Forum Plans
I think we're going to get a release date announcement for Diablo III soon,™ and I wanted to pass along what I'm thinking for the forums here.

1) Expand the Diablo III forums. I'm thinking a sub-forum for each class, along with the current general forum. I want to encourage deeper discussion of the classes in detail, so breaking them out makes sense to me.

2) Contract the forums for other games. Take all the posts for the World of Warcraft and Diablo II forums and merge them into one forum for each game. Then set a category for "Older Games" and put those forums under that category.

This should happen as Diablo III gets closer to release.

Not sure what to do with the guild forums, other than leave them as they are. Diablo III doesn't really have "guilds," so it's not like we need places to administrate events like we do with WoW.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(02-01-2012, 05:02 PM)Bolty Wrote: I think we're going to get a release date announcement for Diablo III soon,™ and I wanted to pass along what I'm thinking for the forums here.

1) Expand the Diablo III forums. I'm thinking a sub-forum for each class, along with the current general forum. I want to encourage deeper discussion of the classes in detail, so breaking them out makes sense to me.

2) Contract the forums for other games. Take all the posts for the World of Warcraft and Diablo II forums and merge them into one forum for each game. Then set a category for "Older Games" and put those forums under that category.

This should happen as Diablo III gets closer to release.

Not sure what to do with the guild forums, other than leave them as they are. Diablo III doesn't really have "guilds," so it's not like we need places to administrate events like we do with WoW.

And who appointed you master of our world?! It's not like you... Oh, yeah... Nevermind...
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(02-01-2012, 05:02 PM)Bolty Wrote: I think we're going to get a release date announcement for Diablo III soon,™ and I wanted to pass along what I'm thinking for the forums here.

http://i.imgur.com/jpMaM.jpg

Whee! That's some good timing.
(02-02-2012, 04:29 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Whee! That's some good timing.

Congratulations!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Sounds like a solid plan to me.

I'm under the assumption that D3 will make its appearance this year... but I also believe it won't be until the last quarter of the year sometime.
[Image: rusty1.jpg]
(02-02-2012, 04:29 AM)DeeBye Wrote:

'bout time!

Enjoy!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(02-02-2012, 04:29 AM)DeeBye Wrote:

Too bad none of us are playing anymore cause we got tired of waiting for you... Angel
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Implemented.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.