Sigh, let the duping begin.
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/item-...-20120611/

Well, at least Blizz is trying to stop it from becoming so widespread they can't stop it anymore. What's great about this is knowing that now that Blizz has to devote resources to stopping this because dickheads play the game, the 1.0.3 patch will obviously be delayed. Good move, scumbag cheaters. You're doing a wonderful job of spoiling the game for, well, everyone except yourselves. Selfish pricks.
Well, at least they immediately dropped the servers to fix it. I knew about this a couple days ago.
--Mav
Anybody here know how duping works in theory? I just don't get how it could work, if the server controls item generation and movement.
Forcing latency is usually the easiest way, if you want more information talk to me as it's probably best not to do so here.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
What I don't get is why they only blocked Asia while working on a hotfix. I really doubt the vulnerability was specific to just one realm.
(06-12-2012, 12:23 AM)FoxBat Wrote: What I don't get is why they only blocked Asia while working on a hotfix. I really doubt the vulnerability was specific to just one realm.

The hotfix that caused the vulnerability was only done in Asia.
--Mav
(06-11-2012, 10:49 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: Anybody here know how duping works in theory? I just don't get how it could work, if the server controls item generation and movement.

It required two players and a lot of trading, followed by forcing asynchronous rollbacks on each account. This way, money could be traded away and regained or crafting materials could be used and regained while keeping the crafting stuff.

As far as I know, this exploit does not work on US or EU servers. It was described in somewhat greater detail on the diablo.incgamers.com forum.
(06-12-2012, 02:10 AM)BellaStrega Wrote: It required two players and a lot of trading, followed by forcing asynchronous rollbacks on each account. This way, money could be traded away and regained or crafting materials could be used and regained while keeping the crafting stuff.

As far as I know, this exploit does not work on US or EU servers. It was described in somewhat greater detail on the diablo.incgamers.com forum.

Ah, forcing asynchronous rollbacks. OK, I can see how in theory that could work.