Tell me about your crappy first car!
(11-16-2011, 02:59 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Who the hell trims a bush that way anyhow? Is that flattop a preferable look to something more round and organic?

I tried something similar a few years ago: our home owners association gave us a citation because the bushes in front of our house exceeded the height limit set by the bylawsDodgy.

So in frustration, I got out the electric trimmer and cut the tops off of all three bushes at the 36" height limit. Because they had not been trimmed in so long, I ended up cutting off all the greenery and was left with 3' tall sticks rather than shrubs. Unfortunately my grand move to stick it to the self-styled overlords for their grasping uterly failed: the damn bushes filled in within the season, and looked half decent.

Perhaps the shrubery in the picture is carved in a style of enduring rebellion: demonstrating the proper shape of the lower portion of the shrub and leading the observer to wonder what ridiculous piece of unecessary oversight has caused the loss of the upper half.

Or maybe the owner just likes the look. How would I know?
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
(11-16-2011, 01:23 PM)Maitre Wrote: Or maybe the owner just likes the look. How would I know?

Indeed. There are a Brazilian possibilities.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(11-16-2011, 03:01 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Indeed. There are a Brazilian possibilities.

You are starting to wax poetic on this.
(11-17-2011, 03:16 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 03:01 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Indeed. There are a Brazilian possibilities.

You are starting to wax poetic on this.

I guess you start rubbing off o...

Actually, I don't want to go there. But I already did, didn't I?

Being me is ever so strange. I think.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.