So, who's already pre-ordered?
I've already paid for my copy of WotLK, and because of the way my work schedule is (I work 3rd shift, generous time off), I can pick it up here in town at midnight on the 13th and be in Northrend before dawn.:D:D

(I missed BC launch with the Springfield Ice Storm of 2007)

Edit: I'm normally off Thurs/Fri/Sat anyway. I just took 5 hours of PTO to get out at 11 PM Wednesday night, too. :shuriken:
--Mav
Quote:I've already paid for my copy of WotLK, and because of the way my work schedule is (I work 3rd shift, generous time off), I can pick it up here in town at midnight on the 13th and be in Northrend before dawn.:D:D
(I missed BC launch with the Springfield Ice Storm of 2007)

Me! Normal work day, though.:(
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Me! Normal work day, though.:(
Same, however I am having my copy delivered so it doesn't really matter. I figure I'll start up once I get home. I might take that Friday off from work to get rolling early in the day.:)
-TheDragoon
I'll be the usual party pooper and state that I'll be doing what I did for TBC: go to the store on release day, pick it up amongst the dozens of copies available, and wonder what all the pre-order fuss is about.

*shrug*

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hi,

Pre-ordered two copies with overnight delivery from GameStop a long while ago. Magi's copy *will* be installed. Not sure that it will run on this machine, right now I have a slide show here, so we'll see.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:I'll be the usual party pooper and state that I'll be doing what I did for TBC: go to the store on release day, pick it up amongst the dozens of copies available, and wonder what all the pre-order fuss is about.

*shrug*

-Bolty

Yeah, I would have done the same had it been a 'normal' day, but I wanted one at midnight, since I'm customarily awake for that now. Now I can just walk in, show my receipt, take my copy, and leave.

--Mav
Based on TBC's issues with pre-orders, I'm not pre-ordering.

If you count Fry's, EB / Gamestop type stores, Target, Wal-mart, mom and pop shops, etc... I have like 40 stores that will be carrying it within a 5 mile radius of home or work, and I consider that a lot more reliable than hoping whoever I preordered from shipped it at the right time or whatever.

I'm not concerned. Blizzard knows how big their market is now, I don't think we'll have any stock issues at launch. At least not in my area where there's a million geeks, but just as many stores.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I've preordered 2 copies. One for me, and one for Aranea. I thought that it was released on Thursday night, so have Friday off...but I'll be there at midnight on Wed night, work thurs, and then go to it...with friday and the following week off.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I'll probably pick up my copy from a local game store on launch day. Did the same thing with TBC launch, and there was no shortage of stock.

Then I shall roll my unholy cow.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I have two copies (one Collector's Edition, one not) on order with my local Gamestop. My wife or I will be hitting the midnight release party on Wednesday to get our copies (one of us has to stay home with the sleeping kiddos), and I'll no doubt be up later than I should that night.

I am taking the following week off from work, despite the fact that Tuesday maintenance will be frustrating to be home during, since I have too much vacation time saved up and our company doesn't let us carry any over to the next year.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
I'm still not sure I'm even getting the expansion so I obviously didn't pre-order. :)

Mostly that's because with my current schedule change and other time commitments and another potential major change in time availabilty in the next few months I'm deciding if I'll get enough value from it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
My parents are giving it to me as a birthday gift and they pre-ordered it (along with three more copes, one for each of my younger brothers and my dad). I expect to get it around noon on the 13th.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:i dont like this mode,looks ugly

Sometimes I wonder who programs bots.
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Yup, me and Gabi preordered!
Terenus: (Horde)
Kosch -- Shammy lvl 74
Kramm -- Rogue lvl 70
Xentha -- Dark Knight lvl 55

Doomhammer: (Alliance)
Ganalon Mage Lvl 60
Got it around 10 AM today.:)(Unfortunately none of the features are available yet.)
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
preordered it about... a year ago? just after it was announced. Collector's edition of course. So I have 3 collector's editions.

ps. People love the mini panda from CE1:D
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Don't have it pre-ordered. I'm just gonna walk into the store and grab it. Just like I did with WoW, and just like I did with BC.

I'd like to get the collector's edition, but, really, it's a not a huge priority.
Just got back from Fry's at lunch.

Guy in front of me had 2 copies plus a CE. Little old Chinese woman at the register says as I plop my copy down on the counter: "Eeevrybody buy dis today!", then made a tally mark on her folded over sheet of paper that was over half full with tally marks.

I looked down at the row of registers and there are probably 20 registers open... I was in the store like 5 minutes and saw 8 copies in various people's hands.

And this is a Fry's 2 blocks from a Wal-Mart that also has a Gamestop in the same shopping center, who are probably also doing brisk Wrath business.

It's a good day for retailers.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:It's a good day for retailers.
UPS just came with my two copies! Now I am waiting in queue to get into Stormrage. Not even going to try Tichondrius.

Last night about 1:30 am a friend whispered me that she was not sure she was going to buy the expansion, even though she was in the beta and enjoyed it. I talked her into it. She woke up her husband to let him know she was going to Walmart and about an hour later she had a baby bloodnight.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I spent an enjoyable 4 hours outside the mall (they wouldn't let us sit inside) talking with several other folks in line about the game (I was #2 in line). It was nice, as few folks in my offline social circle play WoW, and the few that do...don't play at the level I do. So it was fun to chat to someone who knew what I was talking about when talking about some of the fun on RoS, last second "starfired to death" Razuvious', etc, that sort of thing.
~Not all who wander are lost...~