Super-guild has already cleared Naxx
http://www.twentyfifthnovember.com/

This is the super-guild created by merging Nihilum with SK-gaming.

Also clear:
- 10 man Naxx
- Obsidian Sanctum

You know, I expected this guild to get things done quickly, but 2 days after release the first Tier is clear? Starting to feel like the difficulty-o-meter isn't going to be much different at 80 than it was ine 3.0.2 raiding of TBC instances.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:http://www.twentyfifthnovember.com/

Also clear:
- 10 man Naxx
- Obsidian Sanctum

You know, I expected this guild to get things done quickly, but 2 days after release the first Tier is clear? Starting to feel like the difficulty-o-meter isn't going to be much different at 80 than it was ine 3.0.2 raiding of TBC instances.

Wow. Yeah I had heard a bit about that and figured they would motor as well, but that is nuts.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'm not too surprised, really. They had about 5 days to level up (remember they got an extra day) and I imagine all had been in Naxx before. Naxx will likely be either fully cleared or almost fully cleared by the first group that goes in there, it's not that hard. I pugged it on the Beta server, and with everyone in pvp gear and some folks not knowing the place, we got a little more than half way through in about 2 1/2 hours. Naxx is pretty much what a lot of folks wanted, I feel...it's a starter raid that will provide some challenge (especially to those who don't know the fights) but won't be a major challenge.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:I'm not too surprised, really. They had about 5 days to level up (remember they got an extra day) and I imagine all had been in Naxx before. Naxx will likely be either fully cleared or almost fully cleared by the first group that goes in there, it's not that hard. I pugged it on the Beta server, and with everyone in pvp gear and some folks not knowing the place, we got a little more than half way through in about 2 1/2 hours. Naxx is pretty much what a lot of folks wanted, I feel...it's a starter raid that will provide some challenge (especially to those who don't know the fights) but won't be a major challenge.

I'm more impressed by the organization to get 25 people leveled up and ready go to, though I suppose some of them may not have been at the level cap (I haven't bothered to check if there is an attument process). I'm sure they were all in beta and had actually done all of it before anyway and likely had done it all in 40 man version as well, but it's still impressive.
---
Quote:I'm more impressed by the organization to get 25 people leveled up and ready go to, though I suppose some of them may not have been at the level cap (I haven't bothered to check if there is an attument process). I'm sure they were all in beta and had actually done all of it before anyway and likely had done it all in 40 man version as well, but it's still impressive.

I'm sure all of them had been in 40-man Naxx before, so they knew the fights, and had done it in beta, too. These are people who do nothing but play WoW, pretty much, so I'm not surprised. Says less about Naxx difficulty than it does about the people involved.

But, Naxx is the 'starter' dungeon. Of course the dedicated raiders will clear it. We probably won't take a long time. There's 2 more tiers to add, so it'll be fine, I think. Anyone who's got the raiding experience we have will think the first tier is easy. Naxx is aimed at the people who had to get badge gear to clear Kara the first time. Really. Anyone who cleared Kara in blues and heroic gear is past Naxx level already.

--Mav
Fine I'm stupid for being surprised by people getting to level cap and clearing the first 25 man raid instance in just 48 hours.

I happened to be online on Stormrage, today, when Skan became the first L80 mage and L80 human on the server it was neat to see the announcement. I'm pretty impressed by that too. But the 24 other people haven't done that yet and they haven't cleared Naxx yet. And I know all those CM folks know the place too.

You may not be surprised. I still am, because very few people get to see that level of organization in action and to have it put together for a video game...

It's impressive, and I'm still surprised by it. I agree it may not speak to the difficulty of wrath as a whole, but we'll soon see.
---
These are also people who have sponsors who pay them to play WoW.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Fine I'm stupid for being surprised by people getting to level cap and clearing the first 25 man raid instance in just 48 hours.

They didn't do it in 48 hours though. It released at least a day earlier for the EU than it did for the US, if not a couple hours more. So they are, as has been said, folks who are basically paid to play WoW who've had 120 hours or so to get up there.

I'm not saying it's not impressive. But if I had nothing to do but play WoW all day and make a livable wage off it too...I'd be up there.;)But I don't get paid, I have birthday parties and tabletop games and dinners with family and a bunch of other things that slow me down.

I don't think it speaks to WotLK's difficulty (as I"ve heard detailed how the Malygos fight goes) but to Naxx's. Honestly, you'll be pretty surprised by how easy it is in there, for the most part.
Quote:Fine I'm stupid for being surprised by people getting to level cap and clearing the first 25 man raid instance in just 48 hours.

I happened to be online on Stormrage, today, when Skan became the first L80 mage and L80 human on the server it was neat to see the announcement. I'm pretty impressed by that too. But the 24 other people haven't done that yet and they haven't cleared Naxx yet. And I know all those CM folks know the place too.

You may not be surprised. I still am, because very few people get to see that level of organization in action and to have it put together for a video game...

It's impressive, and I'm still surprised by it. I agree it may not speak to the difficulty of wrath as a whole, but we'll soon see.

I never said you were stupid, I just pointed out that they had all the time they needed w/o other considerations. If I got paid to play WoW, I might be there already, too.

--Mav
Quote:I never said you were stupid, I just pointed out that they had all the time they needed w/o other considerations. If I got paid to play WoW, I might be there already, too.

I wouldn't. I've done some power leveling in the old world and in Outlands and I couldn't do things that fast.

I don't think I could start from 60, get to 70 and clear Kara, Mags, and Gruul, which is kinda what they did, knowing what I know about the game now, in 48 (or 72 if they got it a day early in Europe) hours.

I guess I'm not as good of a player as you and Mirajj then.
---
Quote:I wouldn't. I've done some power leveling in the old world and in Outlands and I couldn't do things that fast.

I don't think I could start from 60, get to 70 and clear Kara, Mags, and Gruul, which is kinda what they did, knowing what I know about the game now, in 48 (or 72 if they got it a day early in Europe) hours.

I guess I'm not as good of a player as you and Mirajj then.

The first level 80 on my server is in my guild and so I heard a bit about how he did it.

Basically he slept three hours in three days while playing a good grinding class.
I don't think he had an out of group healer or a group killing tagged mobs, just an unhealthy schedule and a lot of focus.

Personally I just recently hit 73. I'm taking my time, reading the quests and stopping to smell roses (eg. tradeskills, instances, assisting friends and guildies). Expansions don't come out every week or even every year and I don't want to waste that fresh feel on a mad rush to the end of the game. I see the 'get questhelper you noob' responses to requests for help in general and think 'you've waited two years for something new and now you've installed a mob to help you skip it?'
Quote: I see the 'get questhelper you noob' responses to requests for help in general and think 'you've waited two years for something new and now you've installed a mob to help you skip it?'

Heh. No kidding. You should see some of the /general responses to questions for help. You'd think that nearly the entire server is illiterate. My two worst examples so far? I was puttering around on my new Death Knight, and someone asked me where/how I'd gotten my mount. And I was wandering around the Fjord on my main, and someone tied up /general for about 10 minutes with this one. He was trying to do the mules quest, and couldn't figure out why the mules were not responding to /fist, /threaten, /slap, or /intimidate. When he was told he had to use /raise, he complained that the quest wasn't clear enough, despite saying directly that you need to do that.

Frightening world indeed.
It wasn't a day early. It was, at most (including time zones) around 10 hours -- if that. I was able to enter Northrend around 10:30 PM GMT+1 on November 12th. Kungen apparently earned those achievements November 15th -- that means he's had, at most, just under 50 hours.

Personally I've just reached 73, and while I haven't played constantly (or even as long as others in my family), I've played quite a bit, and I was surprised by how slow it's going. ~1.5 mil EXP is not easy. Then again, I've only been in one instance; from what I understand, you level faster in there.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk

Also clear:
- 10 man Naxx
- Obsidian Sanctum

If you note the requirements on the application to join the SK-guild there should be nothing surprising about their accomplishments. There is a detailed list of items that each member needed for their mains and a second account was required for harvesting. Every member was set up for an efficient XP grind prior to the release of WoTLK. A friend who still plays WoW read some of the requirements to me a few weeks ago and it was so demanding and detailed that I found it to be very amusing. If there ever was a Pro-gamer's guild that has to be it.

The MT (protection warrior) in my friend's guild soloed (without switching out any of his L70 gear) for 50 hours straight and was the first to hit L80 on Sunstrider but it was still 15 hours slower than the first to hit L80 on all servers. He did have the advantage of playing in the beta and since he was ahead of everyone else he got to all of the named mobs first and was never ganked.
Quote:
...I'm taking my time, reading the quests and stopping to smell roses (eg. tradeskills, instances, assisting friends and guildies). Expansions don't come out every week or even every year and I don't want to waste that fresh feel on a mad rush to the end of the game...
New content is precious. Why a race to have nothing new to do?

After five days in Northrend, most of my guild is 73 - 74, without trying hard. Some are complaining that it's all too easy. Certainly we are better geared, specced, and organized than before, after weeks of confidence-building exercises in nerf mode MH and BT.

Blizzard has done a good job of partitioning quest content so that we aren't all chasing the same mob at the same time. Stormrage is stable, when it's up. Latency is higher than normal but not crippling. All of this contributes to the ez mode feel.

The early 5 man instances are quick and fun. The blues there do not quite replace badge/T5/T6 although some of the instance quest rewards do. Effects of new itemization are hard to percieve at this point. Spangles, NE warrior, will disenchant preexpansion armor for crafted blues at 75, ready or not, to find out first hand.

Effects of new talents are easy to perceive, especially for a protection warrior. There is no need to respec for DPS at present. Quest mobs are rounded up and blown away with Shockwave, Thunderclap and Shield Slam. Now 74, Spangles gained two levels tanking instances, so respeccing is inefficient. She has not bothered even to train, or to plug in new talent points.

Will we cruise to 80 before Thanksgiving? Will we have to clear vicious pre-nerf heroic mode instances in quest blues and rep gear, as we did in Shattered Halls and Shadow Labs? Either or both may apply, but it's been a cruise control experience so far.

PS. Two tips: get a friend in Dalaran to queue you to a battleground, then /afk into Dalaran to make it your home. Look up "Manual: Heavy Frostweave Bandage" on Wowhead to find out how to get one.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]

Also clear:
- 10 man Naxx
- Obsidian Sanctum

It's not really all that surprising considering Skan got first level 80 mage and human on Stormrage in about 60 hours real life time with a sleep break in there somewhere (he hit 80 right around Noon time on Saturday, maybe an hour or two later). If you know what to do and where to do it, getting to 80 quickly isn't difficult. I should hit 80 Wednesday night with Tahapenes and that's with probably around 65 to 70ish hours played since Wrath launched.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:It's not really all that surprising considering Skan got first level 80 mage and human on Stormrage in about 60 hours real life time with a sleep break in there somewhere (he hit 80 right around Noon time on Saturday, maybe an hour or two later). If you know what to do and where to do it, getting to 80 quickly isn't difficult. I should hit 80 Wednesday night with Tahapenes and that's with probably around 65 to 70ish hours played since Wrath launched.

Something also to note was that I delayed my final level up by around two hours so that Heda could catch up and we could both get first human to 80 (there's a one-minute window after any realm first is achieved - anyone meeting the requirements in that minute is also awarded the first). I also could have shaved another three to four hours off my time if I'd had as much experience with Icecrown and Storm Peaks as I'd had with all the other zones - they were closed on beta when I did my leveling up there, and I never really got back to check them out. So my last level and a half was done with some fairly inefficient questing, as well.
Having done all the 10-man content in Wrath, as well as 25-man OS and Vault, it's not surprising that Naxx was cleared within two days. The new raid instances are very, very easy - with the exception of the Eye of Eternity, and fancy footwork with drakes in the OS.
Quote:Having done all the 10-man content in Wrath, as well as 25-man OS and Vault, it's not surprising that Naxx was cleared within two days. The new raid instances are very, very easy - with the exception of the Eye of Eternity, and fancy footwork with drakes in the OS.

Archavon is a complete and utter joke. After never seeing the fight, I went in there with a PuG and one shotted him both on normal and heroic (and got my Valorous Plagueheart Pants to boot...it's good to be the lone warlock on the heroic... :D)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Also clear:
- 10 man Naxx
- Obsidian Sanctum

I've described it as doing Karazhan in tier 5.