thread sort order on news and announcements
Is anyone else having problems with the sort order for the list of threads for the "News and Announcements" forum? It was flagged as having a new post so I opened the thread list but saw no new thread at the top. I eventually looked to the bottom of the list and found "Torchlight II Announced" did indeed have a new post. It was at the bottom so I tried changing to "Sort By: Last Post" instead of creation date, like the other forums, and hit go. It resorted but was back to creation date the next time I opened that forum thread list. The last post sort will not stick. That's good if the intention is to only have announcement type posts, with no replies, but, as soon as replies start, things get messed up. Is there a setting somewhere to allow sort orders to stick. It appears that they don't stick on any of the forums and that news and announcements is set to creation date where the other forum thread lists are set to last post. If not, can news and announcements be changed to last post instead?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
To quote Blizzard: "Working as intended."

That forum is what the main lounge page pulls from. So if it sorted by comments then the stories on the main lounge would bounce around as well which isn't desirable. So in order to keep updates in the correct order, they are sorted by original post only.

(01-19-2012, 12:25 AM)swirly Wrote: To quote Blizzard: "Working as intended."

That forum is what the main lounge page pulls from. So if it sorted by comments then the stories on the main lounge would bounce around as well which isn't desirable. So in order to keep updates in the correct order, they are sorted by original post only.

But that shouldn't require me to view it that way. Certainly, when I choose a different, albeit temporary, sort order with the dropdown boxes at the bottom, it doesn't change how the news is displayed on the front page. The choices are there so I should be able to set my choice of sort like I can set threaded or linear mode for viewing posts in threads.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I believe it's because the threads are stickied. I could be wrong, but I doubt it because I had the exact same problem.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
This is working as intended. I changed the sort order recently when someone replied to one of the oldest news posts and it bumped it to the top of the forum. The news forum is a "special" forum with restricted posting privileges - only admins can create new threads - so it's meant to be ordered in the timeframe that "news" comes in.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
You're all missing the real question in my post but I can understand why. I used a "." at the end of my question instead of a "?". The actual question was:

Quote:Is there a setting somewhere to allow sort orders to stick.(?)

I am assuming the answer is no unless someone now points me to it. It is good to know why it is sorting as it is. However, since other sort orders are offered at the bottom of the thread list for each forum, they are already there. Since this forum is the suggestion box, along with problem reporting, consider it just that, a suggestion to be passed on to the software authors if such suggestions are ever made - "allow forum thread list sort orders to stick".
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."