y u no let me be member?
I was just trying to be a good member. I'm not a bot.

I just... Well I...
(04-27-2011, 07:36 PM)samusaran254 Wrote: I was just trying to be a good member. I'm not a bot.

I just... Well I...

It's never a good idea to try to circumvent a banning at a forum. But if you're not a bot it would be a good idea to learn more of what a forum is about before posting there so that you can add something of value to the discussion. In other words... LURK MOAR
(04-27-2011, 07:57 PM)Tal Wrote: It's never a good idea to try to circumvent a banning at a forum. But if you're not a bot it would be a good idea to learn more of what a forum is about before posting there so that you can add something of value to the discussion. In other words... LURK MOAR

If our friend spent enough time lurking to learn the ins and outs of every forum on their list, I think they'd be dead long before they got a post off.

Oh, wait, maybe that's the point. Rolleyes

-Jester
(04-27-2011, 07:57 PM)Tal Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 07:36 PM)samusaran254 Wrote: I was just trying to be a good member. I'm not a bot.

I just... Well I...

It's never a good idea to try to circumvent a banning at a forum. But if you're not a bot it would be a good idea to learn more of what a forum is about before posting there so that you can add something of value to the discussion. In other words... LURK MOAR

I only made a new account to protest the ban.
And I'm not going to step in to this because Bolty did the banning, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up perma-gone for stepping around Mr. Lurker.

More time Lurkering and reading, less time posting, makes Lurkers proud and happy members.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(04-27-2011, 08:19 PM)shoju Wrote: And I'm not going to step in to this because Bolty did the banning, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up perma-gone for stepping around Mr. Lurker.

More time Lurkering and reading, less time posting, makes Lurkers proud and happy members.

Hi,

I would like to know why the Ban. Was it because Sam is thought to be a bot or for the tasteless tity Avatar???

I don't think a bot can choose or place an Avatar. Sam does have good taste in music.

EDIT: Ban him, he's trouble!

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
This member struck me as being very odd.
1. Inappropriate avatar
2. A brand new member who has no connections of an perceivable sort with anyone here arranging a real life meet up. And setting the ground rules. And simultaneously inviting people from all sorts of other forums.
3. The poster doesn't appear to have any true understanding of what the lounge is all about.
4. The sailor moon thread was also posted on a whole bunch of other forums btw. I don't recall any orcs on Terenas dressed as a sailor moon.
5. Anyway, the Spurs-Grizzlies game is about to start. See y'all later.

Go Spurs!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(04-27-2011, 09:07 PM)Jim Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 08:19 PM)shoju Wrote: And I'm not going to step in to this because Bolty did the banning, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up perma-gone for stepping around Mr. Lurker.

Hi,

I would like to know why the Ban. Was it because Sam is thought to be a bot or for the tasteless tity Avatar???

I don't think a bot can choose or place an Avatar. Sam does have good taste in music.
Probably not Sam. I think his alias is based on Samus Aran, a female from Metroid. I stopped caring at "y u not...". For a person with his track record on numerous forums (and claiming to be running a bunch), he should know enough to PM the admin and not rejoin to publicly challenge/protest and then do so with such a lame post. Anyway, my gut says shenanigans, and it did along time ago.

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(04-28-2011, 01:32 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 09:07 PM)Jim Wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know why the Ban. Was it because Sam is thought to be a bot or for the tasteless tity Avatar???[/s[

[s]I don't think a bot can choose or place an Avatar. Sam does have good taste in music.

Probably not Sam. I think his alias is based on Samus Aran, a female from Metroid. I stopped caring at "y u not...". For a person with his track record on numerous forums (and claiming to be running a bunch), he should know enough to PM the admin and not rejoin to publicly challenge/protest and then do so with such a lame post. Anyway, my gut says shenanigans, and it did along time ago.

Hi,

Ban him he is trouble...

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Thumbs Up 
I am the one who requested this "thing" be banned. I appreciate the consideration and action that my request received. I may not have been the only one who asked for it, but I'm surely glad I got it.

No more squirty milk tits.

Thank you, Administrators!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
You could have just asked me to change my avatar you know.
Hi,

(04-29-2011, 05:53 PM)samusaran254 Wrote: You could have just asked me to change my avatar you know.

Wouldn't have been necessary if you'd considered that, just maybe, lurking for a while before joining something called the Lurker Lounge might be a good idea. Do you, in real life, simply walk into a room of strangers and start spouting off stuff in a loud voice? If yes, you really don't belong here. If no, then why do you think it would be acceptable here?

"I think you're in the wrong place my friend; you'd better leave."

"Now, where's this Eskimo I gotta kill?"

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I'm curious, how did you find out about this site? What made you decide to become a member in the first place? Or was it just a random pick from a list of available forums you had not registered for at the time?

I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon criticizing your actions because when I first came to this forums, on the surface it seemed like we had nothing in common, but after some time I think we all understood each other. However, did you ever stop to think how our actions might be portrayed? Posting the same @#$% on tons of forums... if that doesn't say bot, that at least says to me that you don't really value the voice of any of the actual members of a forum, and instead just like the attention of being heard. Tip: Keep your posts concise and to the point, but most importantly, relevant to the forum your attempting to get information on. You should get better responses following that advise. And try to write like an intelligent person, not like your texting please!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(04-29-2011, 09:03 PM)MEAT Wrote: I'm curious, how did you find out about this site? What made you decide to become a member in the first place? Or was it just a random pick from a list of available forums you had not registered for at the time?

I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon criticizing your actions because when I first came to this forums, on the surface it seemed like we had nothing in common, but after some time I think we all understood each other. However, did you ever stop to think how our actions might be portrayed? Posting the same @#$% on tons of forums... if that doesn't say bot, that at least says to me that you don't really value the voice of any of the actual members of a forum, and instead just like the attention of being heard. Tip: Keep your posts concise and to the point, but most importantly, relevant to the forum your attempting to get information on. You should get better responses following that advise. And try to write like an intelligent person, not like your texting please!
To be honest, I was looking for a Blizzard Entertainment related forum to join, since I've been a huge fan of Blizzard since I was like 11.
IP ban engaged, since you apparently don't get it. Hint: posting the same generic messages to 30+ forums does not befriend you to them. You don't belong here, go elsewhere.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.