Cataclysm Characters
Now that I have solved my character limit problem, I plan to make a worgen at midnight on 12/7, along with a few million of my closest friends. I cannot decide which class, though probably a death knight.

I'd be interested to hear what classes and professions other folks will be choosing for their worgen and goblins. Who wants to go first?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I plan on making a worgen shaman.

Yeah, neither does the slot to put the combination in. Angry Sad (In case you were thinking, "But, Loch, that combination doesn't exist.")
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(11-28-2010, 03:57 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I plan on making a worgen shaman.

Yeah, neither does the slot to put the combination in. Angry Sad (In case you were thinking, "But, Loch, that combination doesn't exist.")

You could solve the latter problem the same way that I solved mine. The former I cannot help with...at least until the next expansion. If it helps you feel any better, my first choice was worgen paladin.

Did you know that there is an achievement for being killed by Deathwing? Guess how I found out.
(11-28-2010, 01:34 AM)LavCat Wrote: Now that I have solved my character limit problem, I plan to make a worgen at midnight on 12/7, along with a few million of my closest friends. I cannot decide which class, though probably a death knight.

I'd be interested to hear what classes and professions other folks will be choosing for their worgen and goblins. Who wants to go first?

You do realize with that choice, you would need to have a 55+ level character already on that account to create a Death Knight. A DK also starts at level 55 in the DK starting area and not at level 1. If you want to experience some of the new quest content with some level appropriate toons then you will need one of the other classes.
(11-28-2010, 06:22 AM)LavCat Wrote: You could solve the latter problem the same way that I solved mine.....

Did you know that there is an achievement for being killed by Deathwing? Guess how I found out.

I wish I could justify a second account, it would have happened long ago, but a fixed income says no. I only justify paying one subscription with the rationale that it keeps me from the boredom that would push me over to full blown insanity.

I saw someone on Terenas get that achievement. I wonder if he will continue to do fly-overs after the 7th or if that is just a pre-cata event. I'm thinking about swapping my banker there to have a goblin (probably my fire mage there) for new content with the hopes of seeing a fly-over.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(11-28-2010, 12:49 PM)Ruvanal Wrote:
(11-28-2010, 01:34 AM)LavCat Wrote: Now that I have solved my character limit problem, I plan to make a worgen at midnight on 12/7, along with a few million of my closest friends. I cannot decide which class, though probably a death knight.

You do realize with that choice, you would need to have a 55+ level character already on that account to create a Death Knight. A DK also starts at level 55 in the DK starting area and not at level 1. If you want to experience some of the new quest content with some level appropriate toons then you will need one of the other classes.

When I was on the phone with Blizzard I asked about a transfer. The cost is $25. If I decide on a DK I would probably move my level 1 paladin (my first character on Stormrage) over to the new account. That would free up a character slot on my main account to make a death knight. Hmm, if I do that though I could not make the worgen quite at midnight, as I will probably not have my collectors edition by then. Oh, well I have a few days to think about it.

I've never had a DK so for me the DK starting area would be new content. Of course I will want to see the new worgen and goblin starting areas also.

My night elf hunter spent yesterday around the world taming rares (thanks again for the recommendation so long ago for SilverDragon, one of my favorite addons). She paused to do some worgen content. I love the worgen artwork. I only wish they went in more for mailboxes.

The main difficulty right now is coming up with a nifty worgen name.
(11-28-2010, 08:52 PM)LavCat Wrote: The main difficulty right now is coming up with a nifty worgen name.

To get you started. Smile

Also check out all the other starting areas (except maybe the Orc one, ugh). They are vastly improved and well worth the odd hour it takes to get the few first quests done.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.