Diablo 3 Free to play weekend this weekend
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vie...is-Weekend

Since I don't see it posted on the Lounge yet, Diablo 3 beta is free to play this weekend. Just go to the Diablo 3 website, download the client, and create a battle.net tag.

It is a stress test, but its free for another day until Monday 10 am.

Note, it took me several hours to download. I started friday evening and was finished sometime before I woke up the next morning.
(04-22-2012, 02:25 AM)Drasca Wrote: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vie...is-Weekend

Since I don't see it posted on the Lounge yet, Diablo 3 beta is free to play this weekend. Just go to the Diablo 3 website, download the client, and create a battle.net tag.

It is a stress test, but its free for another day until Monday 10 am.

Note, it took me several hours to download. I started friday evening and was finished sometime before I woke up the next morning.

I didn't take me very long to download but I can't seem to login. When i fill in my battlenet accountname and password the login button remains dark....so I can't click it.
After installation I got a message that my video card was very old. Smile I guess I will have to buy a new laptop soon.

(04-22-2012, 05:32 AM)eppie Wrote: I didn't take me very long to download but I can't seem to login. When i fill in my battlenet accountname and password the login button remains dark....so I can't click it.
After installation I got a message that my video card was very old. Smile I guess I will have to buy a new laptop soon.

My 2.8GHz iMac is groaning under the load of the lowest settings as well. Still, just hearing the music during the first few seconds was already worth the download Smile

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I played through the first level of the Tristram Cathedral. It seems as dark, sinister, and atmospheric as the original Diablo. I know there are brighter days ahead, but I think they've captured the correct mood in the beginning.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

maxed all 5 classes Smile

game is outstanding - the 15th of May will be one to remember for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
My beta weekend consisted of:

Friday evening: 3 hours of not being able to connect:
Saturday: 4 hours of play, 6 hours not being able to connect
Sunday: 4 hours of play, me giving up.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(04-25-2012, 12:43 PM)Crusader Wrote: My beta weekend consisted of:

Friday evening: 3 hours of not being able to connect:
Saturday: 4 hours of play, 6 hours not being able to connect
Sunday: 4 hours of play, me giving up.
I tried on Saturday, but it was down for emergency maintenance (whoops). And, then on Sunday it was a bit laggy with some near death experiences due to lag spikes at the wrong times (e.g. when the fat guys would explode into a cascade of worms/eels).

I figured they didn't quite expect the impact from the volume of testers and tried to re-tool during the emergency maintenance.

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(04-25-2012, 07:28 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I figured they didn't quite expect the impact from the volume of testers and tried to re-tool during the emergency maintenance.

Isn't that why they do stress tests? To find out if things are going to crash? Big Grin

(04-22-2012, 03:48 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: My 2.8GHz iMac is groaning under the load of the lowest settings as well. Still, just hearing the music during the first few seconds was already worth the download Smile\
take care
Tarabulus

Definitely some graphic optimization needed on the Mac side. However, my three-year-old 2.67 GHz i7 with an ATI GPU just plows through on high settings, 60 FPS. The newer (1 year) 3.0 GHz i3 iMac with ATI mobile-type GPU has issues above medium, and just stops when someone tosses unruned corpse spiders till the animation finishes. Runed spiders are fine, though, and frogs don't bother a bit.

--Mav
(04-25-2012, 07:35 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(04-25-2012, 07:28 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I figured they didn't quite expect the impact from the volume of testers and tried to re-tool during the emergency maintenance.

Isn't that why they do stress tests? To find out if things are going to crash? Big Grin

(04-22-2012, 03:48 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: My 2.8GHz iMac is groaning under the load of the lowest settings as well. Still, just hearing the music during the first few seconds was already worth the download Smile\
take care
Tarabulus

Definitely some graphic optimization needed on the Mac side. However, my three-year-old 2.67 GHz i7 with an ATI GPU just plows through on high settings, 60 FPS. The newer (1 year) 3.0 GHz i3 iMac with ATI mobile-type GPU has issues above medium, and just stops when someone tosses unruned corpse spiders till the animation finishes. Runed spiders are fine, though, and frogs don't bother a bit.

I'm hoping the finished game will run a bit better. I can't afford to buy a new machine just for gaming, I shouldn't even have bought the game Tongue. Bit disappointing that even the 3GHz iMac is struggling.

Well, I used to main tank MC and BWL with <10fps, I guess I can deal with 15-20fps Diablo III. ALso, if memory serves, there are usually Mac-specific patches coming out not too far behind release that address performance.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.