Here's a job description that makes you want to work there
Candidate will have >3.0 gpa, excellent Word and Excel skills, and be willing to work hard with eager humility, assertive inquisitiveness and quiet suffering.

I wonder if the "quiet suffering" means no pay, bad boss, crappy working conditions, or all of the above.
Quote:Candidate will have >3.0 gpa, excellent Word and Excel skills, and be willing to work hard with eager humility, assertive inquisitiveness and quiet suffering.

I wonder if the "quiet suffering" means no pay, bad boss, crappy working conditions, or all of the above.
I wonder if the job description was written by the former employee as they turned in their resignation! Yeah, that ad screams, "DO NOT WORK HERE!".

Let's see;

>3.0 GPA -- Super intelligent -- Check
Excellent Word and Excel skills -- Check
Eager Humility -- "Go get em scum of the earth!" -- Uncheck!
Assertive Inquisitiveness -- "Will we get any more coal this month Mr. Scrooge, Sir?" -- Uncheck!
Quiet Suffering -- "We know your life sucks, so you don't need to tell us." -- Uncheck!

I guess misery does like company!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hehe... kinda like the guy who runs the law firm I'm considering working for. He offers no vacation time for first year, no 401K for first year, no benefits of any kind for first 3+ months. He also believes that people in general are pretty much looking to get as much as they can for as little input as they can. The office is an older home, with cracks, leaks, etc. In a was kinda surprised that he didn't move it to one of the newer office buildings in town.

Quote:I wonder if the job description was written by the former employee as they turned in their resignation! Yeah, that ad screams, "DO NOT WORK HERE!".

Let's see;

>3.0 GPA -- Super intelligent -- Check
Excellent Word and Excel skills -- Check
Eager Humility -- "Go get em scum of the earth!" -- Uncheck!
Assertive Inquisitiveness -- "Will we get any more coal this month Mr. Scrooge, Sir?" -- Uncheck!
Quiet Suffering -- "We know your life sucks, so you don't need to tell us." -- Uncheck!

I guess misery does like company!
Quote:... assertive inquisitiveness and quiet suffering. ...
How can you suffer quietly and assert your inquisitions at the same time? "Don't object, but ask 'why is it...' a lot, okay?"

If you can't say what you mean, you can't mean what you say. (Don't quote me on that, because Google will only get you a picture of a guy with a really out-of-this-world hairdo. Damned Centauri fashion sense.)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:How can you suffer quietly and assert your inquisitions at the same time? "Don't object, but ask 'why is it...' a lot, okay?"

If you can't say what you mean, you can't mean what you say. (Don't quote me on that, because Google will only get you a picture of a guy with a really out-of-this-world hairdo. Damned Centauri fashion sense.)

My guess would be that they are looking for someone who will keep quiet regarding working conditions, but ask good questions on active project work.

Where was this posting found? If they have childcare I might be interested...
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:Candidate will have >3.0 gpa, excellent Word and Excel skills, and be willing to work hard with eager humility, assertive inquisitiveness and quiet suffering.

You think that job is bad? At least they refrain from tying you up in the basement (link).
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Eh... it's Saudi Arabia... what would one expect:P She got lucky that the judgment against her actually got overturned.
Quote:Eh... it's Saudi Arabia... what would one expect:P She got lucky that the judgment against her actually got overturned.
Yeah, and in recompense for her ordeal she got a minimal amount. Not much consolation for being imprisoned, tortured, lost body parts and near starvation, but then again this should be a chilling advertisement for third world domestics (or anyone really) seeking employment in Islamic nations. She might have enough to pay for airfare back home.

"In a perversion of justice, Nour Miyati also had to defend herself against allegations of changing her testimony. A Saudi court convicted her of making false accusations against her employers in late 2005 and sentenced her to 79 lashes, a ruling overturned in April 2006. Human Rights Watch has conducted research in Saudi Arabia showing that many domestic workers risk spurious counter-accusations of theft, witchcraft, and adultery if they try to bring charges of abuse against their employers." HRW Link

(12-14-2011, 07:40 PM)herrymont Wrote: A bit like the guy running the law firm, I consider the work. The first year he provided no vacation time, no 401K the first year of the first three months of no benefit either. He also believes that in general people are very much like to get input as little as possible, because they can, because they can. The office is an old-fashioned family and cracks, leaks, etc., one is a bit surprised, he did not move it to one of the new office building in the town.
Your real name wouldn't be Tom Cratchit?

(12-14-2011, 08:17 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(12-14-2011, 07:40 PM)herrymont Wrote: A bit like the guy running the law firm, I consider the work. The first year he provided no vacation time, no 401K the first year of the first three months of no benefit either. He also believes that in general people are very much like to get input as little as possible, because they can, because they can. The office is an old-fashioned family and cracks, leaks, etc., one is a bit surprised, he did not move it to one of the new office building in the town.
Your real name wouldn't be Tom Cratchit?

Nah, his real name is spammer.

--Mav
How did you find my job description?
I wonder if the job's still open?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."