Shoju's "Guaranteed to tank heroics" Gear Set. Thought I would share.
I have been doing some research into what I'm going to do with my justice points (that I regrettably didn't cap), reputations, and quests so that I can be ready to go for heroics at 85.

I have a great list of gear, and where it comes from, but... We all know how drops can be right? We Lurker Tanks know first hand how fickle the loot gods can be.

So, What if I don't see any drops? What if I need to rely solely on what I can get "guaranteed"? Here is the backup plan, slot by slot, for a setup that should put me borderline ready for raiding, but at least ready to go for good heroic stomping.

This list of gear is "Guaranteed" You aren't going to be busting your tail farming for drops. These are all quest rewards. I have omitted Crafted pieces that require Chaos Orbs at this time. This early in the Expac, they are BoP, which is going to drive the Price high. I have also omitted BoE World Drops, as that means you are farming the AH, when you should be farming dungeons / Questing.

Helm

Item Grinning Fang Helm Revered: Dragonmaw Clan.
Enchant for the enchant, you will need Revered Status with the Earthen Ring.
Gemming I will be gemming this helm with Austere Shadowspirit Diamond, and either a Defender's Demonseye or a Guardian's Demonseye Depending on what I need.

Shoulders

Item Sunburnt Pauldrons 1650 Justice Points.
Enchant For this enchant, You will need to be either Honored, or Exalted with Therazane. Due to Therazane having a tabard for dungeon championing, this will be an easy rep to run, unlike Hodir was at the beginning of WotLK.

Gemming+10 Dodge does not make me very excited as a Socket Bonus. I will be using a Solid Ocean Sapphire in this socket.

If you don't want to spend the Justice Points on these, a viable alternative is Pharoah's Burial Spaulders

Chest

Item Breastplate of the Witness - Quest - Grim Batol 5 man dungeon.
Enchant - 55 stamina The higher Stamina enchant requires crystals, and at this point, a blue item, and large price on crystals makes the extra 20 stamina overkill.

I don't list an alternative here, because... there aren't many good alternatives, and this quest can be done at 83 in the normal version of Grim Batol.

Bracers

Item Ankh Inscribed Bracers
Alliance has: Dunwald's Finest Bindings which are an upgrade, at least, over those, even if they're still green. There is not a comparable quest reward for horde.

These are a stepping stone piece AT BEST. There are woefully few guaranteed tank Bracers. You could luck into one of | the pairs from Halls of Origination, but they are all stepping stone to getting

Sanguard Bracers Exalted: The Ramkahen. These bracers are Raid level, and can last you into getting Heroic Quality raid bracers.

EnchantYou have several options for enchanting your bracers in Cataclysm. Because I'm a paladin, and strength pales in comparison to Hit and Expertise (all the way to the hard cap) for threat, I will be using Enchant Bracer - Precision or Enchant Bracer - Greater Expertise Depending on what I need more of. I'm not a very big fan of the 50 dodge enchant, mainly because the amount of dodge I get from the enchant as opposed to the hit or expertise is minimal.

Gloves

Item Gloves of Gnomebliteration Quests: Uldum
enchantEnchant Gloves: Mastery

These are the only guaranteed gloves. They are a little low in Ilvl, but they are better than nothing, and that is my main goal. I want to make sure I have a "default" list.

Again, there is a better enchant, but it again requires Crystals. Not something I'm willing to drop on ilvl325 gloves.

Belt

Item Girdle of the Mountains -1650 Justice Points

This is the only guaranteed Belt with a good ilvl. Everything else relies on drops.

We will want to add an Ebonsteel Belt Buckle and gem it with Defender's Demonseye or a Guardian's Demonseye Depending on what I need for the socket bonus, and a Puissant Dream Emerald in the Prismatic socket so that we have our 2 yellows to activate the meta gem.

Legs:

Item Stone Wrapped Greaves - Honored: The Earthen Ring
Gemming Defender's Demonseye or a Guardian's Demonseye Depending on what I need for the socket bonus, and a Solid Ocean Sapphire in the Prismatic socket.
Enchant Twilight Leg Armor There is a better Leg Armor than this, but I don't feel that the increase in materials / gold is worth it at this time.

Feet:

You will be wearing one set of boots, while you grind out your Dragonmaw Rep, which will allow you to wear those 359 epics.

Items Ramkahen Front Boots - Quest: The Lost City of Tol'vir - These boots can be accquired at level 83, in the Normal Lost City of Tol'vir Dungeon. You will want to wear these while grinding your dragonmaw rep to exalted to wear: Boots of Sullen Rock - Exalted: Dragonmaw Clan

Gemming As much as I don't care for the socket bonus because of how little it is, we need a second yellow gem to activate our meta. Queue using another Puissant Dream Emerald

Enchanting You have a couple of options for enchants. Mastery is a fantastic option for paladin tanks who pick up Pursuit of Justice. There is Lavawalker if you need the movement increase. I wouldn't put this on the ramkahen front boots, but if you need the movement speed, I think 359 epics will be worth the maelstrom crystal.

Cloak:

This is another situation where I would plan on wearing one cloak, until you get the other cloak. There is a nicer crafted cloak than what I'm listing, but it requires Chaos Orbs.
Items Cloak of War -Crafted: Leatherworking. You will want to wear this cloak until you can pick up Wrap of the Great Turtle - Exalted: Guardians of Hyjal

Both Cloaks are perfect for enchanting Protection on.

Rings:

Felsen's Ring of Resolve - Revered: Therazane
Red Rock Band - Revered: The Ramkahen

both of these rings are rep rings, and will be picked up along your normal rep grinds. There is no reason not to use them until you get better.

Enchant If you are an enchanter, you can use: Enchant Ring: Greater Stamina

Neck:

Yay for another slot with options!
Item The Lustrous Eye - 1250 Justice Points
Mountain's Mouth - Honored: Guardian's of Hyjal

I don't know if I would make this one of my first Justice points purchases since their is a piece comparable from rep. Yes, The JP piece is indeed better, But since we will be grinding Hyjal for the cloak, I don't see the 1250 Justice Points as being a good investment until we are closer to raiding, and only if you don't see a neck in heroics.

Relic:

there are plenty of Relics out there to be had.
Item
Blackblood Freedom Standard
Notched Jawbone - Crafted: inscription
Etched Horn - Crafted Inscription

All three of these are good choices. Obviously, the notched Jawbone is going to be the best, but it also requires the most mats, while Blackblood Freedom Standard is quested for in the first ~15 quests in Twilight Highlands.

Trinkets:

Tanking Trinkets are far more plentiful in cataclysm than they have been before. Especially while leveling up. If you see nothing else before heroics, you can count on questing for

Zab'rock's Lucky Tooth In the twilight Highlands, and Insignia of Diplomacy In deepholm.

Jewelcrafters should be on the lookout for Figurine - Earthen Guardian a BoP world drop that can drop from just about anything in the game.

engineers should be on the lookout for
Elementium Dragonling for a healthy dose of Mastery,

and alchemists should be on the lookout for Lifebound Alchemists Stone

There is also the Impatience of Youth Available from the Baradin's Hold Reputation vendor at exalted. Since you can't dungeon for this rep, I don't consider this a very 'plausible' rep to get for starting to grind heroics.

Weapon:

There are plenty of weapons out there that you can use. These two are the best from questing / guaranteed drops, and focus on more "tanky" / Threat stats
Mace of the Gullet - Quests: Twilight Highlands.
Riftrent Waraxe - Quests: Deepholm.

Enchants
There are plenty of enchants out there to use. At this point, I'm personally going to be using Mending, because the avoidance from Windwalk is far too sporadic to be counted on. If you wanted threat enchants, Avalanche Is the new fiery, while Landslide Is the bursty threat enchant, this time with no armor reduction[/url]

For the Death Knight Tanks who might be reading this.
Oversized Oblique Ogre Obliterator Comes from the new Ring of Blood Style Event in Twilight Highlands, and Axe of Earthly Sundering comes from questing in Deepholm.

Shields:

Honestly, to get a heroic ready shield, just do the intro quests for the twilight highlands. You end up back in org/SW, and you have a simple hunt and kill quest. This quest will reward you with
Twilight Mirrorshield - Quests : Twilight Highlands

Enchant: All of the Shield enchants for tanks are rather lacking right now.
Blocking is probably your best bet. It gives ~.50% block chance at 85.
Protection Was better early in the beta before the massive armor nerf.

There are still the stamina (marginal at best) and Dodge(even smaller bonus) enchants for shields.

There is a shield for Justice points, but I would ONLY get that shield if you are headed to raiding and have not seen one of the heroics shields drops (Halls of Origination, and Blackrock Caverns).
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
This gear set ends up putting you at Average Ilvl: 338.8 (suitable for running all heroics). You will notice that I used the rep pieces instead of the intermediary pieces. This is a personal choice, as I don't care about the intermediary pieces as much as the "I will probably be raiding in this" pieces that I can get this route.

Dodge = 8.3% from gear.
Parry = 6.42% from gear.
Mastery = 4.95% from gear.
Expertise = 14 from gear.
Hit Rating = 3.22% from gear.

These are far from "Amazing" Numbers, or numbers that we are used to see from our gear, but this is bare bones heroic ready, not counting any drops.

I don't expect to see people wearing this gear set in its entirety. This is just a "worst case" / "I can't get a drop" scenario set, where every piece is outside the realm of RNG loot drops.

I hope this helps people look at what they are going to need / Want to get from reps and Justice points.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I have given some thoughts to how I'm going about the rep grind, and I have decided I will be going:

1.) Dragonmaw to Exalted.
2.) Ramkahen to Exalted.
3.) Guardian's of Hyjal to Exalted.
4.) Therazane to Exalted.
5.) Earthen Ring to finis.

Here is why.

There are 4 tanking heads that are ilvl 346.
The Justice Point helm is very str heavy, and threat right now is not a concern.
The Helm of Setesh is also more statted for threat.
The Helm from H:UP wouldn't be bad, but it is a drop, and with questing in the twilight highlands and a few normals while getting geared for heroics, you can easily pick up the dragonmaw head frist.

The epic Tank boots are a very nice piece, and look like a worthwhile Epic that will last until you either get Heroic Raiding Boots, or T12.

The Ramkahen.
There is the ring at revered, but I have a feeling that I could live without it. BUT, in blizzard's super awesome way, they yet again only put one pair of tank bracers in T11 content. These bracers are very nice pieces even lacking a socket. I feel comfortable saying that these again will last a very long time in T11 content.

Guardian's of Hyjal.
This again is less about the neck, and more about the cloak. The Cloak from Leatherworking is technically a better piece, but at this point, very expensive. As a guaranteed piece, you can't go wrong with this cloak.

Therazane / Earthen Ring.
Rep enchants are very powerful, and good enchanting makes you a better tank. But, the upgrade in enchant from the WotLK to the Cata enchant is not as marginal as the gear upgrades are, and the RDF doesn't look at enchants when determining if you are heroic ready sadly.

While I plan to have all the reps maxed before Lurkers are storming T11, I do think that working through the list in this fashion will net me the best results.
Thanks for putting this together Smile. I already sent it to a paladin friend and he appreciates your work.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Aye I meant to post my appreciation as well - I've been working off your list to get Sharanna ready for heroics (though I'm going Ramadingdong rep first)
Glad it helped someone Smile

Because of the way I leveled, I'm going to work on the zones that the rep is for while I dungeon crawl as well. I only quested in zones to make friendly with the reps before moving on, and tanking.

Remember, there are probably better pieces for some slots that will drop in dungeons, but this list is the guarantee Smile
Alliance has Dunwald's Finest Bindings (http://www.wowhead.com/item=63835), which are an upgrade, at least, over those, even if they're still green. I am unaware if there's a similar quest reward for Horde.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Thanks for the info. i will get those added.
So, I'm getting ready to raid, What can I do to make sure that I'm as prepared as possible?

Well, I'm back! And I have hopefully another good list for you. This list will contain 346 gear, 359 gear, BoE gear, Rep Gear, Anything that will help you be ready to walk in and tank your raids. I'm going to try and shy away from PvP gear. I'm not a fan of using PvP gear in PvE, but there are a couple of pieces that can work for you.

Helm

• Grinning Fang Helm Revered: Dragonmaw Clan. **This is still the Helm to shoot for. It is the best of the blues, and it doesn't waste itemization on strength. As a Paladin, Strength comes in behind Expertise (to 26), Hit (to cap), and Expertise to Parry Cap, in that order as far as threat is concerned.
  • Headcover of Fog - Parry and Hit. Still an avoidance + threat piece. It might be a viable alternative if your plate tanking class wants hit over expertise. Drops from Grand Vizier Ertan in H:VP
  • Helm of Setesh - Same stats makeup as the Rep Helm, but it wastes itemization on str. Drops from Setesh in H:HoO.

If you happen to be an Engineer, you should Be working to craft Wonka Vision. The Cogs are worth more itemization than the green stats on a normal helm, so the trade of is no non-meta socket, but you can pick the 2 stats you want, and you get more of them.

Shoulders

• Sunburnt Pauldrons 1650 Justice Points.
  • Earthshape Pauldrons If you don't have the sunburnt pauldrons, or you are truly trying to min/max your gear, should be better for just about every tank class that can use them. Unfortunately, they drop from Dragha Shadowburner, which is a tough boss for most pugs to get down. If you are going after these, Guild Runs would be a safe way to get them.
  • Raz's Pauldrons. They are ok, and probably on par with the Sunburnt in terms of quality.
  • Heaving Plates of Protection are a trash drop from Bastion of Twilight
  • Pauldrons of Edward the Odd are a BoE World drop.

Chest

I would use either Blue that I could get first. One is Parry, one is Dodge. Chances are you will be reforging the one to the other to lessen the DR hit that your ratings take.

Bracers

If I had to choose a set of these to use of the blue bracers instead of the Rep Bracers, I would pick the Alpha Bracers or Terborus's. They have mastery, and you can reforge some of the hit into avoidance, AND they have a socket. I like everything about them. I have a set of Alpha Bracers that I swap to in heavy physical Damage Situations over the Rep Bracers.

Gloves

Yes, the mastery gloves do overemphasize Str as a threat stat. Mastery is still that good, and diminishing returns suck that hard that I wouldn't take them. You will get the best CTC for your money out of the mastery gloves.

Belt

Legs:

None of your available pre-raiding legs have Mastery. Not even the T11 legs (for paladins) have mastery. Your Options are

Feet:

• Boots of Sullen Rock - Exalted: Dragonmaw Clan You will be getting these boots as fast as you possibly can. They are fantastic, and stack up with raiding drops incredibly well. Honestly, don't even bother with the drop boots unless you use them as a stepping stone to these. I don't know if I would bother with them even then.
  • Baron Silverlaine's Greaves - Baron Silverlaine: H:SFK

Cloak:

Rings:

For me, Personally I wear the Ring of Three Lights, and the Felsen's Ring. These are all options, but i would HONESTLY stick to mastery. I can't say this enough. The Signet, is technically an AGI DPS ring, but it has high stamina, the AGI translates to just ~.5% of dodge, and the DPS stat can be reforged into more dodge or parry. This ring is seeing use by a lot of paladin tanks who have the rep for it. I'm unsure how warriors and DK's feel about it.

Neck:

Again with necks, the name of the game is Mastery. I personally lucked out and have the Carrier Wave pendant.

Relic:

The Stalagmite wins, because it is avoidance + Mastery off the bat, but using the Notched isn't horrid, and you shouldn't feel bad if you crafted it.

Trinkets:

So many trinkets, So many Choices. I prefer to run with 1 stam, 1 mastery trinket, and I double up Mastery trinkets on heavy physical fights. Tia's Grace, is a FANTASTIC trinket. The AGI on it translates into ~1% dodge, and the stack was up at full strength on my last Halfus kill for 96.82% of the duration of the fight. I didn't even lose the stack during Furious Roar.

Weapon:

Shields:

I list these in the order that I would use them. The primordial mount is really a poor shield.

Enchants

Gems:

I hope this list helps. I plan on fleshing out some more reasons on why I chose what I did in the coming days, but, I wanted to get this up for people.
(02-18-2011, 09:01 PM)shoju Wrote: Shields:

I list these in the order that I would use them. The primordial mount is really a poor shield.

I'm curious about your last statement. The Primordial Mound gives much needed hit.
(02-18-2011, 09:38 PM)Tal Wrote: I'm curious about your last statement. The Primordial Mound gives much needed hit.

I have yet to find a time where I "need" hit. Even after the changes to paladins that mean we need hit and expertise to make sure we have HoPo generation on a semi consistent basis, Bulwark of the Primordial Mound comes in Dead last in hit, and combat table coverage. While it does have avoidance, The avoidance pales in Comparison for CTC going against the shields on the list, including the the Shield of the iron Maiden.

If I had a 333 shield, I certainly wouldn't pass up the Bulwark, but I wouldn't replace my other 346's with it, and I wouldn't use it over either of the 359's.

Until Blizzard does something to reign Vengeance in, Threat just isn't an issue, even going through a string of 3-4 missed / dodged / parried Crusader Strikes, which in turn delayed Shield of the Righteous / Word of Glory by a significant amount, I was never in any danger of losing threat, or dying from a lack of self heals.

Another reason for my lack of "love" for hit pieces is the shear amount of rating you need to make a significant contribution at this point. On Shoju, I reforged all my gear to hit when the change went live, and I was only able to add 2.96% hit, which didn't cap me. I started over, and was able to get my expertise very close to the dodge cap (I was at 25 prior to picking up a few new pieces this week that I haven't reforged) using the same method of reforging.

I also have yet to be relied on as the sole interrupter on a raid boss yet, but if I were going to be the sole interrupt, I would focus on making sure that I had AS off CD as much as possible as a backup to Rebuke missing. Back to back misses, while not unheard of, is a pretty low % chance in a case like that.
Figurine - King of Boars isn't bad. Not great either, but the Mastery makes it worth looking at.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Ty Taelas. I missed that when looking at the trinkets.
(02-18-2011, 09:01 PM)shoju Wrote: Weapon:

Blade of the Fearless is a good option for DK tanking.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
I figured I would revisit this thread, and add some opinion / info on the gear upcoming in 4.1 with the 2 new troll heroics. There is *almost* a full set of tanking gear to be had between the 2 new dungeons. Here we go, Piece by Piece.

Head

4.1 brings us: Spiritshield Mask

This helm is..... Well.... it's ok. if you don't need threat, (and not too many people do) it is better than all of the ilvl346 helms, but it isn't going to give you better itemization than a raid helm that you might already have, or ENG's WonkaVision. it is definitely a stepping stone towards a Raid Helm, and better CTC than the Rep helm.

Neck

4.1 Brings us: Amulet of Protection.

This Neck is..... AMAZING. Short of one of the new necks from Al'akir, or a 372 Mastery Piece, this is your BiS piece.

Shoulders

4.1 Brings us Pauldrons of Sacrifice

These are REALLY nice shoulders. They aren't as good as either of the BoE's, but they are better than all the Blues. So, if you don't have a set of the BoE shoulders, and don't have a shoulder token (if you are planning to use shoulders) these are great. Good CTC. Favorable Socket color. These would immediately jump to #2 on the "raid ready list" behind the BoE's.

Cloak

4.1 Brings = Spiritguard Drape .

Don't bother. It is worse than the rep cloak. It is worse than the Crafted Blue. It is Worse CTC than either Heroic Cloak.

Chest

4.1 Brings us Battleplate of the Amani Empire

I didn't think it was possible to find a worse tanking option than the crafted Chest. Apparently, I was wrong.

Bracers

4.1 Brings us Amani Armguards

They are just as uninspiring as the chest. 346 blues are better. Clone of the 359 repic bracers, but 6 ilvls less. Don't bother unless you don't have Alpha bracers / Rotating Bands / Repics.

Gloves

4.1 Brings us Bone Plate Handguards

If you are still using Gnomebliteration, they are better than those. They are not better than the JP purchased tank gloves, or Fingers of Light. Pass unless you have the <346

Belt

4.1 Brings us Coils of Hate

I like this belt. Why? Because it is a viable alternative to the crafted belt. Have cash? Get crafted belt. It is 6 ilvls better. Don't have Cash? Go looking for this. Good belt, but not better than the crafted.

Legs

4.1 Brings us Legguards of the Unforgiving

These could quite possibly be the BiS raiding legs unless you are getting hard mode tokens. Superb CTC coverage. For Paladins, these are better than the T11 Ret Legs you are tanking with. They are better than the Atramedes Legs. Depending on your class, they are better than the t11 tank legs. Give these a long hard look. They are FANTASTIC.

Boots

4.1 Brings us Skullcrusher Warboots

these are substandard when compared to the Rep Boots from the Twilight Highlands. If there are plate DPSers in the party let them snag them.

Ring

4.1 brings us 2 rings. Band of the Gurubashi Berserker and Talonguard Band

The First ring is threat and threat only, and the second one is a "tank" ring. Both are substandard, and fall short of the better itemized 346 rings.

Weapon

4.1 brings us 2 weapons. Rentaki's Soul Slicer, and Broodlord's Protector.

While the Soul Slicer has threat stats, it can be reforged to be the superior tank weapon. I don't particularly care for the Protector's double Avoidance. It will fall behind in CTC coverage for shield tanks compared to 346 mastery weapons, but due to higher ilvl will give better overall threat.

Dk's
Reforged Trollbane looks like a FANTASTIC Tanking Weapon. Jeklik's Smasher is also pretty nice, though the Trollbane does win in terms of "quality stats".

Shield

4.1 brings us Shield of the Blood God, and an archaeology BoA Extinct Turtle Shield

These are both, VERY nice shields. The Crafted shield will still be BiS pre-raid though due to its socket, but the Troll Shield is still VERY nice.

So that is the run down of tank gear from 4.1 There are 2 interesting AGI pieces that paladins might look into since Mastery is king, and AGI doesn't suck for us: Arlokk's Signet, Amulet of the Watcher Both are pretty decent pieces themselves, and give paladins a few more options until Blizzard fixes how AGI works for paladins.

This list is my opinion. When I evaluate tank gear, I'm looking for CTC. (Combat Table Coverage). Threat is largely irrelevant right now thanks to Vengeance. If/when blizzard finds a way to reign it in, then I will start to worry about threat stats. Until then, Making sure that I'm upright and tanking bosses is Priority #1. This means that I devalue threat stats, and that Mastery > Dodge / Parry, since I'm looking for the closest to 102.4 as possible.
If you are like me, and like to have a carrot on a stick to gear for, I present to you, my 4.1 BiS gear set, without buying BoE's, or raiding. If you are late to the raiding party, swapping mains for 4.2, or whatever, this will get you the best bang for your buck out of the gates.

Head: SpiritShield Mask - 4.1 Heroics
Neck: Amulet of Protection - 4.1 Heroics
Shoulder: Pauldrons of Sacrifice - 4.1 Heroics
Cloak: Wrap of the Great Turtle - Guardian's of Hyjal, Exalted
Chest: Beauty's Plate - H:BRC, Beauty.
If you have the VP to purchase it, I would upgrade to your tier 11 Chest.
Bracers: Alpha Bracers - H:HoO Anraphet
Gloves: Fingers of Light - H:HoO Rajh
The JP gloves are a valid option as well, but as I my tastes have changed so far in cata, I prefer these for the socket bonus more so than the JP gloves. If you have the VP, I would purchase your T11 Gloves.
Belt: Hardened Elementium Girdle - Crafted, Blacksmithing.
Legs: Legguards of the Unforgiving - 4.1 Heroics
Boots: Twilight Highlands Rep Boots -Rep reward, Exalted.
Rings:
Ring of the Battle Anthem - Valor Points, if you have them.
Felsen's Ring of Resolve - Therazane, Revered.
Ring of Three Lights - H:LCoT - Siamat
Trinkets:
Mirror of Broken Images
Leaden Despair
Trinkets are a very odd spot for tanking right now, with a decent amount of options.
Weapon: Rentaki's Soul Slicer or Re-forged trollbane 4.1 heroics
Shield: Elementium Earthguard -Crafted, Blacksmithing
relic or Gun
Gurubashi Destroyer -4.1 Heroics
Relic of Khaz'goroth -Valor Points (if you have them)
Stalagmite Dragon -H:Stonecore, Slabhide.

I plan on using this as the list I go by for gearing up my ALT DK Tank. Here is a link to the WoWhead Comparison, for how I plan to gem and enchant it