Ogre Kickstarter
In case anyone has large piles of cash lying about and a nostalgic attraction for bygone boardgames, Ogre is being reprinted.

It's one of my favorites from the good old days, although before I was a tester for them. If they make the $700K level (which looks practically guaranteed) they'll start a Kickstarter for Car Wars. Smile

The Kickstarter project is also getting press as one of the more successful ones. It's an interesting funding model, but I'm already suffering Kickstarter burnout.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I remember when someone produced lead (and later pewter) minatures for the game. Wish I had bought them when I had the chance back in the early 90s.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(05-09-2012, 11:40 PM)Lissa Wrote: I remember when someone produced lead (and later pewter) minatures for the game. Wish I had bought them when I had the chance back in the early 90s.

They've gotten enough through the Kickstarter drive to re-create those at some unspecified later date.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Another Kickstarter project--this time for fans of Titan Quest. I received the following email from Titanquest.net:

Quote:While
there is no sign of Titan Quest 2 on the horizon, there is however a spiritual successor
to the game in Crate Entertainment’s Grim Dawn. In 2009, Crate’s Arthur Bruno (former
lead designer at Iron Lore Studios) negotiated for the rights to the engine from Titan
Quest. Since that time, Crate Entertainment has been hard at work developing the open
world ARPG Grim Dawn. Crate Entertainment has listened extensively to the feedback
provided by the gamers who played Titan Quest, and the end result is a “game guided by
traditional design and old school sensibilities, with innovation only in the areas where
it truly improves the game and isn't just a gimmicky back of the box feature.”

As the development of Grim Dawn continues towards its final stages, Crate
Entertainment invites you to view the progress that has been made so far, and the planned
features that will be making their way into the final release of Grim Dawn. (Also, be
sure and check out the outlined stretch goals such as two-handed weapons and randomly
appearing high-level dungeons.) Like other independent projects, Crate has embraced the
Kickstarter model, and the Grim Dawn project can be found at the following page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crat.../grim-dawn

Please take the time to visit, and support the development of a game that is sure to
evoke memories of Titan Quest in a way no other game on the market will. Also, feel free
to visit and join the Grim Dawn community at www.grimdawn.com
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]