I need help with a good MoG Set.
So, I was pretty excited when I stitched my current mog together. I thought "WOW! This will be UNIQUE! and DIFFERENT!"

Turns out? Not so much. It seems everyone thought that the coolest shoulders for a Death Knight were the Wrathful Gladiator or Brutal Gladiator Shoulder models. Turns out, a lot of Death Knights used the kilt from the start model as well.

Now, I'm not trying to be "a pretty unique snowflake" but on the other hand, One of the things I like about Transmogrification, is that I don't have to look like everyone else. So now, here I am trying to find a new way to look. Gear sets that are out.

1.) DK starter gear - Lots of that going around.
2.) T10 - Because.... A lot of DK's thought that looking like Arthas was cool.
3.) T9 - Have you seen horde T9 Plate? BLECH
4.) T7 - AWFUL BLOODY AWFUL
5.) T11 - I hate this set even more than T11.
6.) Paladin recolor sets. I don't like purple, I don't like red, and if I wanted to look like a paladin, I would just log onto my paladin.

Ok, so now that we have that out of the way, What am I looking for?

I'm looking for a set that is 'different'. To be an RP guy for a second, I'm looking for a set of gear that a Troll Death Knight would 'realistically' (such a funny concept) wear while tanking.
I prefer to "stitch" a set together instead of just using an "off the rack" set.
I like things to "match".
It is doubtful that I will ever show my helm, unless it is the type of helm that your head shows through (collar, goggle, type thing)
I don't normally show a cloak, but for the right cloak, I would be willing to show it again.
My weapon model (a 2h'd axe, since T12 and T13 both have 2h'd axe as the tanking weapon for a DK) needs to be "beefy". That's why I went with the axe model I have on the armory. It feels "big" and "heavy".
I'm a male troll Blood Death Knight.

So, not that you can really see me because the default armory pose is AWFUL, but here I am

I have a full 'set' of the level 70 "wood" plate from the old Badge Vendor. This has been a thought of mine for a while, the problem is that there aren't many 2h'd axe models out there that look good.
I have started working on This set as an idea, but I can't seem to find gloves or boots that look good with it.

I'm not saying that it has to be that set, but I figured I would put it out there that I've been thinking about it.

If anyone has any suggestions, i would appreciate it.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(12-06-2011, 04:43 PM)shoju Wrote: It is doubtful that I will ever show my helm, unless it is the type of helm that your head shows through (collar, goggle, type thing)

I don't recall offhand, what is your DK's hair and skin like? I figure that if you are not going to be showing your helm then you'd want the set to work with those details too. I've been enjoying playing with the MogIt mod lately so I might see what I can come up with for you. Maybe even making a temporary DK that looks like you so I can really see how things look. : )
I have a very dark brown skin. it is the DK only Dark Skin tone, and I have light blue / white hair, and very large tusks. My face paint is also light in color. I believe the hair style is barber only "dragon's something or other".

I have been trying to go through mogit, but I haven't had as much time to play around with it as I would like.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Well I gave it a shot.

I am going to use this thread to show my Stormwind Elite Guard transmog set. It's basically just the Imperial set + a pair of Arcanite Champions (the innate glow of these do not overwrite the graphical effect of Landslide).

[Image: 7oIB7.jpg]

The belt looks stupid and I couldn't find anything close to the real SW guard look, so tomorrow I'll just look for something that fits the theme. The Imperial shoulders aren't the same, but I'll never get a perfect 1:1 match as a Titan's Grip Fury Warrior anyhow.
At the end of the day you should all be wearing Twill, seriously. It's the definition of epic clothing for the outdoorsy adventurer.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Swirly's mog pics had me thinking....

This?

I'm unsure about the weapon I would use. I haven't started sliding them in yet and playing with them.
I'd say you could go ahead and install MogIt and give that a poke. I've found it does tend to draw upon the wrong model skins with certain items, so double-checking the look on WoWhead would be a good idea.

The Imperial Plate on a Horde toon is a pretty funny idea. My Tauren DK has a set himself. Note that the in the set are incorrect for a true Stormwind Guard look, since the proper ones would be based on Heavy Mithril Shoulders. This WoWhead comment does a finicky breakdown on what you should be looking at.

Weirdly, I'm seeing very few people transmogged in any meaningful way on my server, myself being one of them (Red Beaststalker recolour, Merciless Gladiator's Crossbow of the Phoenix, and a Hardened Scale Cloak. Works well.)
I have Mogit installed, but It is proving to be a real pain in the arse to get the textures to load right Sad I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it tonight and see if that helps.
The Heavy Mithril Shoulders/Jouster's Pauldrons look wrong, too -- they're purple. There really isn't a "proper" fit, but I prefer Light Plate Shoulders or Ango'rosh Pauldrons over the other two. They just look dirty and faded instead of, well... purple.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
This could be an interesting option to lean towards, and is pretty interesting. The onyl problem I have with it, is that it looks like another class's armor.
(12-09-2011, 07:21 PM)shoju Wrote: This could be an interesting

I can't tell from the 3D view, where does the CD go? Those car stereo speakers on his shoulders look like they can handle some power, but I think the bass output would be better if he wore enclosures for them. Tongue
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(12-09-2011, 07:21 PM)shoju Wrote: This could be an interesting option to lean towards, and is pretty interesting. The onyl problem I have with it, is that it looks like another class's armor.
It's probably just me, but I think Reforged Trollbane or Arcanite Reaper look better with your outfit. I'd have a different outfit for you, but Blizzard only did /half/ of a recolor set in T5 (no boots or pants available in the same color as the rest of the off-color off-set pieces). Thanks, Blizz. Tongue
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(12-07-2011, 04:38 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I am going to use this thread to show my Stormwind Elite Guard transmog set. It's basically just the Imperial set + a pair of Arcanite Champions (the innate glow of these do not overwrite the graphical effect of Landslide).

The belt looks stupid and I couldn't find anything close to the real SW guard look, so tomorrow I'll just look for something that fits the theme. The Imperial shoulders aren't the same, but I'll never get a perfect 1:1 match as a Titan's Grip Fury Warrior anyhow.
I use those exact same weapons. I hate the poopslide enchant it ruins so many good potential weapon choices. Sad

I have a slightly different alliance though...
[Image: wowscrnshot121011162911.jpg]

...and I was bitten.
[Image: wowscrnshot121011163533.jpg]

As for Shoju, you could surf members of the ebon blade for a legit DK set you didn't think of. http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1098#members
(12-10-2011, 05:39 PM)Frag Wrote:
(12-09-2011, 07:21 PM)shoju Wrote: This could be an interesting option to lean towards, and is pretty interesting. The onyl problem I have with it, is that it looks like another class's armor.
It's probably just me, but I think Reforged Trollbane or Arcanite Reaper look better with your outfit. I'd have a different outfit for you, but Blizzard only did /half/ of a recolor set in T5 (no boots or pants available in the same color as the rest of the off-color off-set pieces). Thanks, Blizz. Tongue

I have been thinking about trying to get a recolored version of Warrior T6. It is available, and I LOVE that set.

For transmogrification ideas, I can't recommend Icy Veins' Transmogrification pages enough. Images of every kind of item in every slot in the game, along with guides on sets for each armor type.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Can't be much help but I was always a fan of my old "Standing around at the bank" set.

Helm was Crown of Anasterian I think. The red helm from SWP.
Weapon: Draconic Avenger
Had some cloth shoulders from Kara (not sure if you can actually drop a cloth texture on plate gear though.)
and the rest was pieced together from Heroic 25 LK gear and Kara leather.

May not look good on a Troll, but looked great on an Orc. The axe and the crown are great starting pieces to make a set out of though.
I got a pair of new 2-Handed Maces and the look for my Stormwind Guard set totally screwed up. Those things are very un-Stormwind Guard-like. A friend suggested Bronze Warhammer, and I think it works very well!
[Image: Ef8ZW.jpg]

[Image: vKcsm.jpg]

It's blue and yellow, and the orange matches some of my armor's trim. I'm not 100% happy with the look of the Landslide effect, but at least it's mostly yellow.
(12-13-2011, 05:17 AM)DeeBye Wrote: It's blue and yellow, and the orange matches some of my armor's trim. I'm not 100% happy with the look of the Landslide effect, but at least it's mostly yellow.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=24094 might work for you with just a little red glow. (I assume since innate glows typically overwrite enchants now) I think there is another one that might but realms are down and I can't remember it. In any case the axes off Bain are better for TG. Then you can use http://www.wowhead.com/item=870 for those if it suits you. Smile

EDIT: While I'm here you might want to try http://www.wowhead.com/item=10374 Just to be a little different from other stormwind guards out there.
I would personally prefer http://www.wowhead.com/item=18493 over http://www.wowhead.com/item=10374 -- it's just easier to farm, and in my opinion, looks better with the rest of the Imperial Plate set.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk