Torchlight 2 - Price Announcement
The price of Torchlight 2 has officially been announced at $19.99

This pretty much puts this as a guaranteed buy for me. At the same price I paid for the first one this is a no brainer.
(08-28-2011, 01:23 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: The price of Torchlight 2 has officially been announced at $19.99

This pretty much puts this as a guaranteed buy for me. At the same price I paid for the first one this is a no brainer.

Guess that was for the US only... obviously in Australia we still pay double that Sad
(01-29-2014, 05:19 AM)DilenSey Wrote:
(08-28-2011, 01:23 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: The price of Torchlight 2 has officially been announced at $19.99

Guess that was for the US only... obviously in Australia we still pay double that Sad

No. Here in Australia we pay the exact same price - 19.99 USD.

P.S. This thread is 2 1/2 years old.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
He is a bot.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Just out of curiosity, is Torchlight 2 still worth getting, at this late date?

Have heard some good things about it.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(02-07-2014, 03:48 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Just out of curiosity, is Torchlight 2 still worth getting, at this late date?

It's a lot of fun, especially if you can find someone to co-op with. I liked it a lot. I wouldn't buy it at regular price right now, but if you wait a bit Steam will surely have it on sale for less than $10. I'm pretty sure I've seen it for $5 during one of their recent sales.
Thanks, I am thinking of putting together myself, my nephew, my brother, and my son in a once a week game. Some of the ones we have found don't fit all three of us, but from what I read this is a "beer and pretzels" game.

Will float this by the group.
In Memory of Pete
It's definitely a beer and pretzels game. Might even be a beer and wings game.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(02-07-2014, 03:48 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Just out of curiosity, is Torchlight 2 still worth getting, at this late date?

Yes, but just be wary of the gamebreaking embermage skill (prismatic spray?). Far easier than any other setup. I took that as my first char, it ruins the passion to play other chars.
In necrospect, LennyLen's response to the botsy propagator, still links to the waxker box dot netz. I'd feel better if it we're edited out.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(03-01-2014, 04:52 AM)whyBish Wrote:

Yes, but just be wary of the gamebreaking embermage skill (prismatic spray?). Far easier than any other setup. I took that as my first char, it ruins the passion to play other chars.
There's a name I haven't seen on a PC screen in a while.

Hope all is well at your end of the world.

Have ordered Reaper of Souls, the Torchlight proj is on HOLD until nephew finishes soph year in college this spring.
In Memory of Pete
(03-02-2014, 12:59 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 04:52 AM)whyBish Wrote:

There's a name I haven't seen on a PC screen in a while.

Hope all is well at your end of the world.

Have ordered Reaper of Souls, the Torchlight proj is on HOLD until nephew finishes soph year in college this spring.
Yes all is fine here, but now in Brisbane rather than NZ. I like the Brisbanite complaints about the overnight winter temperatures getting below double digits (celsius) :p
(03-03-2014, 07:20 AM)whyBish Wrote: I like the Brisbanite complaints about the overnight winter temperatures getting below double digits (celsius) :p

I laughed at people all through my first winter here in Melbourne after moving from Christchurch when they'd complain about how freezing it was when it was still well above 0.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(03-03-2014, 02:41 PM)LennyLen Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 07:20 AM)whyBish Wrote: I like the Brisbanite complaints about the overnight winter temperatures getting below double digits (celsius) :p

I laughed at people all through my first winter here in Melbourne after moving from Christchurch when they'd complain about how freezing it was when it was still well above 0.
Cold you say? That is us in the Midwest US and Canada glaring at you. I heard reference during the Socci games that it was warmer in Socci, than it was in Florida.
[Image: JamesSchlaferWinterWalk640.jpg]
Minnesotan in his Canadian Burka -- exposed skin = frostbite.

[Image: cold-temperatures-thermometer-generic.jpg]
Notice that it goes lower... In a typical winter, there is a week or maybe two where the temps dip into the subzero (F). This year has been that way mostly since the beginning of December.

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW BADLY I WANT SPRING!!!11!@1111

:: Sorry, I'm off topic. Yes, Torchlight 2 is a great game to huddle around to keep warm.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(03-03-2014, 04:41 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Cold you say? That is us in the Midwest US and Canada glaring at you.

I echo that glare. Right now it's -21°C. When I went to work this morning it was even colder.
[Image: 1a84ff1a9528a968a23f1e87542928dc4378ad36...6516a1.jpg]
Yeah, I hate the summer, the office aircon is a freezing 19C.
Why waste the sunlight.