Any Basketball Fans out there in the Lounge?
I have kept pretty mum about my budding fandom of college basketball. I'm a numbers guy, I like stats, and enjoy making predictions based on the stats.

This year, I did the ESPN bracket Challenge, and filled out 3 brackets. The first two, I was sort of homerish (I live in Ohio). My third bracket, I really went by the numbers as close as I can, and put together a KILLER bracket.

I'm currently 242nd out of over 6 million people with my bracket.

Sadly, I'm mathematically eliminated from finishing in first, but I am happy with how I have fared.

Anyone else out there a fan?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I watch some of the tourney, and I keep up with Wisconsin (I went to high school with Bo Ryan's daughter and my Dad was pretty good friends with Bo while he was still coaching UW-Platteville). None of my brackets in the tourney challenge were any good this year, but I didn't spend a lot of time filling them out. I did have UConn in the finals in 3 of them, but I didn't actually have them winning. I did not take VCU/USC past the sweet 16 in any of them but I filled them all out before learning about the suspension at Purdue as well.

I knew Ohio State had a tough road to the finals but I still think they are the best team in the country, they just had a tough bracket where I wouldn't have been surprised by 1-4 making the final 4 from it.

I never liked the pro game, but yeah I do follow it a bit at the college level.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(04-05-2011, 12:06 AM)shoju Wrote: Anyone else out there a fan?

I used to follow the NBA some years ago....even though it is not very easy to see matches over here on non-payment TV channels....so I was mainly following it via internet.
Indeed basketball is a great game for statistics followers. A few years I played those fantasy basketball games on cnnsi.com. You had to buy and sell players and they made points for you when scoring, blocking etc.

O and I have met Rick Smits in 1997 in Indianapolis, talked for a few minutes with him, got some autographs and took some pictures.
No. I blame my hatred of basketball on having actually been on the 7th grade B-team. It was the first time I nearly blacked out due to (exhaustion induced) hypoglycemia. Yeah. I'm wired weird.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Well, I ended up 132nd out of 6 million people. Not bad I don't think. I'm not a big fan of the NBA, but I have sadly found I enjoy watching the Cavs play this year more than the previous 7. They suck. They are awful, but wow. Very rarely do they ever give up though. All in all though, the NBA doesn't hold my interest much. I'm more of an NFL type of guy anyways.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I've been a Spurs fan for several years. I generally go to a few games a year; I'd go more often, but I live a bit too far to make that convenient. It's exciting seeing the Spurs clinch 1st place in the Western Conference. They could get another championship under their belt. And of course I hate the Lakers and the Mavs. I enjoy Golden State ever since they beat the Mavs in a 1st round playoff series.

College ball I don't follow much at all.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]