Wolfenstein 3D - 20 Years Later
Holy crap, it's been 20 years.

To celebrate, Bethesda software has released a free browser-based version of Wolfenstein 3D that includes all levels, even secret ones.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
They have also released it for i-devices. I'm having a ball playing it on my iphone!
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I still remember the terror that would shoot through me when I would be in a tight maze and I would hear the voice emote for a machine gun carrier...

Definitely going to give this a little spin.
That was the first game I played as a youngster. You can get it for I devices now?!
Quote:Sorry, your IP address shows you are coming from a country that requires us to block access to this particular site.

/rage

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-11-2012, 12:34 PM)Bolty Wrote: Holy crap, it's been 20 years.

To celebrate, Bethesda software has released a free browser-based version of Wolfenstein 3D that includes all levels, even secret ones.

This is the game which got me started playing computer games(at a ripe old age, I might add). I am finally outgrowing them, however. It has been a long time since I have found a game I truly enjoy and this includes D3.
I've been having a blast going back through and playing. I have to say, Playing on an iphone is an interesting experience. They added the ability to stafe, or run forward and back based on the gyro of the phone. It makes things interesting. I'm into Episode 4, Floor....7? On Bring it on... I'm not quite ready for Death Incarnate yet.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(05-21-2012, 03:02 PM)Thenryb Wrote: This is the game which got me started playing computer games(at a ripe old age, I might add). I am finally outgrowing them, however. It has been a long time since I have found a game I truly enjoy and this includes D3.

I wonder, is this possibly because there doesn't seem to be anything new in gaming for you? After all, Diablo III is really just Diablo II with better graphics and gameplay tweaks - the game, at its core, is the same thing.

I get the same impression from most games now, except that I still like the RPG genre and find myself drawn to them despite the formulaic nature. Not that I'd ever play a Final Fantasy game again (yeesh, they're all the exact same thing), but you know what I mean.

You may need a breath of fresh air - games that are a little more innovative. See, Wolfenstein 3D was incredibly innovative for its time, considering that realistic FPS 3D environments hadn't ever been done before in computer gaming. Have you tried any independent games lately, such as Braid?

I look at all the excitement at games like Modern Warfare 4 Or Whatever Version They're Up To Now, and I just don't get it. Then I look back to how excited I was when Quake 1 came out, and realize it's sort of like that to today's kids. The difference, of course, is that games are "cool" now, not the realm of geeks trying to tweak their PC configurations to get games to run. I need more Expanded Memory, dangit!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-13-2012, 09:09 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote:
Quote:Sorry, your IP address shows you are coming from a country that requires us to block access to this particular site.

/rage

take care
Tarabulus
Like what do they think? It's a training video? Schweinhunds!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(05-23-2012, 08:18 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 09:09 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote:

/rage

take care
Tarabulus
Like what do they think? It's a training video? Schweinhunds!

This made me laugh harder than anything else this year! Oh man, you have no idea...

I could explain, but my side still hurts.

THANK YOU!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Nuur,

Are you in Germany, or some close proximity to it?
(05-25-2012, 01:20 PM)shoju Wrote: Nuur,

Are you in Germany, or some close proximity to it?

Graz, Austria. And yeah, Verbotsgesetz, I know.

The hilarity was mostly related to H.C. Strache's past.

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Just trying to figure out why you wouldn't be able to check it out. THe only country I knew that Wolfenstein was banned in was Germany.
(05-27-2012, 12:19 PM)shoju Wrote: Just trying to figure out why you wouldn't be able to check it out. THe only country I knew that Wolfenstein was banned in was Germany.
Austria must have it's equivalent of Strafgesetzbuch section 86a. As for Mr. HC Strache... I would like drei bieren, Herr Staatmeister!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I'm currently stuck on a level.... It's the first time that I have found myself wishing for a full keyboard and mouse to play.