King Jim
For whatever reason I find myself thinking about King Jim. Are you still around? I miss your voice on the forums.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I always loved reading conversations that King Jim was a part of. Doubly so if he and Pete were in the same thread Smile Those two are a little more experienced in the game of life than me, and it is cool to see their perspective Smile
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Hi,

(02-15-2011, 11:16 AM)LavCat Wrote: For whatever reason I find myself thinking about King Jim. Are you still around? I miss your voice on the forums.

Indeed. Where are you, Jim? And what are you doing/playing? Am I gonna have to get Sue to give you a call?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I know he's a big shot in Mesa, so the good news is that my quick search of the Mesa obits came up blank.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I always had a soft spot for King Jim as well. He was one of the first players I played mp diablo with and was always one of my few Hellfire buddies. Besides he is the only member of this community who is older than I amSmile Therefore, he needs to be located SOON!
Hi,

(02-20-2011, 07:52 PM)Thenryb Wrote: I always had a soft spot for King Jim as well. He was one of the first players I played mp diablo with and was always one of my few Hellfire buddies. Besides he is the only member of this community who is older than I amSmile Therefore, he needs to be located SOON!

Sue (magi) is speaking to him even as I write this. Sounds like he is doing good well*. Hopefully a new game will come down the line that reunites many of us "oldsters". Smile

--Pete

* gotta watch out for the pedants. Smile

(02-20-2011, 11:46 PM)--Pete Wrote: Sue (magi) is speaking to him even as I write this. Sounds like he is doing good well*. Hopefully a new game will come down the line that reunites many of us "oldsters". Smile

Thanks, Pete, for the update. Now that I am Social Security age I worry more about online people going "missing".
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(02-21-2011, 01:32 AM)LavCat Wrote: Now that I am Social Security age I worry more about online people going "missing".

And on that note:

Does anyone have news of Doc aka Dr Douglass? Huh

The most recent sign-on for any forum I know about for him was September 23, 2009. He did have health issues. And one of my last conversations with him was about how we could ensure our respective wills were structured right so that his wife and my under-age children would be looked after.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

(02-20-2011, 11:46 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(02-20-2011, 07:52 PM)Thenryb Wrote: I always had a soft spot for King Jim as well. He was one of the first players I played mp diablo with and was always one of my few Hellfire buddies. Besides he is the only member of this community who is older than I amSmile Therefore, he needs to be located SOON!

Sue (magi) is speaking to him even as I write this. Sounds like he is doing good well*. Hopefully a new game will come down the line that reunites many of us "oldsters". Smile

--Pete

* gotta watch out for the pedants. Smile
Am I old enough to qualify? For oldster, I think I already have the pedant qual ... Tongue
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

(02-28-2011, 03:43 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Am I old enough to qualify?

Not till you catch up to me. Wink

How do you like GEB?

--Pete

Am I old enough to qualify? For oldster, I think I already have the pedant qual ... Tongue
[/quote]

Oh, you are still pretty much of a spring chicken. You may qualify if, as I suspect, your name was inspired by the Lee Van Cleef character in The Good, the Bad and the UglySmile
(02-28-2011, 04:23 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(02-28-2011, 03:43 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Am I old enough to qualify?

Not till you catch up to me. Wink

How do you like GEB?

--Pete
Pete, I admit to a blockage here, I have been unable to parse GEB.

I am so gonna smack my own forehead when you reveal it to me ...

@ thenryb: yes, that is the genesis of my nom de Tristram.

In Memory of Pete
Hi,

(03-06-2011, 02:27 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Pete, I admit to a blockage here, I have been unable to parse GEB.

Gödel, Escher, Bach Smile

Sorry, didn't mean it as a challenge Wink

--Pete

PS I really like ieSpell -- it put the umlaut into Godel for me. Smile

(03-06-2011, 02:23 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(03-06-2011, 02:27 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Pete, I admit to a blockage here, I have been unable to parse GEB.

Gödel, Escher, Bach Smile

Sorry, didn't mean it as a challenge Wink

--Pete

PS I really like ieSpell -- it put the umlaut into Godel for me. Smile
Not through it yet. I am a Strange Loop got sent back to my friend who tells me GEB is better.

In Memory of Pete
Hi, [Image: eye_ball.gif]

I'm alive & well.

Thank you all for thinking of me. Heart

Tom I'm looking foward to a MP D3 game with you.