying it is cross-faction collusion between two gold farming characters.

Yes, cross faction collusion.

Multiple naked level 1-3 of one faction getting mowed down by level 1-3 of the opposite faction, spirit rezzing 5 seconds later to be killed again. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Like 24/7. On normal rulset servers too, obviously they're flagging PvP.

This kind of cross faction collusion is impossible above level 10, because res timers are high. If you spirit healer res at level 11 or higher, you get resurrection sickness, and killing a player with resurrection sickness gives no honor. These are bots and clearly exploiting a loophole in the system.
(10-30-2010, 12:05 AM)shoju Wrote: Blizzard is aware of it, and they at this point aren't banning/suspending you if you buy the gems from the Ah, but they are sending out notifications. I got one when I got home for a gem I bought on the AH a couple of days ago Alliance Side.

Even if they don't ban you for buying the gems... buying them will contribute to the livelihood of gold sellers. I would recommend against buying uncut gems on the AH right now.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(10-30-2010, 05:11 AM)Concillian Wrote: Even if they don't ban you for buying the gems... buying them will contribute to the livelihood of gold sellers. I would recommend against buying uncut gems on the AH right now.

The cost of cut and uncut gems should be directly related. Surely this contaminates all gems on the AH?

-Jester
(10-30-2010, 12:05 AM)shoju Wrote: Blizzard is aware of it, and they at this point aren't banning/suspending you if you buy the gems from the Ah, but they are sending out notifications. I got one when I got home for a gem I bought on the AH a couple of days ago Alliance Side.

Wait, did I understand that correctly? You were warned by Blizzard for buying something off the AH? How is the average player even supposed to know something like this is going on? I would never even have dreamed up this scenario, let alone know it was happening.

If that is the case, it is another example of laying gold seller grief on their everyday customers and turning a blind eye to the actual thieves. There are simple answers to whisper spam (whisper throttle) and stolen accounts (authenticator required) that Blizzard simply will not implement and now they know of these honor exploiters and don't ban them and pull their auctions? I really wish dropping my subscription would be a way to get their attention but, at this point, there would not be nearly enough folks doing it to be anything more than cutting off our noses to spite our faces. Sad
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
It wasn't a "warning" in the sense that they gave me an official warning, but they sent me a note explaining that there is currently a gold selling practice going on, and that it may or may not include compromised accounts.

They took the gem back, but they refunded my gold. I think that the big problem with this is that it isn't necessarily an exploit, it is just pushing the model that they came up with for lower level characters to the very maximum of the limits.

I agree, staying away from uncut gems on the AH for now is probably a good thing.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-30-2010, 03:18 PM)shoju Wrote: It wasn't a "warning" in the sense that they gave me an official warning, but they sent me a note explaining that there is currently a gold selling practice going on, and that it may or may not include compromised accounts.

They took the gem back, but they refunded my gold. I think that the big problem with this is that it isn't necessarily an exploit, it is just pushing the model that they came up with for lower level characters to the very maximum of the limits.

I agree, staying away from uncut gems on the AH for now is probably a good thing.

Why would they take the gem? I understand it's the product of unsanctioned practices, but after it changes hands? What are you supposed to do? Just keep buying gems until one stays? "All right, I got a legit one! AH lottery is go!" How long will it take for a black market in uncut gems to spring up? Under the table deals with a wink and a nod? Very suspicious Non Gem Materials purchases, lubed through Orgrimmar customs with bribes? Jewelcrafters destitute after losing the ability to safely purchase gems to cut? The world is going mad!

Destroying the uncut gem economy just because Blizzard can't fix this is not acceptable to me. And I'm not going to waste time or gold just because some poopsocker found a way to cheese the system.

Buying gems with honor, required level: 15. Boom, problem solved. Don't thank me, guys, I'm just a common man with common ideas.
They have always removed items that were involved in fraudulent even if it was purchased through the AH. I don't know what they are going to do at this time, but I would assume that they are trying to get a clamp down on this, and soon. I think one of the easiest interim solutions would be to turn Moonglade into a sanctuary zone. then, they could start adding lower level creatures to GY's that are hostile. Low enough in level that they wont aggro someone who spirit rezzes at the appropriate level for the zone, but high enough to eliminate this activity.
(11-01-2010, 12:29 PM)shoju Wrote: They have always removed items that were involved in fraudulent even if it was purchased through the AH. I don't know what they are going to do at this time, but I would assume that they are trying to get a clamp down on this, and soon. I think one of the easiest interim solutions would be to turn Moonglade into a sanctuary zone. then, they could start adding lower level creatures to GY's that are hostile. Low enough in level that they wont aggro someone who spirit rezzes at the appropriate level for the zone, but high enough to eliminate this activity.

The possible "solution" ideas I had were:

Buy gems requires with Honor requires lvl 55-60 (about the time you get socketed items). This prevents you from using your lvl 19 twink to supply gems to capped toon though. So maybe like bob said, lvl 15.

Better idea was to just not give honor to toons below lvl 10. I'm not sure how much <lvl 10 PvP occcurs on PvP servers, but the BGs are setup for lvl10 and above.

Sanctuary zone, like you mentioned was another option I'd though of too.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
I have never engaged in <10 pvp. I know that there are some very "Niche" places where it does indeed occur, and I seem to remember an article on a wow site about a server that allowed a gaggle of <10 twinks to have VoA all to themselves one day, but it is indeed very rare.

Something will be done, and it will hurt those who do things <10 for fun mad, but those are the breaks.
Even if they don't ban you for buying the gems...
AngelWelcome to F1 Fanatic world.
As of today:

Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.

That will put a crimp in the plans at least for now.