Mechwarrior Online
Anyone else looking at this (or in through Founder's)? So far it's pretty good. It's another FPS, but with Mechs instead of the standard fair of soldiers/what have you.

It brings a lot from the table top BattleTech game as well as the fun of the prior Mechwarrior games. Highly recommend it if you ever played any of the other. Once they do take it out of Beta and completely launch it, it is planned to be a F2P game with microtransactions if you don't get in on the Founders right away.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(08-20-2012, 05:58 PM)Lissa Wrote: Anyone else looking at this (or in through Founder's)? So far it's pretty good. It's another FPS, but with Mechs instead of the standard fair of soldiers/what have you.

It brings a lot from the table top BattleTech game as well as the fun of the prior Mechwarrior games. Highly recommend it if you ever played any of the other. Once they do take it out of Beta and completely launch it, it is planned to be a F2P game with microtransactions if you don't get in on the Founders right away.

Been beta testing it awhile. I miss the old Mechwarrior games. This game nails everything about them, except the atmosphere. Deathmatch just doesn't suit Mechwarrior for my tastes. Still, other than that it's a solid game. Worth looking into. I've held off on Founder's since its inception, but it seems like a game I might pick up and play occasionally. Unfortunately, that's the problem - a game that requires heavy time investment, that equally doesn't hook me enough to invest said time. Maybe once the game gets fleshed out more I'll enjoy it more, but for now it just has no hooks other than it being a Mechwarrior game. Hardcore fans of the tabletop and the SP games will love the mechs, the mechanics, the customization, all the nitty gritty stuff that makes it an awesome addition to the franchise. I just miss the broader strokes. I miss the tension and story, and the mechanics alone just aren't enough to suck me in.

On an only slightly related note, I'm beta testing two other games at the moment - only one of which has me hooked. One of those two is End of Nations, a Command & Conquer F2P MMORTS that is (literally) the spiritual successor to C&C. Looks solid, though it still has a long ways to go (it's in an alpha / beta state). The other game I can't talk about (NDA), but it is also in an early beta state. It's going to be my primary game for a long time coming, provided I don't burn out on it before it release.

Back on topic, I highly recommend any fans of the old MW games to check out MWO. It is a very faithful addition.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
being F2P I might be interested in checking it out.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(08-23-2012, 10:25 PM)Roland Wrote: The other game I can't talk about (NDA), but it is also in an early beta state. It's going to be my primary game for a long time coming, provided I don't burn out on it before it release.

That is just outright cruel! Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(08-24-2012, 03:40 PM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(08-23-2012, 10:25 PM)Roland Wrote: The other game I can't talk about (NDA), but it is also in an early beta state. It's going to be my primary game for a long time coming, provided I don't burn out on it before it release.

That is just outright cruel! Wink

Since the NDA has been lifted, it's Planetside 2. It's awesome. That is all.
Roland *The Gunslinger*