Poke-Archaeology-mon
Gotta solve em all!

Has anyone here solved every artifact? Since Christmas day, other than some rep dailies and profession leveling, all my WoW time has been spent flying around from dig site to dig site. I'm at 860 solves and I'm still missing 3 Tol'virs - Crawling Claw, Scimitar of the Sirocco, Staff of Ammunae - and the Troll rare - Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. How do I kick this darn habit? I want to solve all the artifacts. I pray they don't add more!

For those of you that have not started Archaeology, DON'T! It's ruined my life! I can transform into a dragon. I can ride a bug. I've got a pretty ring and a staff. I've even got a dolly. But, my life is in tatters! The pRNG haunts me. It hits me with a double whammy of site choice and artifact choice. It laughs at me.

Hello, my name is Lochnar and I'm an Archaeologist...
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I specifically have avoided archaeology because of this. Glad to know I was right... I might end up getting sucked in though as I don't have anything else to do...
Where were you a few months ago when I needed this warning? ;-D
[Image: 4456451BAREs.png]
(03-14-2011, 11:05 PM)mspixieriot Wrote: Where were you a few months ago when I needed this warning? ;-D

I was digging up artifacts. Big Grin

Another 80 or so solves and I'm still missing the same 4. I finally began work on my tailor since he has to get to 84 to open Twilight Highlands for the patterns. After that, back at it, but I think I've convinced myself to give up if I get to 1000 solves without being offered any of my last 4. Rolleyes
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Crossing my fingers for finding at least one of your last four! Although if you only find one by the time you're done that 1000, it's going to drag things out even longer... Wink
[Image: 4456451BAREs.png]
It is a nightmare! I don't have nearly the amount of solves you do but also have some pretty crazy stuff I can do with my dumb rares. The sword eludes me - by the time I find it, it won't be an upgrade any longer!
(03-22-2011, 05:38 PM)mspixieriot Wrote: Crossing my fingers for finding at least one of your last four! Although if you only find one by the time you're done that 1000, it's going to drag things out even longer... Wink

So true, I have about 25 to go for my deadline now and I'm almost afraid one will come up - what to do then? Big Grin

(03-22-2011, 06:01 PM)lorecraft Wrote: It is a nightmare! I don't have nearly the amount of solves you do but also have some pretty crazy stuff I can do with my dumb rares. The sword eludes me - by the time I find it, it won't be an upgrade any longer!

There are 2 swords, a one hander from Tol'Vir digs and a two hander from Troll digs, both in my 4 unsolved. Sad For the fun stuff, have you gotten the bug mount? I think that is my favorite, even over the real gear - staff, ring and trinket - although the dragon transformation was my original focus.

I think they now have a pretty good secondary profession in Archaeology, especially with the higher selling price on some of the commons - 425 for a ring and a couple 200s and 100s - and the reduced cooldown per dig. The only thing I would have them change is to allow you to blacklist races once you have solved every artifact. Right now it's like you have to fly back to Stormwind to fish up some mudfish(?) before you can get another pool in Twilight Highlands. I wouldn't even mind if they reduced the frequency they offered the elusive rares if you could concentrate on just the races you haven't completed.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(03-22-2011, 06:57 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: There are 2 swords, a one hander from Tol'Vir digs and a two hander from Troll digs, both in my 4 unsolved. Sad For the fun stuff, have you gotten the bug mount? I think that is my favorite, even over the real gear - staff, ring and trinket - although the dragon transformation was my original focus.

I think they now have a pretty good secondary profession in Archaeology, especially with the higher selling price on some of the commons - 425 for a ring and a couple 200s and 100s - and the reduced cooldown per dig. The only thing I would have them change is to allow you to blacklist races once you have solved every artifact. Right now it's like you have to fly back to Stormwind to fish up some mudfish(?) before you can get another pool in Twilight Highlands. I wouldn't even mind if they reduced the frequency they offered the elusive rares if you could concentrate on just the races you haven't completed.

Archaeology is not about truth, but facts.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
"Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth."

Just to pick nits. Wink
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(03-23-2011, 08:55 AM)Taelas Wrote: "Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth."

Just to pick nits. Wink

And that is why I did not use quotation marks (unlike in my signature).
Finally hit the 1000 solves mark! Still missing the same 4. Sad Enough is enough. I sure hope they don't add new artifacts in future patches. Rolleyes
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
They will -- they have said as much on more than one occasion.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(03-24-2011, 02:34 PM)Taelas Wrote: They will -- they have said as much on more than one occasion.

*sigh* Expect future updates... Big Grin
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Wow...glad i never got crazy about it....we just wont tell you when the update happens and you can pretend not to know.
I completely understand your compulsion Loch.

I'm 3 years into farming the Garr binding (I have seen Geddon's binding 4 times now... I even had a weird glitch where I had 2 at the same time, and thought I had a pair Sad )
I farmed Kara for 2 years solo for Attumen's mount.
I farmed MGT for ~9 months for the white chicken
I have farmed H:Sethekk for ~6 months and still no Raven
I have put 125 kills into skadi (both in groups and solo) and haven't even SEEN the blue proto.
I still buy eggs from the Oracles in hopes of getting the green proto.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(03-25-2011, 02:54 PM)shoju Wrote: I completely understand your compulsion Loch.

I'm 3 years into farming the Garr binding (I have seen Geddon's binding 4 times now... I even had a weird glitch where I had 2 at the same time, and thought I had a pair Sad )
I have put 125 kills into skadi (both in groups and solo) and haven't even SEEN the blue proto.

Wow! You're nuts! (says the Planter's wannabe Wink )
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Mounts are my only "obsession" really. From that spawned my love of reps, and mini pets, but when it comes down to it, mounts are where it is at for me. One of these days, I'm going to have to shell out the gold for a vial of the sands.

*Thunderfury started out as "Hey look I'm a paladin and can solo this!" Now, it's

Dear Garr,
Drop your binding,
Thanks, Shoju

and

Dear Garr,
You suck.
Shoju.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(03-25-2011, 02:54 PM)shoju Wrote: I completely understand your compulsion Loch.

We got the green drake quickly, but ask me about the time-lost one. Closest I have come is to watch someone looting it. Then there is the gray camel, which is the current project.
I have seen a dead TLPD 3 times. Made me cry a little. I haven't really bothered with that one, but once I max out Hellscream Rep in TB I'm going back to the tourney to finish up those mounts (I need the argent hyppogrpyh, the paladin mount, and 3 city 100 seal mounts).

I haven't seen either of the drake drop mounts in Cata dungeons yet, but once I get down to a point where I'm just working on drop mounts, I will start worrying about those. 105 mounts and counting...
(03-25-2011, 06:16 PM)shoju Wrote: I have seen a dead TLPD 3 times. Made me cry a little. I haven't really bothered with that one, but once I max out Hellscream Rep in TB I'm going back to the tourney to finish up those mounts (I need the argent hyppogrpyh, the paladin mount, and 3 city 100 seal mounts).

I haven't seen either of the drake drop mounts in Cata dungeons yet, but once I get down to a point where I'm just working on drop mounts, I will start worrying about those. 105 mounts and counting...

Then there was the time I skinned the TLPD.

Alas, I've never done any of the cataclysm dungeons. But this week Tribade got her netherdrakes. Several of my characters have them, but Tribade was up there mining, so I thought "Why not?"