Game news sites
For someone who loves video games - who, in fact, needs video games to maintain his sanity - I am horribly out of touch about what is coming down the pipe. Some other discussions here have pointed me to stuff I want ASAP, if not yesterday. However, they were just fortunate trains of thought. The LL is my only daily must check and is not actually a game news site anyway. Thus my question and reason for this thread.

If you could read only one game news site a day, your daily must read, what would it be? My primary interest would be PC gaming, of all ilks, but console gaming would be a plus in case I would ever decide a console was a must have again (last console generation for me was the SNES and Genesis, unless you count the Amiga line as consoles Wink ).

Your input will be considered and appreciated and may influence this old fart daily for years to come! Heart Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(08-23-2011, 03:06 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: If you could read only one game news site a day, your daily must read, what would it be? My primary interest would be PC gaming, of all ilks, but console gaming would be a plus in case I would ever decide a console was a must have again (last console generation for me was the SNES and Genesis, unless you count the Amiga line as consoles Wink ).

Your input will be considered and appreciated and may influence this old fart daily for years to come! Heart Wink

Giant Bomb. Simply for their Quick Play video section.

Other than that I don't bother with many video game news sites. I will occassionally listen to a gaming podcast such as the Bombcast (by the Giant Bomb guys) or Rebel FM (by a mix of guys presently working at IGN as well as from the now defunct 1up Show.)
Only gaming site I have ever used is Gameinformer if you care about consoles. Granted they do tend to talk about big PC gmae annoucements.
Stay away from http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/
I used to visit firingsquad for games. In the last decade firingsquad has gone down hill and become essentially useless for me. Now it's just the lounge for game news.

But then again my games don't change that often. I just refreshed all my D2 accounts.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
You could just wire up a wireless gaming receiver and an xbox 360 controller and play Project64 N64 emulations all day long instead! Who needs new-age games when you got nostalgia? I just got my wireless gaming receiver for windows in the mail today and have been happily playing bomberman64, mariokart64, mario party 2, and many other classics. Honestly, they just don't make them like they used to!

But if you insist on reading current gaming news, I have a subscription to Game Informer that I find - pardon the pun - quite informing at times. Another thumbs up for them, although I was not aware of many games people here at the LL were recommending so Sad , I guess I could use a good site myself!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I've been reading Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
I usee Bluesnews, Shacknews and HardOCP. They all have their different focuses. Bluesnews or Shacknews sounds like what you're after.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.