Quick Poll to the International Members of The Lounge!
I am aware of it (there are more than enough American movies and TV shows telling us year after year), but I do not tend to think of it. I only realise the day after (because we are most of a day ahead of you) when the Internet is full of American flags.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(07-05-2012, 06:16 PM)shoju Wrote: I'm coming to realize that this was just a guy who ordered something at 5pm, and expected that his order was going to be handled, and shipped out instantaneously. His nationality has become less the issue, and its more about him being NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

That's what it sounds like. Even if you have a huge text banner page with sound that says you are closed on such and such date for the following reason, some people will still not read it.

I've also dealt with people who don't know the holidays of the country they live in, never mind some other country.

Common thread in all this, stupidity knows no boundaries of any sort.
Well, when I order something, I don't expect them to deliver on whenever the hell a holiday is given a proper explanation. I don't go on some long rant due to the fact I failed to realize the nature of where I was ordering from and start cussing people like a vindictive douchebag.

That customer can go shove it.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(07-09-2012, 12:10 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Common thread in all this, stupidity knows no boundaries of any sort.

I don't think it's stupidity as much as it is the increasing sense of self-entitlement people have. I want <this> right now at <low cost> because I think I deserve it and I AM GOING TO YELL VERY LOUDLY LIKE A 4 YEAR OLD THROWING A TEMPER TANTRUM UNTIL I GET MY WAY!

I recently got out of working retail, and saw this daily. The worst part is that those loud-yelling jerks often get their way, which just reinforces their behavior.
(07-09-2012, 03:21 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I don't think it's stupidity as much as it is the increasing sense of self-entitlement people have. I want <this> right now at <low cost> because I think I deserve it and I AM GOING TO YELL VERY LOUDLY LIKE A 4 YEAR OLD THROWING A TEMPER TANTRUM UNTIL I GET MY WAY!

I personally still group it under 'stupid', but yes it's incredible how some people think everything orbits around them.

On a sidetrack, I was originally going to put a tantrum pic with the caption of "but I'm A CUSTOMER!!!1111". We had a spontaneous psychic connection there for a second.

Quote:I recently got out of working retail, and saw this daily. The worst part is that those loud-yelling jerks often get their way, which just reinforces their behavior.

I wasn't in retail exactly, but I had similar duties dealing with general customers. Unfortunately yes, depending on the manager\supervisor\owner, sometimes these dickbags do get their ways. Sometimes they don't, and those moments gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling.

We should swap 'war' stories.

<----was cussed out (don't care, thick skin buff activated) verbally threatened with assault (most don't have the balls to do anything other than flap gums, a few suddenly demured when I asked them if they just threatened me with assault) was assaulted by one psycho, but I still got off light comparatively speaking. A co-worker of mine had to deal with one psycho 'customer' who tried to follow him home.
(07-09-2012, 04:27 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: We should swap 'war' stories.

I have too many to tell. The worst I ever saw was an older, well-dressed man that literally started screaming at the top of his lungs in the middle of the store. He wanted to buy some soup that was on sale, but the particular flavour he wanted was sold out. The store had plenty of Chicken Noodle, Vegetable, and Cream of Mushroom flavours, but he wanted Tomato. When he saw that the store had no Tomato soup cans left for sale he went into a rage.

This guy straight up acted like a screaming child having a temper tantrum because he couldn't buy a 30-cent can of soup. It was then that I lost a lot of hope for humanity, and promised myself that I will never get angry about a 30-cent can of soup.
*throws a 30c can of soup at DeeBye, hitting him in the head*

Peace, eh brother?

Wink
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(07-05-2012, 02:51 PM)shoju Wrote: I'm looking for input from members of the Lurker Lounge who are not American.

Do you know, (without looking obviously) what Yesterday was in the US?

It is Tom Cruise' birthday right?
Why would you close down for that....or does he have his scientology friends pressure you?
(07-09-2012, 05:43 AM)DeeBye Wrote: When he saw that the store had no Tomato soup cans left for sale he went into a rage.

Bob woke up to a great day. The sun was shining and he could hear birds chirping outside his window and kids playing next door. His loving wife had his breakfast all ready when he got downstairs. He loved his breakfast, the same one she had made for him every morning of their 30 year marriage, eggs over hard, thick cut bacon, sausage patties and a large glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.

The drive to work was a breeze, making every light and arriving 15 minutes early. He was able to enjoy some coffee and glance through the paper before he sat down at his desk.

Then it started. The phone rang and it was his boss. "Bob, did you know the assembly line is shut down? We're waiting on those widgets you were supposed to order! Get them here, NOW!" He jumped on the phone to check on his order. "What do you mean it was a holiday? I don't care about your holiday! My boss is threatening to find a new orifice for his boot. I ordered it overnight and I wanted it overnight. SHIP IT NOW, OR ELSE!" He didn't know what the or else might be, but he was mad. He called his boss to tell him he had handled it. "Bob, this has cost us thousands. I'm tired of you not knowing what holidays are being celebrated. You're fired!" Bob packed his things and took the walk of shame to the car and drove home.

As he pulled into the driveway, he saw his wife and some guy 20 years his junior shoving everything into a truck and trailer. His wife, looking a bit surprised, said, "Why are you home already? You had to pick today to change your routine? This is Brent and we've been together a whole week. I'm leaving you and going with him because I just can't take your same old boring routine anymore!" They jumped in the truck and pulled out of the driveway, the trailer scraping on the curb from being weighed down with all his worldly goods.

He went inside to find she left him his smelly old recliner that she always hated. He slumped into the comfort of his old friend and tried to make sense of the day. His head just kept spinning and he realized he was hungry. He went to the kitchen to see what was there. He found an old dented pot and a little milk, a day past the expiration, in the fridge. He decided to head to the store.

He went in and grabbed a cart. He decided he would make himself some burgers. He found a new skillet, a few utensils and a couple plates and glasses. He got some hamburger and some buns. He got cheese and a tomato and ketchup. He got chocolate milk. He was starting to feel better and was looking forward to a good meal so he went to the checkout. The checker rang everything up and he handed her his credit card. "I'm sorry sir, but they're declining your card." She had even canceled his credit cards! He apologized and quickly headed for the door. As he was pulling his keys out of his pocket, he heard the jingle of change. He thought of the pot and milk back at the house. He headed back into the store and to the soup aisle. He was lucky. Soup was on sale and he would have enough to cover one can. He remembered when he was a little boy and wasn't feeling well so his mom made tomato soup for him. He looked on the shelves and they had plenty of Chicken Noodle, Vegetable, and Cream of Mushroom. There was no tomato. He broke!

As he was screaming out the rage at this worst of days, a nice young man came up to him. He thought the young man said his name was DB or something like that. The young man put his arm around Bob's shoulder and said, "Can I help you?"
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Loch, you are the man.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-10-2012, 12:17 PM)Bolty Wrote: Loch, you are the man.

Blush Big Grin
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(07-09-2012, 12:55 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: The young man put his arm around Bob's shoulder and said, "Can I help you?"

I'd never actually touch a customer.

Great story though Smile
(07-11-2012, 04:51 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'd never actually touch a customer.

And in the rare occasions where you do, you know where the nearest bottle of Purell is, right?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
(07-09-2012, 11:17 AM)eppie Wrote: It is Tom Cruise' birthday right?
Why would you close down for that....or does he have his scientology friends pressure you?

No silly. It's the anniversary of the day that Captain Steven Hiller and Doctor David Levinson liberated the world from the tyranny of the alien invaders! Long live President (and fighter pilot ace) Thomas J. Whitmore!
The one thing I always try and remember is that when there is a problem with an order, or an item, or something that the customer is unhappy, they have a right to be. As long as people are able to keep cool heads, I'm ok. I'm a rational type of guy about a lot.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I had an irate patron today. I thought best not to put my arms around him.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."