SWTOR - Paypal
Hey guys,

I just was forced to enter a subscription for SWTOR (even though I have a month free with my game subscription) and much to my consternation, the only options they offer are PayPal and Credit Card. Now, these probably are just fine for a USA based resident, but normally a European has neither of these.

Luckily I did have a Paypal account collecting dust. It was sitting around without any money on it, so I dusted it off and saw that since 2007 it had had no activity and not a penny on it. I went through the SWTOR subscription adding nonsense and added my PayPal account to it.

Now I have to wonder, how will this subscription take place when payday comes? There's no money on the PayPal account. Will it fail? Will it automatically go through to my bank account and deduct it there? (I certainly hope not). I simply don't know enough about PayPal, and I was hoping someone here could tell me how this works.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(12-22-2011, 02:16 PM)Crusader Wrote: Hey guys,

I just was forced to enter a subscription for SWTOR (even though I have a month free with my game subscription) and much to my consternation, the only options they offer are PayPal and Credit Card. Now, these probably are just fine for a USA based resident, but normally a European has neither of these.

Luckily I did have a Paypal account collecting dust. It was sitting around without any money on it, so I dusted it off and saw that since 2007 it had had no activity and not a penny on it. I went through the SWTOR subscription adding nonsense and added my PayPal account to it.

Now I have to wonder, how will this subscription take place when payday comes? There's no money on the PayPal account. Will it fail? Will it automatically go through to my bank account and deduct it there? (I certainly hope not). I simply don't know enough about PayPal, and I was hoping someone here could tell me how this works.

Generally, it will go to the bank account you have linked, and pull it there, if it's set up like most paypal accounts.

--Mav
(12-22-2011, 02:16 PM)Crusader Wrote: Hey guys,

There is another option as well, there are game time cards for the TOR and you can buy those at a store and they act as a CC for the time listed for them. That might be a better bet.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Like Mav said depends on how the PayPal account is set up, most of them are linked to a checking/savings account you can check it by logging into the PayPal account and looking at your settings. If yours isn't linked to some other source when the bill comes due it will bounce and I haven't checked the EULA on SW:TOR close enough to see if there are fees associated with that. I forgot to change a card over with WoW once and they just sent a message saying payment was declined and my game time was now over.

Though you should just be able to cancel the recurrence now that you've put it in and it should just let you play on the 30 days that come with the game and then you'll be done if you don't give them more money in some way shape or form (be the CC/Debit card, prepaid card like Lissa mentions, or it pulling from the PayPal account).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.