What type of gaming website is this?
If just GAMES in general, then perhaps consolidate all games into one forum and add:

Torchlight 2 (lots of lurkers have an interest in this!)
Path of Exile (the closest thing to the spirit of Diablo I have ever seen)

OR

If this is just a Diabo website, then there is a lot more that could be done to the forums, don't you think? I'm not sure if your goal is just to keep the Lounge up for old timers to mess around on, to market the Lounge to a broader group, or perhaps you are undecided at this point and want to see what the LL members want after these games are released.

I'd prefer you do something more akin to my first suggestion and include a forum for TL2 and PoE, but I don't know how anyone else feels about this. The PoE forums are insane right now... you make a post and it's burried in the forums within the hour. It would be nice to have another place to talk about PoE that wasn't on their official forums. Anyways, just a thought.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
This is a gaming website?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
You're assuming I have a clue about what to do with this website.

I don't. It just kind of...runs. I think "to keep the Lounge up for old timers to mess around on" sums it up perfectly. A bunch of people bothered me to finally put up a D3 forum, so I did. If there's heavy interest in other games, I'll put a forum up for them, too. But I hate dead forums. Have you noticed the Diablo I forum gets more activity than the Diablo II forum? Yowsa.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I demand a Windows Solitaire forum, for all my Windows Solitaire needs.
(09-02-2011, 01:02 AM)Bolty Wrote: Have you noticed the Diablo I forum gets more activity than the Diablo II forum?

That's not from lack of interest from the internet, I can assure you. For whatever reason, D2 is dead here at the Lounge only. On that end, I'm really surprised Lurkers didn't get more into Mods, especially Median XL for D2 - it's an entirely new game and honestly does not even feel like your playing D2 at all. Oh well.

I can see your point. Once the holidays pass and these titles (D3, TL2, PoE) are released, that will be a true test of whats popular, and whats a fad.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Heart 
(09-02-2011, 01:02 AM)Bolty Wrote: You're assuming I have a clue about what to do with this website.

I don't. It just kind of...runs. I think "to keep the Lounge up for old timers to mess around on" sums it up perfectly. A bunch of people bothered me to finally put up a D3 forum, so I did. If there's heavy interest in other games, I'll put a forum up for them, too. But I hate dead forums. Have you noticed the Diablo I forum gets more activity than the Diablo II forum? Yowsa.

Bolty, this may be the best post ever! Just sayin'.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(09-02-2011, 01:02 AM)Bolty Wrote: You're assuming I have a clue about what to do with this website.

yeah he has no clue what to do with the club house, we're all old gamers that sorta just like to play and enjoy each others company and sit back and have fun and kicking butt..

but in all serious bolty doesn't run it "persay" we all seen the gnomes he has locked up in the basement of this website making sure he never has to deal with the problems that arise.
only thing he responsible is to make sure we have fun and to keep the gnomes alive so we can talk to each and share information that we find out about the games we all enjoy!!
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
(09-04-2011, 06:21 PM)Taem Wrote:
(09-02-2011, 01:02 AM)Bolty Wrote: Have you noticed the Diablo I forum gets more activity than the Diablo II forum?

That's not from lack of interest from the internet, I can assure you. For whatever reason, D2 is dead here at the Lounge only. On that end, I'm really surprised Lurkers didn't get more into Mods, especially Median XL for D2 - it's an entirely new game and honestly does not even feel like your playing D2 at all. Oh well.

I can see your point. Once the holidays pass and these titles (D3, TL2, PoE) are released, that will be a true test of whats popular, and whats a fad.

So is there any interest here for PoE?
I started playing the beta and it indeed looks very much like diablo2. I like it.
(11-17-2011, 01:16 PM)eppie Wrote:

I started playing the beta and it indeed looks very much like diablo2. I like it.

I've been playing the beta off and on. They just did another patch a couple days ago so I've been looking at some of the changes. It is fun, but has a way to go. I've also been watching Grim Dawn. If those 2 and D3 would release, I could lay in a good stock of turkey meat sticks, Diet Sunkist Lemonade and Depends and close the door and tell the world to go away.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(11-17-2011, 05:17 PM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(11-17-2011, 01:16 PM)eppie Wrote:

I've been playing the beta off and on. They just did another patch a couple days ago so I've been looking at some of the changes. It is fun, but has a way to go. I've also been watching Grim Dawn. If those 2 and D3 would release, I could lay in a good stock of turkey meat sticks, Diet Sunkist Lemonade and Depends and close the door and tell the world to go away.

i assure you wouldn't be the only one to tell the world to go away, but how would i tell the w.i.f.e to leave me alone and the daughter that i love so dear that she her self would want to play and annoy me to no ends to be able to play{yes, yes i joke we have 2 computers. but i wanna play d3 alone for the time being... so that i don't get certain person shooting bola at me , my wife loves the dm atm
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]