Holy crap I am being hacked by China!
http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2011/02...cking.html

Quote:An unprecedented cyberattack on the Canadian government from China has given foreign hackers access to highly classified federal information, and forced at least two key departments off the internet, CBC News has learned.

Why would China hack Canada? All we have to offer is maple syrup and poutine. Maybe some valuable natural resources strewn about here and there.
Hi,

(02-17-2011, 04:52 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Why would China hack Canada?

In retaliation for the Israeli cyber attack on the Iranian centrifuges.

(No, I don't know what that means.)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(02-17-2011, 04:52 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Why would China hack Canada? All we have to offer is maple syrup and poutine.

They are taking their quest for Winter Olympic domination to a whole new level. Yes, that's right, they are looking for secret Canadian documents explaining the rules and tactics of curling. And they want a sample of Gretzky's DNA.
(02-17-2011, 04:52 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Why would China hack Canada? All we have to offer is maple syrup and poutine.

I'd go with the reason most often offered by my 2-yr old: "'cause... want to."

An amazing phrase offered as reason for every question from "why did you hit your brother in the back?" to "why did you dump your dinner on the floor?" and now "why did you hack Canadian government agencies' computer networks."

I would guess that the real reason is not to far off the "want to" reason: they probably wanted to have a poke around and see what they could find. They'll find something to do with the information after they figure out what it is. Regardless of what it is, someone somewhere will be willing to pay for it.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
(02-17-2011, 04:52 AM)DeeBye Wrote: http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2011/02...cking.html

Quote:An unprecedented cyberattack on the Canadian government from China has given foreign hackers access to highly classified federal information, and forced at least two key departments off the internet, CBC News has learned.

Why would China hack Canada? All we have to offer is maple syrup and poutine. Maybe some valuable natural resources strewn about here and there.

They're trying to figure out a counter to your awesome Bear Cavalry.
(02-17-2011, 04:52 AM)DeeBye Wrote: http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2011/02...cking.html

I think they are prospecting for your vast hidden treasure of WoW gold.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]