D1 Rogue gaming and bows discussion....
(04-10-2012, 12:14 AM)Lissa Wrote: I'll stop, but I didn't put out the commentary that DH is OP and prior Bow classes were UP, you did. You think you've mastered the Rogue, but your knowledge about Windforce and why it's useful along with not knowing why Needler is better than of Swiftness shows you haven't mastered the Rogue as you think. Simply, no one ever masters a class until they can hit 50 using a BN(x) playing under the hard core rule set outlined by the various variant players because that is true skill and shows true mastery. You haven't done that (neither have I), so you haven't mastered the Rogue.

This is a continuation from the Gearing up for release Diablo 3 thread.

Too bad that NO ONE has ever done that, nor ever will do that - simply for the fact that it CANNOT be done. Even if you removed the hardcore rule, it would still be out of the realm of possibility for a warrior and a rogue. And even if this was possible, it fails to include the PvP element of the game - as true mastery of a class would require it in both PvM and PvP - not to mention who in the hell would want to play like that? I sure as hell wouldn't, and I dont think any reasonable gamer would even if it was possible. Gaming is supposed to be fun and challenging, but not a CHORE - and your standard, even if it could be done - would make it such. If I want to do chores, ill vacuum and dust. Also, once again, Needler and Swiftness bows have the same attack rate - look it up in Jarulf's. I will not address the Windforce/Needler claims anymore, because you are wrong, plain and simple, and I refuse to take on your invincible ignorance any further regarding that issue.

If those are indeed your standards of mastery, it is no wonder you think I haven't mastered Rogue. Your logic is based on a complete strawman fallacy. But such standards are, once again, out of the realm of possibility let alone probability. And please dont try to claim that it has been done, because I will know you are lying through your teeth (or fingers in this case) and will take it as you trying to insult my intelligence. Your standards are completely unrealistic, and are a reflection of the miniscule experience you have as a D1 gamer, especially in the end game. Lastly and most importantly, I take offense at you having such standards because besides being outright silly, they completely reject the accomplishments of the great players that revolutionized the game (in both PvM and PvP) and set a standard for high end play, as well as wipe clean some 16 years of Diablo history and evolution in which the mechanics, tactics, and various builds of the game over the course its life have been discovered or changed. I do not see any legitimate reasoning or logic behind your thinking on this - besides the fact it is merely your opinion (and one that lacks merit). If you are doing this just to troll, you should stop NOW - it was funny 2 or so posts back, but not anymore.

My original point was that the archer class in prior games was under powered in a relative context to the other classes. Of course, ALL classes are OP at high lvls with the best items, that goes without saying - but that is beside my point. Indeed I did put out the commentary about the DH possibly being OP, and the previous archer classes being underpowered. But it was YOU that came in and derailed the thread by trying to educate me about rogues - which is a complete joke - since i have more experience playing one than you and all your friends combined, a million times over. We got quite a kick out of your knowledge, or rather lack thereof, in Deu-1 though. Thanks for the entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(04-10-2012, 12:31 AM)RedRadical Wrote: Too bad that NO ONE has ever done that, nor ever will do that - simply for the fact that it CANNOT be done.

Incorrect assumption on your part. It has been done.

(04-10-2012, 12:31 AM)RedRadical Wrote: Even if you removed the hardcore rule, it would still be out of the realm of possibility for a warrior and a rogue.

Incorrect assumption on your part. It has been done.

(04-10-2012, 12:31 AM)RedRadical Wrote: And even if this was possible, it fails to include the PvP element of the game - as true mastery of a class would require it in both PvM and PvP - not to mention who in the hell would want to play like that?

PvP in Diablo is a joke. It is not a mastery of skill in any way, shape, or form. As for who would want to play a BNR or BNW? Well, it's just one of those things you either know or don't know. If you don't know - as you clearly do not - it cannot be told to you. I'd say it's a pity, but in this case I'm rather glad.

I'm done feeding the trolls - I promise.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Incorrect assumption on your part. It has been done.

I despise liars.

I despise compulsive liars even more. Gonna try and convince me that the tooth fairy and Santa Clause exist next?

Quote:PvP in Diablo is a joke. It is not a mastery of skill in any way, shape, or form. As for who would want to play a BNR or BNW? Well, it's just one of those things you either know or don't know. If you don't know - as you clearly do not - it cannot be told to you. I'd say it's a pity, but in this case I'm rather glad.

All opinion - with no empirical evidence to back it up. If there was no skill in PvP, anyone would just be able to do it, and idiotic trolls like yourself would be able to just beat anybody on any given day. Sorry to inform you, doesn't work like that. In many ways it takes more skill than PvM, because you are facing an opponent that actually has a MIND and has the ability to move differently, and not some controlled/set AI that always moves the same, but this simple concept seems beyond the grasp of people like you. It is a joke to you, because YOU DON'T know how to do it properly. I doubt you have ever played a serious duel in your life on Diablo, so why I am even responding to your idiocy, I haven't a clue. I really hate having to lower myself to using ad hominems, but your lack of grey matter upstairs has forced my hand.

Quote:I'm done feeding the trolls - I promise.

Only troll here is you potna', but beyond being a troll, you're a liar and an complete moron too. And glad you are done, cause you are now on ignore. Enjoy your one-way ticket to my shit list, where all the stupids roam.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(04-10-2012, 08:17 PM)RedRadical Wrote:

I despise liars.

I suggest not looking in mirrors then.

Quote:

I despise compulsive liars even more. Gonna try and convince me that the tooth fairy and Santa Clause exist next?

I re-iterate, don't look in any mirrors.

Quote:
Quote:PvP in Diablo is a joke. It is not a mastery of skill in any way, shape, or form. As for who would want to play a BNR or BNW? Well, it's just one of those things you either know or don't know. If you don't know - as you clearly do not - it cannot be told to you. I'd say it's a pity, but in this case I'm rather glad.

All opinion - with no empirical evidence to back it up. If there was no skill in PvP, anyone would just be able to do it, and idiotic trolls like yourself would be able to just beat anybody on any given day. Sorry to inform you, doesn't work like that. In many ways it takes more skill than PvM, because you are facing an opponent that actually has a MIND and has the ability to move differently, and not some controlled/set AI that always moves the same, but this simple concept seems beyond the grasp of people like you. It is a joke to you, because YOU DON'T know how to do it properly. I doubt you have ever played a serious duel in your life on Diablo, so why I am even responding to your idiocy, I haven't a clue. I really hate having to lower myself to using ad hominems, but your lack of grey matter upstairs has forced my hand.

Roland is correct. PvP in Diablo is a joke. It's all about who can get in the animation lock string and then not screw up their clicking to keep their opponent in a lock string until said opponent dies.

Quote:
Quote:I'm done feeding the trolls - I promise.

Only troll here is you potna', but beyond being a troll, you're a liar and an complete moron too. And glad you are done, cause you are now on ignore. Enjoy your one-way ticket to my shit list, where all the stupids roam.

Point to me on your dolly where Daddy touched you in a bad way.

Face it, you have not mastered Diablo nor the Rogue. If you had, you wouldn't be making these stupid comments that show your complete and utter lack of knowledge.

If you cannot play a BN(x), you haven't mastered anything. I happened to get a BNR up to 42 before I quit Diablo because Diablo 2 came out. While I never played it under the hardcore ruleset, I followed the BN(x) rules to a tee. Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean others can't. Either you can dance or you can't. You can't.

So, congrats in your low self esteem, thump your chest all you want, but everyone here knows you don't know what you think you know.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Take it to PMs. This entire thread is a waste of time, where the participants are attacking each other instead of addressing the issue.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.