Let's Talk MoP Beta
(04-11-2012, 03:48 AM)Bolty Wrote: MoP is so freaking broken right now...

Screenie
Screenie
Screenie
Screenie
Screenie

These purple walls are everywhere in Orgrimmar.

Turn your view distance down to 'good' and the purple disappears. (Yes, it's broken atm. )
--Mav
(04-11-2012, 07:29 PM)kandrathe Wrote: 1) Loot drops with affixes (e.g. of stamina) are calculated randomly, but the algorithm is broken. You will see something like "Awesome Bracers of Stamina" with 32122 stamina on the loot drop. Yes, huge numbers like that. Then when you take it in your inventory the item is merely "Awesome Bracers" with no stamina affix and no + stamina. Without adequate leveling gear, it will be hard to progress.
As of today, this is still broken.

Quote:2) Dungeon mobs with special attacks (magic, flurry, etc) do unbelievable amounts of damage at low levels. It's not unusual to get hit for 30000 hp + of damage at level 20. So, again, without a way to get leveling gear by this method, it will also be difficult to make level progress.
Ok, so today we tested Ruv's theory that it was those dungeon's having a Heroic mode that are messed up. Three of us easily managed Wailing Caverns but we were slightly over leveled at 25, 24 23, and then later we tackled The Stockade -- only having some issues with Hogger doing rage damage.

So, some dungeons are working, and are fun and challenging. The bug with random loot makes it less worthwhile, but so far I'm keeping my black smithing ahead of my level needs.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(04-16-2012, 01:19 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
Quote:2) Dungeon mobs with special attacks (magic, flurry, etc) do unbelievable amounts of damage at low levels. It's not unusual to get hit for 30000 hp + of damage at level 20. So, again, without a way to get leveling gear by this method, it will also be difficult to make level progress.
Ok, so today we tested Ruv's theory that it was those dungeon's having a Heroic mode that are messed up. Three of us easily managed Wailing Caverns but we were slightly over leveled at 25, 24 23, and then later we tackled The Stockade -- only having some issues with Hogger doing rage damage.

So, some dungeons are working, and are fun and challenging. The bug with random loot makes it less worthwhile, but so far I'm keeping my black smithing ahead of my level needs.
Not my theory, but what I was seeing reported on the beta forums.
(04-16-2012, 02:04 AM)Ruvanal Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 01:19 AM)kandrathe Wrote:

Not my theory, but what I was seeing reported on the beta forums.

IIRC though the boss mob drops were appropriate. That Stockade run was fun!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
I just got me some MoP. Battletag Pants#1907.
I've been enjoying the beta test for far. Most of the dungeons have been fine although because of level I missed out on Ragefire Chasm, Wailing Caverns and Razorfen Krawl. Really didn't like what they have done to Scarlet Monastery. 2 bugs we could were the Houndmaster we had to "kill' 3 times before we got him down. At about 8% health he would reset and go back to full health. We finally fought him at his starting position and we were able to down him. The second was there are a bunch of guards right after the Houndmaster and they have 230k health each. We tried to fight them and wiped but we found that we could walk past them without them attacking. Only other minor annoyance are the 3 quests that I found are bugged. The first one is Two-shoed Lou in Westfall. He does't show for Pandas. every other race can see him. The next is one in Darkshire. I don't remember the name of the quest but it is the one where you have to find a worgen and give him a potion to knock him out. I see the worgen but he won't come down from his perch and there is nothing you can do to bring him down. The last one is in the human starting area. It's the brother Paxton quest where he give you a book of light to heal some injured soldiers. It doesn't allow you to heal him. Oh just remembered there is a quest in Northern Stranglethorn where you have to interact with a Troll totem and it doesn't allow you to do that either. As a good beta tester I have reported or at least added a comment to existing threads on the forums.

I have decided that I hate the Northern Stranglethron Quest "Be Raptor" I was running around for a while trying to find a sleeping troll to steal his food.
Nyghtshayde Mage Fire/Frost ilvl 394
Nyghtdeth Death Knight Frost/Unholy ilvl 387

You get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with just a kind word.
Is anyone else leveling a Brewmaster? I'm having a fun time with one. I like the gameplay style. The energy/chi resource system really works well for them.

If I had to make a complaint, it might might be that their AoE threat is a little too strong due to Dizzying Haze. It has a ridiculously low cost, huge range, and no cooldown. I'm used to Warrior tanking, so maybe I'm just not used to awesome AoE threat.

Keg Smash is great. They rolled mitigation into a Cleave that does ridiculous damage. This one is always used on cooldown.

Club seems to be the default spammable attack, and I'm fine with it. It does damage and generates Chi.

Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick are Chi spenders, and ideally you use them to spend excess Chi when the target is over/under 50%. To be honest I find both of these largely unnecessary while tanking. They are great while questing however.

Breath of Fire is really weird. The tooltip is very vague and doesn't say what it actually does. You can use it while targeting a mob 40 yards away, but it actually hits mobs in front of you in a cone shape. It hits multiple targets. When you have a 3-stack of Dizzying Haze up, it really does immense damage and threat. It also turns off your autoattack, which I don't understand.

I'm not sure if this tanking rotation is ideal or not, but I generally pull with a Dizzying Haze from range and hit Keg Smash as soon as targets are in melee range. I do 2 more Dizzying Haze and then use Breath of Fire. After that, everything is stuck to me like glue and I spam Club and use Keg Smash/Breath of Fire on cooldown. I also use Dizzying Haze as a ranged aoe "taunt" of sorts if anything gets away since it's so easy to spam.

Clashing Ox Charge is incredible. It's like they said "Hmm, warrior's charge is fun. Death Knight's deathgrip is fun. Let's combine the two for extra fun." I just wish the Cooldown was lower, but maybe that's the Prot Warrior and my Warbringer talking.