A pun is cited for heroism in battle.
The pun is mightier than the sword.

Quote:"A Gurkha soldier who single-handedly fought off an attack on his base by up to 30 Taliban insurgents is among several British service personnel being honoured for their outstanding bravery.

Acting Sergeant Dipprasad Pun, 31, exhausted all his ammunition and at one point had to use the tripod of his machine gun to beat away a militant climbing the walls of the compound. He is awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross."
click
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(06-04-2011, 05:01 PM)Alram Wrote: The pun is mightier than the sword.
Have ya' seen the knives that Ghurkas use? Wink

Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Hi,

Smile

(06-04-2011, 05:01 PM)Alram Wrote:
Quote:"A Gurkha soldier ..."

Glad to see the Gurkha's are keeping up their tradition.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi,

(06-04-2011, 05:41 PM)Rhydderch Hael Wrote:
(06-04-2011, 05:01 PM)Alram Wrote: The pun is mightier than the sword.
Have ya' seen the knives that Ghurkas use? Wink

I've had the pleasure of meeting a Gurkha, he was the head of security at an accelerator in BC. During the long nighttime beam runs, we had the chance to talk. Forget the knife, if that man was my enemy, I'd fear him unarmed. He was quiet, he was modest, he was friendly. And he exuded competence. I can't tell you why, but he struck me as the most dangerous person I've ever met (as in "There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous men.")

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

"If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha." -- Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(06-04-2011, 08:42 PM)kandrathe Wrote: "If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha." -- Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw

Kind of became a self-fulfilling prophecy, really. A particularly militaristic group gets singled out by the British as the ultimate "martial race," and their entire culture gets absorbed as the elite of the British military machine. Specialization at an epic level.

-Jester