Shiny Prizes
(06-19-2012, 09:57 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Sub-50 definitely drops. I have had plenty of 40s in Act I/Inferno, without the reduced level requirement (really, an utterly useless modifier).

Reduced Level Requirement weapons are the best weapons leveling up. You can use a ilvl 63 weapon at level 48.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(06-18-2012, 07:52 PM)MonTy Wrote: How's everyone RMAH sales going? So far I've sold a few items, total of about $70. Biggest was my legendary ring which went for a disappointing $30 after relisting several times. Closest to that was a $10 amulet that had 400 life on hit and 100+ dex.

It seems high DPS DH two-handers are going insane amounts. Seen tons of people post about selling those for hundreds.

http://i.imgur.com/f6z1J.jpg Tongue

I was able to sell a Bul-Kathos Wedding Band (legendary) for $50 last night; random stats were +56 Dex and +14% Attack Speed. Yay for someone not reading the upcoming patch notes! Big Grin
(06-19-2012, 09:57 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Sub-50 definitely drops. I have had plenty of 40s in Act I/Inferno, without the reduced level requirement (really, an utterly useless modifier).

Say that to the level 48 Barbarian with a 600 DPS 1H. (Fine, fine, 586.5 DPS.)
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
All I can say is: Nightmare is easy enough as it is, so why would you want to twink?

It seems useless to me as the character that finds the item will always be higher than the base level-requirement of the item, so the reduction makes it useless to anything other than twinking. In addition, you level so fast in Diablo III that you hit the cap in no time anyway.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
My "twink" gear conists of red gems I'll stick into whatever new weapon I have to find as I level up. Anything other kind of twinking isn't worth the stash space considering how fast and easy leveling is.
(06-19-2012, 11:26 PM)FoxBat Wrote: My "twink" gear conists of red gems I'll stick into whatever new weapon I have to find as I level up. Anything other kind of twinking isn't worth the stash space considering how fast and easy leveling is.

Yeah, sticking a better-than-needed red gem in a weapon is usually more than enough.
--Mav
Not everyone races through levels 50-60 in the blink of an eye, y'know. Not having to change weapons throughout all of Hell would have made my first Barbarian's trip significantly easier.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Do DHs use quivers? I found this thing which seems to have great DH stats.

[Image: aj07K.gif]
(06-20-2012, 02:53 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Do DHs use quivers? I found this thing which seems to have great DH stats.

That's pretty sweet. Dex, Vit, crit, +% life. (the IAS is base on the quiver)
--Mav
(06-20-2012, 02:53 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Do DHs use quivers? I found this thing which seems to have great DH stats.

[Image: aj07K.gif]

No socket = no sale. Sad
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Most Demon Hunters use them. Some use shields, less dual-wield. Quivers are much better DPS. That is far better than any quiver I have ever found.
(06-20-2012, 04:00 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Most Demon Hunters use them. Some use shields, less dual-wield. Quivers are much better DPS. That is far better than any quiver I have ever found.

Do you want it? I have it up on the AH for an obscene price and will probably never sell. When it doesn't sell and I get it returned to me, you can have it.
(06-20-2012, 04:00 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Most Demon Hunters use them. Some use shields, less dual-wield. Quivers are much better DPS. That is far better than any quiver I have ever found.

I haven't touched a public game except joining one for the achievement. More demon hunters use shields than dual wielding? That seems really...surprising.
(06-20-2012, 04:17 AM)Trevan Wrote:

I haven't touched a public game except joining one for the achievement. More demon hunters use shields than dual wielding? That seems really...surprising.

If all you have to choose from is mediocre gear, a mediocre shield will most always be of better benefit than a mediocre dual wield. I think it's pretty often to see choices of +300 damage vs. +1000 armor. Not much of a choice.
(06-20-2012, 04:06 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Do you want it? I have it up on the AH for an obscene price and will probably never sell. When it doesn't sell and I get it returned to me, you can have it.

Thanks, but I am one of those who uses a shield. I prefer to keep alive that go the glass canon route.

Dual Wielding is a poor choice. Most use two-hander and quiver for the dramatically higher DPS over one-handers (Hand Crossbows are, frankly, crap). Getting two Hand Crossbows that are both good enough to justify dual wielding is pretty unlikely, whereas a high quality hand crossbow and a decent quiver has better odds for only a little less DPS. Shields provide survivability for those who aim for a balanced build, like myself.
(06-20-2012, 04:54 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 04:06 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Do you want it? I have it up on the AH for an obscene price and will probably never sell. When it doesn't sell and I get it returned to me, you can have it.

Thanks, but I am one of those who uses a shield. I prefer to keep alive that go the glass canon route.

Dual Wielding is a poor choice. Most use two-hander and quiver for the dramatically higher DPS over one-handers (Hand Crossbows are, frankly, crap). Getting two Hand Crossbows that are both good enough to justify dual wielding is pretty unlikely, whereas a high quality hand crossbow and a decent quiver has better odds for only a little less DPS. Shields provide survivability for those who aim for a balanced build, like myself.

From my time playing wow and my general experience with online gaming, most people make poor choices, knowingly and unknowingly. I make an intentionally poor choice with 2 weapon dual wielding because stylistically, I enjoy it. Some people do less than ideal skill builds because cookie cutter doesn't appeal to them. My expectation merely was that people would find dual wielding more stylistically appealing than using a shield , despite the fact using a shield would be mechanically more sound.
I dual wielded once, in Normal. Since then, I have not once found two Hand Crossbows of remotely the same DPS. In fact, I have rarely seen more than one in any given item tier. Definitely a cool option stylisticly, but the randomness of drops makes it pretty impractical (unless you can use the Auction House). That said, I would not drop my shield for a second weapon or quiver as I doubt I could survive Inferno without its protection.
This just might be the bestest item name ever:

[Image: JsvBI.jpg]
BEHOLD!
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
This ring was collecting dust-- I don't remember where I found it.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff247...hot047.jpg

It's nothing special... The real prize comes when it gets sold on the AH though

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff247...wtf2-1.png

It wasn't the best item I've gotten, but it certainly sold for the most thus far. :p
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Eh? I just do not get the Auction House. People sell things for crazy money; I cannot seem to sell anything. Had some melee weapons drop with 7-800 DPS, and over 100 to Str/Vit and some other things. Listed them for 2K. No sale. Had some armour drop, over 100 to Str/Vit and about 20 Resist All and reduced level requirement (down to 48). Listed for 2K. No sale. I thought they were bargains!