Profession Bag Error Error
My rogue is an herbalist and engineer. She has an engineering toolbox in the bank. She carries a bag for herbs. Frequently she tries to loot non-plant materials when her normal bags are full. The resulting error text is "Only engineering items can be put in there," or words to that effect.

I have not tried yet but I suspect I would see the same error trying to loot engineering items.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:My rogue is an herbalist and engineer. She has an engineering toolbox in the bank. She carries a bag for herbs. Frequently she tries to loot non-plant materials when her normal bags are full. The resulting error text is "Only engineering items can be put in there," or words to that effect.

I have not tried yet but I suspect I would see the same error trying to loot engineering items.

I get this error message too. I have just come to relate it too . . . "Your Bags are full". Although I am also an Engineer, so I am also curious to if this error is only an Engineer error, or the general error is as such.
Dianotosa 85 Druid
Kirayla 85 Hunter
Bubblegirl 85 Paladin
Linnara 85 Priest
Solasha 85 Warlock
Lucindia 82 Mage
Kirrily 81 Shaman
I have seen it with mining and enchanting bags.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I get a similar error with my shard bag, although it doesn't say anything about item type.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
I found out about this on my Priest a few days ago and posted it on Blizz's bug report forums. She's Eng/Inscription, with an Inscription bag, but always gets the Engineering message. It's weird because as I recall I also picked up Inscription first...