How are you guys becoming filthy rich?
I'm hesitant to mention my most recent money making endeavor, as I don't think I can accurately convey how I do it without coming off like a big jerk. Lets just say that I Love ZA PuGs.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(06-21-2011, 06:12 AM)--Pete Wrote: Well played. Literally.

I made my 5k G ore investment back today (plus a thousand or so) and I still have a bank alt chock full of moneyores.

Midsummer festival started today, and clicking those fires all around Azeroth was a pretty nice money source for something that I was going to do anyways.
(06-19-2011, 03:09 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Here's a screenshot of my main's Wealth statistics page.

The 4.2 patch fixed the rollover bug. Here's what it looks like now:

[Image: Zs9dd.jpg]

I just checked my account transaction history and I started this account 11/23/2010.

4.2 brought some serious nerfs to uncut gem vendor prices, which is where I made most of my wealth. I have no idea right now what the longterm effect is, but I am really glad I had the foresight to make a dedicated disenchanter and transmute alchemist. If gem prices tank hard, I should be able to make that up by turning them into other things. Truegold should spike really high in a week or so, and i have been stockpiling them.
Hi,

(06-30-2011, 03:15 AM)DeeBye Wrote: ...

You're tempting me to get my "new" computer finished and go back to playing. Smile

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I am still trying, who can pull of me?
(06-30-2011, 04:58 AM)--Pete Wrote: You're tempting me to get my "new" computer finished and go back to playing. Smile

Wow is no fun don't bother.

I lie. It's still a lot of fun.

So after 4.2 dropped a lot of stuff happened with my money-making markets. There is no more cheap ore. None of the cata ores are less than like 40g/stack. I'm glad I maxed out my bank alt's storage with them. I expect ore to drop in price, but I have no idea when. I hope my ore supplies hold up (it wont).

Common and uncommon gems are all over the place in prices. After the first few days of trying to sell uncut gems, I had to switch tactics. Uncuts sold, but not well. Some of them went way up in price, but those were quickly undercut while I wasn't looking (sleeping, working). Some of them went way down in price, to the point that prospecting ores wasn't cost-effective. There used to be a hard cap on uncut common gems imposed by a vendor price. Not anymore.

4.2 brought about a lot of new gear, which means a lot of people needing new cut gems and enchantments for that gear. I am really glad that I saved up a ton of JC tokens to buy whatever the market is wanting. I am also glad that I have an enchanter.

So my easy JC payday is done for. That makes me sad. Fortunately, I seem to be able to make even more money by doing a prospect > make rings/necks > disenchant flip. This takes me 3 times as long as just prospecting ore, but it's really good money so far. I haven't had time to grind the raw numbers on how much I should be buying/posting/vendoring the mats associated with each stage, but so far so good. I'm winging it. Raw crafting mats is always the way to go for making a reliable steady income.
Update!

I think I have my money-making scheme down pat for this patch. Raw gems are no longer the free payday it once was. Now I have to work a bit more for it.

It still starts with Prospecting, and a lot of ores. I AH the uncut rares, but I first check current stocks and pricing of a few of the cut ones (like Mystic Amberjewel. Inferno Ruby sells really well, at high prices. A few lucky prospects of those alone can finance a lot of ore buying.

I turn the uncut common gems into disenchantables (necks and rings). Carnelian Spikes are a goldmine when disenchanted. It takes a LONG time to craft the JC items and disenchant them, but the profit is amazing. If I had unlimited time, I can see myself making 20k+ gold/day. As it is, I can easily do about 5k with maybe 45 mins of work. The only thing that slows it down is that I am on a low pop server so sales can be very slow.
(08-17-2011, 02:48 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Update!

I think I have my money-making scheme down pat for this patch. Raw gems are no longer the free payday it once was. Now I have to work a bit more for it.

It still starts with Prospecting, and a lot of ores. I AH the uncut rares, but I first check current stocks and pricing of a few of the cut ones (like Mystic Amberjewel. Inferno Ruby sells really well, at high prices. A few lucky prospects of those alone can finance a lot of ore buying.

I turn the uncut common gems into disenchantables (necks and rings). Carnelian Spikes are a goldmine when disenchanted. It takes a LONG time to craft the JC items and disenchant them, but the profit is amazing. If I had unlimited time, I can see myself making 20k+ gold/day. As it is, I can easily do about 5k with maybe 45 mins of work. The only thing that slows it down is that I am on a low pop server so sales can be very slow.

I never liked playing the AH, and since gem prices tanked I have not been selling anything. I am sitting on a pile of truegold but it seems the mats are worth more than the selling price. I have a lot of ore and gems but I still have some characters who have not maxed engineering and my enchanter still has a ways to go (480 at the moment). I have been crafting rings and necks for enchanting mats but they are used internally. Maybe there is some market for enchants though I tend to doubt it, since we don't have the best ones yet.

Most of our material I farm, but we use a lot of cloth and it gets bought. Because of this I am running at a net loss, eating into prior gold reserves. Thus I am not becoming filthy rich.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-17-2011, 02:48 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I turn the uncut common gems into disenchantables (necks and rings). Carnelian Spikes are a goldmine when disenchanted. It takes a LONG time to craft the JC items and disenchant them, but the profit is amazing. If I had unlimited time, I can see myself making 20k+ gold/day. As it is, I can easily do about 5k with maybe 45 mins of work. The only thing that slows it down is that I am on a low pop server so sales can be very slow.

You can split this between the DE fodder and raw carnelians. Since raw carnelians are easily tranmuted into Inferno Rubies, they sell for almost as much as the essences the spikes DE into, at least on my server. If, by some miracle, Carnelians are not selling for close to 1/3 what an Inferno Ruby sells for, then you can buy up the carnelians transmute them to Inferno Rubies and sell the inferno rubies. I can sometimes snag some Carnelians from people who have no idea where to price them when there are none on the AH and they sell them for like 10g each. LOL, 30g --> 120g for me... more if I get a transmute proc.

Sometimes the raw uncommon gems are better to prospect than the raw blue text gems of the same color, especially the ones that are used for the JC dailies.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Hi,

(07-04-2011, 04:25 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(06-30-2011, 04:58 AM)--Pete Wrote: You're tempting me to get my "new" computer finished and go back to playing. Smile

Wow is no fun don't bother.

I lie. It's still a lot of fun.

Well, I still haven't got my "new" computer finished, but my laptop died and this new one might be OK to play WoW. I'm downloading the game and in about 10 hours (i.e., probably tomorrow) I'll give it a shot.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(08-18-2011, 07:01 PM)Concillian Wrote: You can split this between the DE fodder and raw carnelians. Since raw carnelians are easily tranmuted into Inferno Rubies, they sell for almost as much as the essences the spikes DE into, at least on my server. If, by some miracle, Carnelians are not selling for close to 1/3 what an Inferno Ruby sells for, then you can buy up the carnelians transmute them to Inferno Rubies and sell the inferno rubies. I can sometimes snag some Carnelians from people who have no idea where to price them when there are none on the AH and they sell them for like 10g each. LOL, 30g --> 120g for me... more if I get a transmute proc.

Sometimes the raw uncommon gems are better to prospect than the raw blue text gems of the same color, especially the ones that are used for the JC dailies.

I used to just sell raw Carnelians, but the market moves too fast. The essences that the Spikes DE into are a surer bet. The profit on my server is about the same either way. Inferno Rubies sell for a good price, but they are undercut way faster than Essences are. I can put up a few stacks of Essences and feel fairly sure that they will all eventually sell by morning, but Inferno Rubies might be undercut 20 times and I'll have sold none.

(08-18-2011, 11:31 PM)--Pete Wrote: Well, I still haven't got my "new" computer finished, but my laptop died and this new one might be OK to play WoW. I'm downloading the game and in about 10 hours (i.e., probably tomorrow) I'll give it a shot.

--Pete

The new 1-60 questlines are really a lot of fun. They have "dumbed down" a lot of the <20 stuff so you'd have to be an idiot to die, but that was okay by me. I just loved watching the stories in the questlines unfold.
Can pyrite now be prospected for epic gems? I could start testing but I'd rather ask than find out for myself the hard way.

(12-01-2011, 04:06 AM)LavCat Wrote: Can pyrite now be prospected for epic gems? I could start testing but I'd rather ask than find out for myself the hard way.

Nope. Angry Gotta raid to get a foo to turn in for a geode to crack open to hope for an epic. All my crafters are slapped in the face again. Since they don't PUG or raid, no access to some of the high end mats and recipes without shelling out tons of gold, and even then some not at all. The self-sufficiency goal for Lochnarmy™ pulls even farther away.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(12-01-2011, 05:32 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 04:06 AM)LavCat Wrote: Can pyrite now be prospected for epic gems? I could start testing but I'd rather ask than find out for myself the hard way.

Nope. Angry Gotta raid to get a foo to turn in for a geode to crack open to hope for an epic. All my crafters are slapped in the face again. Since they don't PUG or raid, no access to some of the high end mats and recipes without shelling out tons of gold, and even then some not at all. The self-sufficiency goal for Lochnarmy™ pulls even farther away.

Same here, alas. Other than my lazy DK who is 82 I have an 85 of every class and profession and not much to do.
(12-01-2011, 05:32 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:

LFR can drop them, too, so it's more accessible than just organized raids.

--Mav
LFR looks to be almost ridiculously easy. We downed the first four bosses in Dragon Soul in less than an hour, one pull on each boss. Granted, we had a leader with PTR experience, but still...

This was mostly a pug, btw. Only 4-5 from my guild.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I hit 250k gold today.
(12-05-2011, 04:00 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I hit 250k gold today.

But did you get a beta invitation?
(12-05-2011, 08:55 AM)LavCat Wrote:
(12-05-2011, 04:00 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I hit 250k gold today.

But did you get a beta invitation?

I lol'd in real life. And felt instantly bad about it.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.