Happy Canada Day to my fellow hosers.
[Image: XFCXQ.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBI68Il4Zsc

edit:
[Image: 4We7x.gif]
Thanks, DeeBye!
Happy Canada to you and all others out there.

I do hope our neighbours to the south don't mind me saying so, but today already exemplifies my chauvinistic opinion that there is nowhere better in this world to be in July but beside a lake or river in Ontario. Pike Bay is a fine place to celebrate this day. Here is hoping you and yours will have some time beside the Thames today, or someplace else near the water to do your own celebrating.

Edit: T'was a fine day to be at Pike Bay. We watched fireworks over the water from numerous sources while sipping cold Ontario micro-brewery beer on the dock with two of my best neighbours. HeartHeart
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

(07-01-2012, 01:05 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: Here is hoping you and yours will have some time beside the Thames today, or someplace else near the water to do your own celebrating.

Trafalgar Square. Big Grin

Happy Canada Day. I'm not much of a nationalist, but I have to admit, it's a pretty nice place to be from.

-Jester
(07-01-2012, 01:05 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: Thanks, DeeBye!
Happy Canada to you and all others out there.

I do hope our neiggbours to the south don't mind me saying so, but today already exemplifies the my chauvinistic opinion that there is nowhere better in this world to be in July but beside a lake or river in Ontario. Pike Bay is a fine place to celebrate this day. Here is hoping you and yours will have some time beside the Thames today, or someplace else near the water to do your own celebrating.

I've been up to Victoria in July, and wish I could be there every July till it cools down here, so, no, I don't mind at all. Big Grin

And happy celebration, too. Tongue
--Mav
[Image: canadaday.jpeg]

Unfortunately I'm working two open houses here, but since the weather is balls here with a side of more rain I don't feel too bad about it yet. Still bloody happy I live here though. Happy Canada day folks!
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
What, exactly, in your own words, is a hoser? Or an hoser, if that is more correct?

I was wondering why a neighbor was flying an orange maple leaf from their balcony last night.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(07-01-2012, 07:35 PM)LavCat Wrote: What, exactly, in your own words, is a hoser? Or an hoser, if that is more correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184

(07-01-2012, 07:35 PM)LavCat Wrote: I was wondering why a neighbor was flying an orange maple leaf from their balcony last night.

The only thing I can think of is that your neighbour is Dutch-Canadian.

(07-01-2012, 07:34 PM)VinnieJones Wrote: [Image: canadaday.jpeg]

I was totally going to post that picture today.
(07-01-2012, 08:34 PM)DeeBye Wrote:
(07-01-2012, 07:35 PM)LavCat Wrote: What, exactly, in your own words, is a hoser? Or an hoser, if that is more correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184

Good to get your own words, but now at least I know from which zone Thomas Miller is from.
(07-01-2012, 09:36 PM)LavCat Wrote: Good to get your own words, but now at least I know from which zone Thomas Miller is from.

A hoser is just a stereotypical Canadian. We enjoy beer, hockey, barbecues on long weekends, spending time outdoors, and The Log Driver's Waltz.

I had a decent Canada Day. I didn't spend too much time outside because it was so damned hot, but I did watch the Jays game and Free Agent Frenzy on TV and barbecued up some steaks for the family. Now I'm relaxing and enjoying a beer.

*edit: many beers
This may be sacrilege being an American, but I actually found SCTV to be much funnier than Saturday Night Live when I was younger, sorry to say.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Ah, good old Don Cherry.

I'm a bit late to the party, but enjoy the rest of the year as much as Canada Day, dear Canucks! May I happen upon the funds to finally visit you soon.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
So I have to ask. Is it a Canadian thing, or a Hockey thing to wear the wide pinstripe suits?

[Image: Barry-Melrose_display_image.jpg?1321827914]

I'm not much of a hockey fan, but whenever I see hockey 'announcer/analysts' they have the goatee, and the suit.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(07-02-2012, 11:30 AM)shoju Wrote: So I have to ask. Is it a Canadian thing, or a Hockey thing to wear the wide pinstripe suits?

[Image: Barry-Melrose_display_image.jpg?1321827914]

I'm not much of a hockey fan, but whenever I see hockey 'announcer/analysts' they have the goatee, and the suit.

The most important part is actually the mullet! Few people can wear it proudly, Barry being one, McGyver another.

Big Grin

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Speaking of Canada... what's the plural of moose?

Moosi, meese, mooses, meece, mosonic, mosque, maurice rocket richard?
(07-03-2012, 11:36 PM)Ashock Wrote: Speaking of Canada... what's the plural of moose?

Moose.
(07-04-2012, 12:09 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(07-03-2012, 11:36 PM)Ashock Wrote: Speaking of Canada... what's the plural of moose?

Moose.

Damn, I really thought it was maurice rocket richard
(07-04-2012, 12:57 AM)Ashock Wrote: Damn, I really thought it was maurice rocket richard

The hoser in me knows of 2 hockey players with the nickname "Moose" off by heart - Mark Messier and Johan Hedberg.
(07-02-2012, 11:30 AM)shoju Wrote: So I have to ask. Is it a Canadian thing, or a Hockey thing to wear the wide pinstripe suits?

I think it's a new world thing. Smile

I'm still waiting for an invitation from someone canadian to come and visit. I imagine it being like sweden, only bigger and cheaper beer.
(07-04-2012, 07:29 AM)eppie Wrote: I imagine it being like sweden, only bigger and cheaper beer.
It's bigger and more diverse. I would juxtapose the Calgary Stampede with Quebec's Le Sacrilège.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

A bit late, but I've been listening to Dar Williams' O Canada Girls today.