The Old Republic
Hey hey kids!

Since it seems that I've totally fallen to the Dark Side of the Force and that I'm spending most of my time playing with you on the side of the Empire (but I'm still going to be a total wuss and play LS characters!), I've though I might as well create an account here and officially say hello.

Millantra (Sniper)
Kyrel (Bounty Hunter)

My main for now is my sniper, I'm in love with the cover mechanics, so cool!

See you in game!
(12-19-2011, 01:38 PM)BladeRnr Wrote: Hey hey kids!

Since it seems that I've totally fallen to the Dark Side of the Force and that I'm spending most of my time playing with you on the side of the Empire (but I'm still going to be a total wuss and play LS characters!), I've though I might as well create an account here and officially say hello.

Millantra (Sniper)
Kyrel (Bounty Hunter)

My main for now is my sniper, I'm in love with the cover mechanics, so cool!

See you in game!

You don't have to be completely LS, especially with the IA (Sniper/Op). Very easy to stay neutral as a lot of the moral choices still allow the killing, just more humanely... Wink

I've also been playing the Sniper a lot and working out the kinks for better DPS (and Frag says I'm already doing a lot as is... >.>). Not sure as yet if I'll stick with Sniper for main or still go with Sorcerer (since the Sorcerer plays like a Priest/Warlock hybrid from WoW and I loved both of those character classes there). But the Sniper really gets back to my roots (playing a Rogue in D1).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
On another server I've been playing Jedi Knight solo, and Consular w/ Pesmerga. My two biggest observations so far:

1) Slicing. Slicing. Slicing. Wow, slicing. It's been unnerfed.
2) Qyzen Affection -1. Qyzen Affection -1. Qyzen Affection -1. Go away lizard, do I really have to wait until Nar Shadaa for my second companion?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(12-19-2011, 06:30 PM)Quark Wrote: 2) Qyzen Affection -1. Qyzen Affection -1. Qyzen Affection -1. Go away lizard, do I really have to wait until Nar Shadaa for my second companion?

If this is happening too much at quest turn in times, just send them away on a crew mission prior to doing the turn in. What they do not see you doing does not seem to register for me on some of those times. Unless of course they come back prior to finishing the talk with the NPC.
(12-19-2011, 06:30 PM)Quark Wrote: Do I really have to wait until Nar Shadaa for my second companion?

Your second companion is the droid with your ship... >.> That would be your third companion on Nar Shaddaa... <.<
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

I have no clue how bad your lizzard is but the droid is worse. It has the most annoying voice ever.
(12-20-2011, 12:54 AM)Crushar Wrote: I have no clue how bad your lizzard is but the droid is worse. It has the most annoying voice ever.

Not to mention, it only SAYS one thing! ONE! Over and over and over. Vette hardly ever talks during a fight. Why does this robot have to speak every other footstep? Ugh. >.<
~Not all who wander are lost...~
(12-20-2011, 01:26 AM)Mirajj Wrote:
(12-20-2011, 12:54 AM)Crushar Wrote: I have no clue how bad your lizzard is but the droid is worse. It has the most annoying voice ever.

Not to mention, it only SAYS one thing! ONE! Over and over and over. Vette hardly ever talks during a fight. Why does this robot have to speak every other footstep? Ugh. >.<

Dodgy

You guys do realize who's doing the voice of the droid right?

I never said I did not hate C-3PO. Could never stand his voice
(12-20-2011, 03:16 AM)Crushar Wrote: I never said I did not hate C-3PO. Could never stand his voice

Yeah. At least C-3PO says different things (albeit stupid thing). I'm sure that if he just said the same thing over and over and over every couple of seconds, folks would hate him, too.

Leave him on the ship. He's more valuable running my Archeology errands. Wink
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Won't be on for a few weeks, if general postage is anything to go by i won't see my game copy arrive until January.
Still waiting on Skyrim which was sent on the 2nd and still hasn't arrived.
Going to be a lean Christmas.

Anyhoo, that's my problem, you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!

And i'll see you all asap.

Mist
(12-21-2011, 05:13 AM)mistique Wrote: Won't be on for a few weeks, if general postage is anything to go by i won't see my game copy arrive until January.
Still waiting on Skyrim which was sent on the 2nd and still hasn't arrived.
Going to be a lean Christmas.

Anyhoo, that's my problem, you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!

And i'll see you all asap.

Mist
Much sadness!! I'll leave my SI to level with you in the evenings when our times overlap, Mist.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
So what's the state of the game? This thread has been dead since before Christmas, which could go either way- no glowing praise, but no complaints either. Smile
I kind of dropped out in favor of Tribes: Ascend's closed beta for now.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
I'm having fun with my Imperial Agent, it's a bit of a hard one to describe, it's like a single player game with other people in it.
The quests are enjoyable, with the odd exception, but everything you do is building your character and expereince, which is very different to other mmo's.
There are a couple of bugs, but i havn't seen anything of much effect and they seem to be on top of it quickly.
I do like the space combat, even if it is a bit easy atm, low level stuff, but fun.

Long Live the Empire!!
Having fun with my smuggler. ^_^ The smuggler storyline just rocks so, so much. However I would suggest if you like guns but don't like insanely complicated play styles, go with the gunslinger and take cybertech. -_-
(01-05-2012, 03:35 PM)RTM Wrote: So what's the state of the game? This thread has been dead since before Christmas, which could go either way- no glowing praise, but no complaints either. Smile

I haven't played in quite some time because well I haven't been in my own home since Dec 29th and spent much of that week preparing for the various travel and job interviews and such and I won't be back till the 9th.

I still enjoy it. Biggest flaws exist in the UI and not being able to do much with it (it's better than WoW at release but it's not good, Heck Ryzom allowed you to at least move pretty much element around and that game was released in 2004). Again this is something that Rift spoiled me with as well as this was an area it had more polish at launch. That being said it's an average UI and if you have MMO experience it won't really hinder you. It just doesn't do anything to enhance the game.

PvP has actually been getting better for me as the game gets older, I've mentioned I liked it previously. It has a few mechanics that are interesting. The first is the bolster mechanic since there aren't brackets. Lower level toons simply get pumped up. There are a few ways this happens (based on how good your gear is for your level and level difference between highest and lowest level members of the teams). They also have Huttball which allows Imperial vs Imperial or Republic vs Republic matches so that on imbalanced servers queues never get really long (I think 5 minutes is the longest I've been in a queue and that was due to hardly anyone being online).

PvP is still easier for those at cap because of full skill compliment as well as gear that has PvP stats on it, that being said I still routinely kill L50's in warzone (battlegrounds) all the time even back when I was 16 (I'm 28 now). Haven't done any world PvP where bolster doesn't happen. Knowing how the anti chain CC mechanic works helps too.

The instances (flashpoints) are fairly well done, though while leveling it's becoming apparent that you don't need to be tank or heal spec to tank or heal them, just tank or heal capable. I'm OK with this too.

Leveling can be done quickly if you want (quite a few 50's out there already and a lot of them were not head start folks), slows down a fair bit if you are a completionist (as it's fairly easy to out level a zone), but is fairly good. I'm not sure what my /played is on the 28, but it's possible it's only in the 30-36 hour range and while PvP gets you xp it's not the fastest and I also tend to be a completionist so I've done a few quests after they went grey and get very little for finishing them.

Crafting has been better than other MMO's I play. It's very possible to gather all the mats you need as you are level to keep a production profession on par with your level (so you can make your own gear as you go without having to plan ahead) you can even make a bit of coin while leveling with a production profession without using the auction house. I like that mats are relatively easy to get, though I have run out of stuff I wanted to make what I wanted for armormech.

The guild is still fairly small (I think there are 7 active people most with multiple toons) and folks are leveling at different paces so those like me and Loch who prefer group content with guild members over PuGs don't do as much group content (though I still PuG stuff now and then or try to solo it just to see how 'tough' my toon is).

I'm not sold on any particular toon yet either. I'm leveling the sniper because that is what I played in my free weekend and I'm just continuing that toon. But I've had some fun with the other classes in their starter zones (though my Bounty Hunter is still only L2 and I haven't bothered to guild him yet)

I like the game better than WoW but I'm not sure how much that says since I liked Rift better than WoW and I've quit WoW due to game issues and real life issues that made it so I just couldn't justify paying per month in major version of the game.

I'd certainly like more folks that I know to play it, the single player experience is VASTLY better than any other MMO I've played and the group experience pre end game is at worst just as good as other MMO's.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The game is good, I think the season has just been very busy for all of us, and what little spare time we've had we've been spending leveling.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I've been playing this a good bit the last few weeks. Imperial Agent storyline is absolutely fantastic. So much so that I started a second agent and began a video series for him.

SW:TOR Imperial Agent Vids.

Absolutely Spoilerific, so view at your own risk.

The actual gameplay is no better than WoW and I've pretty much had my fill of hotkey MMOs. The fantastic storytelling is the only reason I will continue playing, so it will be interesting to see how fast they will be able to expand story content and if it will be enough for me to maintain a sub much after level cap.
Hi. Looks like most of this thread pertained to I assume a beta version. Now that the real game is going, how many are playing? Do we have a guild in SWTOR?