DIII, worth the time?
Still having fun, all five toons, one each class, mucking about in NM.

I don't understand the negative waves. *shrugs*

Fun is indeed where one finds it.

KoP is in Hell HC with a melee wizard. He understands fun.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I'm about 2 1/2 levels from having fun myself. :p
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I'm in the beginning of act2 inferno with 2 level 60 toons (wizard and barbarian) and that's where I hit a glass wall where I get pulverized and enter the mandatory "you have to buy better equipment off the Auction house" phase. Everything before that has been good, especially since the last patch which did wonders for balance.

Now working on my level 56 demon hunter to get him to inferno. Seeing other players, I think the demon hunter is one of the best inferno difficulty classes.

I heard minion-based witch doctors now work, so I'll dust off my level 38 WD again soon. I loved the minions, didn't want to build him as a caster which the game used to force you to do in nightmare and beyond.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Yea, the scaling for Act 2 Inferno was very poor at release.

However, inferno's been nerfed twice, so it's really up to the player. If one is trying to beat it and can't, it's their fault. (Or they didn't use the AH, which I guess is still an issue)
(08-29-2012, 02:07 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: .

That's because you never played Inferno yet. Then again, with the 1.04 patch, Inferno is MUCH easier now than it was before, so you will never get to experience it as I and others who reached it during 1.03 or before. The 1.04 nerf was even bigger than the previous one, and the new leveling system has made it much more fun overall. I have no time for gaming now though, as my fall semester at Uni just started.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(08-29-2012, 09:53 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 02:07 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: .

That's because you never played Inferno yet. Then again, with the 1.04 patch, Inferno is MUCH easier now than it was before, so you will never get to experience it as I and others who reached it during 1.03 or before. The 1.04 nerf was even bigger than the previous one, and the new leveling system has made it much more fun overall. I have no time for gaming now though, as my fall semester at Uni just started.
Did you also walk up hill both ways to school during blizzards in the middle of a desert?

Suggestion: focus on the Uni, not on the whinging.
In Memory of Pete
In before someone states that back in their day, you had to click repeatedly to attack a monster. :3 And that stupid bitch lived across the river so you had to walk (at that slow speed too!) very far.

Although I will say Inferno was never impossible. Pre-1.03 it was beatable, but it was the equivalent of using sandpaper as toilet paper. 1.03 was doable with a dedicated effort, and you really had no one to blame but yourself if you failed in softcore. Truthfully at that point I usually only died due to my own retardation. 1.04 should not get complaints for difficulty, unless you are playing hardocre and it lags. But it's quite a boon to hardcore.

The complaints were always centered around certain unreasonable affix combos that made them much harder than the rest of the stage. It was just weird that Joe Nobody elite pack is mightier than Diablo. There were also a bit of a damage spikes in place (Fire Grates in Act 3). And then there was just act 4, which is very poor from a gameplay standpoint. (Very short, and some of the most ridiculous monsters in the game including oppressors.)

Hardcore is actually extremely fun, though the lag and the 10 second disconnect policy prevents it from becoming a widespread option, sadly.

It's a problem when certain mechanics of the game will kill you in one hit (or almost kill you) when they can be easily dodged sounds good in theory. Problem is that lag is a consistent variable in this game, and it becomes less great of an idea.

All assumes AH usage.
(08-30-2012, 10:30 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: In before someone states that back in their day, you had to click repeatedly to attack a monster.

Having played only the beta, I thought one still clicked repeatedly to attack a monster?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-30-2012, 04:57 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 10:30 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: In before someone states that back in their day, you had to click repeatedly to attack a monster.

Having played only the beta, I thought one still clicked repeatedly to attack a monster?

Ever since Diablo 2, you could hold down the button to attack instead of burning down your mouse button.

However, that habit from D1 still remains. Big Grin
*Hardcore is actually extremely fun, though the lag and the 10 second disconnect policy prevents it from becoming a widespread option, sadly.*

Just ran across that yesterday. The ten second thing. Sad
In Memory of Pete
(09-03-2012, 11:28 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: *Hardcore is actually extremely fun, though the lag and the 10 second disconnect policy prevents it from becoming a widespread option, sadly.*

Just ran across that yesterday. The ten second thing. Sad

That is unfortunate. RIP. I think if they made it like 5 seconds, it wouldn't be abusable and it would give you a chance. Still for the thrill of the moment, where any moment can be your last, hardcore is still really good. Aside from disconnects and lag, there's also freedom from the whines of the tainted softcore economy and other softcore problems (Repair costs after death? You don't repair anyways!)

Battletag's in sig if you need anything. Not that I have much to offer anyways. :p

Blizzard, IMO, has been unusually receptive as of late about changing the game according to the community's wishes, so it's not impossible for these changes to be made. Personally, to everyone that has left D3, I elect the date of 6 months after the expansion to give it a serious look again-- I think it'll be a different landscape by that point. I'm much more optimistic atm, though certainly I'm still going to rant. I ranted about d2 too, after all. Wink
Wink 
Didn't we all? Big Grin
In Memory of Pete
(09-03-2012, 07:22 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Didn't we all? Big Grin

Perhaps. A lot of people who think I'm too harsh on D3 probably don't know me well enough. I said a lot of not so nice things about D2 as well. Well, most of those posts are gone by now, (that incgamers site lost their forums.) But you can find quite a bit of bashing on these boards alone (Headline: Cheaters ruin realms, Blizzard twiddles their thumbs, and TPPK'ers run amuck, hardcore citzens refuse to go out in public)

Truth is, the truly deserving games managed to stand out in the end regardless of all the poo-pooing it gets.

I'm a quick one to burn bridges if I see no hope. Applies to movies, shows, and games. If I'm still around, it means I derive some kind of pleasure, regardless of how demented it is. Wink