Was the Haiti quake cause by "Earthquake Weapons"?
According to Pravda, the Russian navy claims it was.

Haiti: The U.S. Created the Earthquake in Haiti?

Hugo Chavez, believes it.

What percentage of the left wing nuts will believe this is true? Eppie?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:According to Pravda, the Russian navy claims it was.

I don't know, the same percentage as the right wing nuts that will take this and automatically use it as a political weapon out of any and all context. Kandrathe?
What kind of discussion exactly are you hoping to start here?

-Jester
Hi,

Quote:According to Pravda, . . .
"There is no news in Pravda and no truth in Izvestiya"

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

What does this have to do with the left?
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:I don't know, the same percentage as the right wing nuts that will take this and automatically use it as a political weapon out of any and all context. Kandrathe?
I've provided the context I could find, and I believe I've researched it to the source of what I consider outrageous disinformation, and anti-US propaganda. It appears to have sucked in at least one true believer in Mr. Chavez, probably the rest of the worlds anti-US dictator crowd, and I can only assume that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will buy in and react outrageously as well. I'm just wondering how deeply this barbed hook of a lie is set.

How would you feel if your nation was accused of capriciously killing over 230,000 innocent people?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

I don't know.

While we've getting worked up about cheap shots, how would you feel if your nation was invaded on the pretense that it had WMDs and was responsible for 9/11?
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Quote:I don't know.

While we've getting worked up about cheap shots, how would you feel if your nation was invaded on the pretense that it had WMDs and was responsible for 9/11?
According to 911 truther's, that's about right.

Seriously though, I guess that would depend on whether I was part of the privileged Tikrit mob, a Kurdish survivor of a chemical weapon attack, or had a relative from Basra who disappeared one day and ended up in a mass grave outside a secret torture prison.

Quote:According to the report, it is "more than likely" that the U.S. Navy had "full knowledge" of the catastrophic damage that this test earthquake could potentially have on Haiti and had pre-positioned its Deputy Commander of the Southern Command, General PK Keen, on the island to oversee aid work if needed.

Mr. PK was just doing his job, I'm sure.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:I've provided the context I could find, and I believe I've researched it to the source of what I consider outrageous disinformation, and anti-US propaganda.
It's Pravda. And Hugo Chavez. Do you seriously freak out about every time they make up crazy stuff about the US? Because that would mean freaking out at least three times before breakfast.

There is nothing to discuss here. The conspiracy theory is loopy. Its proponents are well-known cranks. This thread has already degenerated into garbage, and we're not even ten posts in.

This is trolling.

-Jester
Quote:I've provided the context I could find, and I believe I've researched it to the source of what I consider outrageous disinformation, and anti-US propaganda. It appears to have sucked in at least one true believer in Mr. Chavez, probably the rest of the worlds anti-US dictator crowd, and I can only assume that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will buy in and react outrageously as well. I'm just wondering how deeply this barbed hook of a lie is set.

How would you feel if your nation was accused of capriciously killing over 230,000 innocent people?

To quote Delc: "What does this have to do with the left?"

Or to paraphrase: "What does this have to do with the American left (or the American perception of the left.)?"

You've got some great examples of how other nations who can benefit themselves by knocking on America will grab onto this, or any other story they can use to stir up anti-American sentiment. Then you throw all that context out the window so you can make a political jab against your oh-so-hated "Left".
No. I am truly concerned about the geopolitical consequences. I truly don't know how believable this obvious deception may be in the streets of Venezuela, or on the Arab street. You always assume that everyone is a brilliant as you are and can see through this crap. I'm always surprised by how many of the lies actually stick.

You don't think its possible that if this is spread as truth that in some near future, a simple tremor in northern Iran may be the trigger that launches a battery of nuclear tipped Shahab-6 missiles toward western interests within Tehran's strike range?

Quote:To quote Delc: "What does this have to do with the left?"

Or to paraphrase: "What does this have to do with the American left (or the American perception of the left.)?"

You've got some great examples of how other nations who can benefit themselves by knocking on America will grab onto this, or any other story they can use to stir up anti-American sentiment. Then you throw all that context out the window so you can make a political jab against your oh-so-hated "Left".
I'm not jabbing at the American left. No, this time I was asking the only person who I think might support Castro, and Chavez. The American left is working on figuring out how to use the tragedy in Austin for political hay. I predict you may hear more about this in the next few weeks. Google HAARP and Haiti on the same line.

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/3944.htm

Quote:No. I am truly concerned about the geopolitical consequences. I truly don't know how believable this obvious deception may be in the streets of Venezuela, or on the Arab street. You always assume that everyone is a brilliant as you are and can see through this crap. I'm always surprised by how many of the lies actually stick.
And we are going to do what? Speculate about Venezuelan culture? Start a "the more you know" campaign here on the lounge, directed at the Middle East? *There is nothing to discuss here*.

Quote:You don't think its possible that if this is spread as truth that in some near future, a simple tremor in northern Iran may be the trigger that launches a battery of nuclear tipped Shahab-6 missiles toward western interests within Tehran's strike range?
Iran has earthquakes all the time. It's a major geological hotspot. You're really suggesting that they're going to forget the geology of their own country, and assume that some minor tremor is actually a US superweapon at work? And then suicidally deploy nuclear weapons against the west, sealing the fate of their entire country to die by nuclear fire in retaliation?

Yeah, this is going to be a productive conversation. I can tell already.

-Jester
Quote:You're really suggesting that they're going to forget the geology of their own country, and assume that some minor tremor is actually a US superweapon at work? And then suicidally deploy nuclear weapons against the west, sealing the fate of their entire country to die by nuclear fire in retaliation?
Perhaps, not nuclear suicide, no. But, certainly to direct the passions of those gullible enough to eat the propaganda cake. And, to what end? Exporting more terror and anti-western, anti-American jihad.

Quote:Perhaps, not nuclear suicide, no. But, certainly to direct the passions of those gullible enough to eat the propaganda cake. And, to what end? Exporting more terror and anti-western, anti-American jihad.
Got it. Crazy people = bad. Jihad = bad. Conspiracy theories = bad. Propaganda = bad.

For the last time, is there actually a topic to discuss here? Or is this supposed to be the Free Republic, where we post scary links about people we don't like, and all nod our heads and post "heh, indeedy" while feeling the warm glow of patriotic solidarity?

-Jester
Quote:For the last time, is there actually a topic to discuss here?
Sure. HAARP, Tesla, and moonbats. http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-409531
CBC investigative report on HAARP <blockquote>"This really should have been quite obvious to any researcher or author if they had simply read any of Tesla's work concerning his wireless — even without the bold statements of this 1919 article, but, alas, due the popularity of Tesla, and the recently published books and videos about HAARP, this bogus association between Tesla and HAARP has become "matter of fact" to the misled and uninformed. "</blockquote>

Hi,

Quote:For the last time, is there actually a topic to discuss here?
Yep. The topic to discuss is the sound of one hand clapping. Or that it takes two to tango. Or how to starve sub-bridge residents.

Like the cop said, "Move along, nothing here to see." :whistling:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Like the cop said, "Move along, nothing here to see." :whistling:

NO!

This is the best thread. Keep it coming.
Quote:According to Pravda, the Russian navy claims it was.

Go...........