What's the cheapest online vendor for flash memory?
I have great online sources for computer parts and cables, but now I need to find the best reputable online vendor for flash memory. I got a new Sony Ericsson phone that uses the Memory Stick Micro format, and my old phone used the standard Memory Stick Pro format so I can't re-use it in the new phone. The computer parts places I looked at all had Memory Stick Micro starting at prices like $25 for a 1GB stick, which I find pretty outrageous compared to other media types.
when I needed flash, I tacked it on to an Amazon order. free shipping and no sales tax goes a long way on that kind of purchase for me anyway.

But all my stuff is SD / micro SD. Sony proprietary stuff is probably twice the cost.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:The computer parts places I looked at all had Memory Stick Micro starting at prices like $25 for a 1GB stick, which I find pretty outrageous compared to other media types.
That does sound unreasonably high. Even here in New Zealand, which generally has pretty high prices for electronics/computer equipment, you can get a 1Gb M2 stick for US$10.

Here's one for $10.75. I didn't check where they ship too and at what price, however.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Sony proprietary stuff is probably twice the cost.

:(

Yeah, I see that now. The best I could find was a 4GB stick for about $37. I'm thinking that maybe I don't need that much storage right now. The phone came with a 512MB stick, and I'll just use it until I find a better deal.

I both love and hate Sony so much.
Quote:That does sound unreasonably high. Even here in New Zealand, which generally has pretty high prices for electronics/computer equipment, you can get a 1Gb M2 stick for US$10.

Here's one for $10.75. I didn't check where they ship too and at what price, however.

Thanks for that link. They apparently ship to Canada, and they seem to have a 4GB stick for $25 and a 8GB stick for $44. A 1GB stick is too small for me so I just used it as a baseline. I'll check out that company.