The Undermine Journal
I stumbled across a tool which I'm finding useful so I thought I would share it.

It's called The Undermine Journal, and it's a site that refreshes and records WOW AH activity across all realms.

For example, Mongo Jerry and I were chatting one day about Inscriptions. This TUJ site has details on crafts -- such as a handy "Hot List" that shows which Inscriptions are worth doing and the current average price. At that time, I was finding tons of people selling popular Inscriptions for a fraction of their value, so I bought hundreds of them and piled them up in my bank and waited for the winds to change. They did within a few weeks and I was able to multiply my investment 10 fold.

I feel that most WOW players are pretty reckless in their approach to the AH in general, which leads to commodity volatility. This is hard for people who craft up a bunch of stuff spending hundreds of gold, only to find that the AH is glutted with the same items at ridiculously low prices (below cost). This tool helps me to know what to craft, and when to craft.

And, I'm often unsure what is a reasonable price to put on things. So another thing I use TUJ for is to help me determine a reasonable price (adjusted for what we know about our realms population).
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

This certainly is a better strategy than mine.

Have personal Guild bank, 5 tabs.
Whenever you have nifty stuff, that you don't "need" send to GM of that guild.
Deposit
When you can no longer cram anything else in guild bank, unload it all on the AH on a "busy" weekend, and enjoy.

I always found myself competing with guildies for crafted items on the AH, and I'm just not a cutthroat kind of guy. The only time I ever actively sold crafted mats on teh AH was in ICC when I made 85k gold off of Arrows, allowing me to prepare for Server First ENG.

Sadly, I missed out on Server First ENG (I was at ~510 when they hit 525) and my investment was for naught.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright