Long time no see guys
Hey everyone, its nearly 4am and it seems I've been hit with a little nostalgia. Feels like an age since I've last checked in around here, but it's good to see that things are pretty much as they've always been.

Quick update: As of December '09 I've completed culinary school, working as a full time cook possibly in line for a sous position but still debating if I want to get stuck working corporate dining. Have been engaged to my high school sweetheart since last March, with planning (and payments, ugh) already underway to tie the knot this October. Finally down from around 1-2 cigarettes a day to 0 since New Years Eve, though I've still got to work harder to hit the gym like I resolved to do.

Gaming wise I no longer even own a PC. The motherboard on a 939 pin AMD box blew and I wasn't going to spend hundreds on a new board and chip just to replace it, so I sold off all my old gear and picked up a 10" HP Mini netbook and pretty much stick to the 360 to get my fix. Still miss WoW on occasion, but the stuff that is out for consoles makes not being able to play it, the later monkey island games, diablo, and BG bearable.

Anyway, I'll be trying to pop in more often, or at the very least lurking more. I'm just glad to see my favorite corner of the internet is still going strong :blush:
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Hi,

Good to see you again. Sounds like your life is pretty full but pretty good. 'Grats on quitting smoking. That's a great decision.

So, you are going to post pictures of the wedding, right?

Definitely stick around, your opinions have been missed. :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Wow, long time no see indeed.

Sounds like things are going well with you, glad to hear that. Hope you stop by more often!

Cheers,

-Jester
Quote:So, you are going to post pictures of the wedding, right?

Ha, after what we're paying for the photographer I'm going to make damn sure those pictures are seen by everyone!
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Wow, I somehow recall your name from somewhere in the back of my head, as well as Pete and Jester too. I too was doodling around google, and traced my steps back here once again. It seems funny reading stuff I posted nearly a decade ago.

Hail to you lurkers!
Quote:Hey everyone, its nearly 4am and it seems I've been hit with a little nostalgia. Feels like an age since I've last checked in around here, but it's good to see that things are pretty much as they've always been.

Quick update: As of December '09 I've completed culinary school, working as a full time cook possibly in line for a sous position but still debating if I want to get stuck working corporate dining. Have been engaged to my high school sweetheart since last March, with planning (and payments, ugh) already underway to tie the knot this October. Finally down from around 1-2 cigarettes a day to 0 since New Years Eve, though I've still got to work harder to hit the gym like I resolved to do.

Gaming wise I no longer even own a PC. The motherboard on a 939 pin AMD box blew and I wasn't going to spend hundreds on a new board and chip just to replace it, so I sold off all my old gear and picked up a 10" HP Mini netbook and pretty much stick to the 360 to get my fix. Still miss WoW on occasion, but the stuff that is out for consoles makes not being able to play it, the later monkey island games, diablo, and BG bearable.

Anyway, I'll be trying to pop in more often, or at the very least lurking more. I'm just glad to see my favorite corner of the internet is still going strong :blush:
Nice to "see" you, grats on the wedding and quitting smoking.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hey hey.

Good to see old, familiar names are doing well.

Some of us oldschool Lurkers are still hiding in the shadows. :ph34r:
See you in Town,
-Z
Hey Urza, I don't play WoW anymore either. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and your career. My son got married last year and I'm going to be a grandpa. Nice to hear from you.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Quote:Hey Urza, I don't play WoW anymore either. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and your career. My son got married last year and I'm going to be a grandpa. Nice to hear from you.
I still have and use those bags you made for me though. :lol:They are on a mage alt currently.
Quote:I still have and use those bags you made for me though. :lol:They are on a mage alt currently.
That's great!
Quote:I still have and use those bags you made for me though. :lol:They are on a mage alt currently.

There are certain things I will not discard in WoW even if I don't have a use for them. Bags crafted by Alram or Mogoraindyn fall into that category.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:There are certain things I will not discard in WoW even if I don't have a use for them. Bags crafted by Alram or Mogoraindyn fall into that category.
I've still got one by Jarulf that I hang on to.

-Jester
Quote:There are certain things I will not discard in WoW even if I don't have a use for them. Bags crafted by Alram or Mogoraindyn fall into that category.
I am honored. Thank you.
I hope all is well with you these days.
It looks like you've still got the same toons:
Concillian -- 80 U Disc Priest
Conc -- 80 TAU Warrior
Concillianne -- 71 Tr Rogue

Based on the Lurker Lounge forums, it appears that The Lurkers are active on Terenas, but not on Stormrage anymore. I left around the time that the Lurkers were just beginning to enter the Molten Core in big raiding parties with other guilds. But now the Lurkers are big enough on Terenas to do it themselves?
I remember many nights when it was just 2 of us trying to get into a party to run an instance. I'd enjoy reading about the history of the guild these past couple of years -- if anyone would like to write it up.
Quote:I'd enjoy reading about the history of the guild these past couple of years -- if anyone would like to write it up.
A short summary for you. Maybe somebody else will wall of text it heh.

It was decided that for TBC we would try to recruit some to be able to run 25 man dungeons on our own. Jester was guild leader during this phase (though, as always, decisions were a group effort). We got to where we could do 25 man raids, though there was also a general feeling that it didn't go quite as planned. Not all of the new people meshed right and people in general just weren't happy with the struggle to make it work.

In wrath Conc became the guild leader and it was decided that we would focus on 10 man dungeons to avoid the trouble that we had with recruiting. This has gone pretty well and we now raid 3 nights a week, often getting two locks going. There is also a 25 man raid ran weekly that is organized by members of our guild with members of Keepers (a friendly other guild which you may recall from MC) which I hear is going quite quite well.

In addition to this, Blizzard has implemented a dungeon queue system that has revolutionized the way dungeons are ran. So it is very easy to find groups now. Most people simply ask in guild and if somebody replies they party with them. Then they use the queue system and it fills out the group with players from multiple servers. There are gear requirements which generally make the runs go decently (though there are always exceptions).

There is even a 5 man that is considered somewhat of a challenge still, though it is getting easier and easier and will likely soon be a cakewalk too.
Quote:Based on the Lurker Lounge forums, it appears that The Lurkers are active on Terenas, but not on Stormrage anymore.

"I'm not dead yet."
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Based on the Lurker Lounge forums, it appears that The Lurkers are active on Terenas, but not on Stormrage anymore.

We're very much around and progressing - we just don't seem to talk much on the forums. :/
Quote:We're very much around and progressing - we just don't seem to talk much on the forums. :/
The chatty ones are all on our side.

-Jester
I stayed away from the world that was warcraft:( I knew it wasn't going to be good to myself for personal reasons, and had never delved into it.

But with the release of Diablo 3.. Well, perhaps we may embrace the encounters to come.
The graphics engine looks very WoW-cloned, observing from screenshots. Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks for the updates. Though I don't play anymore I enjoyed hearing from y'all.