Drakensang Online
Drakensang is a browser MMO that is currently in open beta and has a Diablo feel to it. It is currently free to play and has an item mall. If you are bored give it a spin!

http://www.drakensang-online.com/

(almost forgot to add a link!)
(12-12-2011, 09:31 AM)Xiuhcoatl Wrote: Drakensang is a browser MMO that is currently in open beta and has a Diablo feel to it. It is currently free to play and has an item mall. If you are bored give it a spin!

http://www.drakensang-online.com/

(almost forgot to add a link!)

Took a look and have played a little. It's fun so far. I like the graphics and the D2 feel. I haven't looked into whether it is free to play because it is beta or it will always be free with their income based on the sale of various currency and tokens. I've already seen a place to buy a currency called andermant. Some vendors take that. It does come as a reward for quests but I'm not sure if you'll be able to get enough for general needs. Other vendors take coin that drops off monsters, your standard gold, silver, copper. There is also another type of token you can buy which unlocks some dungeons, at least. The first dungeon you run into is a group run that requires one of these tokens. There is, however, a quest that will award one so that you don't have to pay for that first one anyway.

It is worth a look see. I would recommend a good connection, though, as it doesn't actually install.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
So far, I have gotten one of each class to level 14. You can only have one toon per server and the only reason I have two is because the server I was on was down for extended maintenance. The mini-map sometimes bugs out in areas with varying elevations, such as dungeons. Aside from that and a few pathing problems the game is entertaining.

Here are a few tips that will help maximize your resources (in no particular order):

1. Save your andermant; this is an extremely rare resource. I suggest saving it to purchase a larger backpack, especially if you are a mana user.

2. Do not identify items that are less than blue quality (the order of enchanted items from worst to best that I have seen thus far is green, blue, purple, gold). The resource required to identify items is sparse and the cost goes up by item level/quality. In the second town, Kingshill, you will have the option to upgrade same-tier enchanted items for free (4 green items = 1 blue item; 4 blues = 1 purple). Save your identify tokens for those items.

3.There are "free" dungeons in each zone that can be solo'ed. Skip the (multiplayer) dungeons that require tokens especially if you have a bad connection. It has been reported that if you die or lag out you cannot access that dungeon without paying admission again (if you die you can buy/use the special resurrection feature). Dungeons reset after a 5 minute absence - this means if you take too long running back or if you entered another level and have been away for more than 5 minutes, previous levels that you visited will be restocked.

4. To expedite trips to vendors, die and respawn (use the free "rez" option). There are teleporters inside the entrances to some dungeons so you can port back instead of dying; just be aware that if you try to port to an area outside your current zone the toll will be in andermant rather than (copper/silver) coins.

5. The most efficient (less inventory management) class to play is the dragon knight. This character does not require precious bag space for mana potions.

6. Item values do not seem to degrade with use. Although item repairs at low levels seem reasonable, replace and vendor your used gear whenever possible and repair everything that you can't replace at the smith. Items with zero durability turn red but do not vanish.

Mrgl, no Mac support Sad.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
This thing is really sucking me in (partly because I haven't got my SWTOR early invite yet, I suppose). Had I any of my extremely limited disposable income that wasn't already earmarked for disposal, I think I would have already had my credit card out to buy some currency. I am to the point where I would pay at least the same as I did for Torchlight and that would get me enough currency to buy more storage, the big pain right now.

Again, if you're looking for something fun, in the Diablo 1/2 vein, give this a try, just don't waste andermant early on. The previous tips are very good for getting going.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."