November News/Discussion
Considering that I am roleplaying my own death knight as an evil you-know-what, I didn't have a problem with them at all.

My paladin would have refused, obviously.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I think people need to take a steo back and realize it's a game, even if you're big into roleplaying and are on RP servers. This isn't Fallout, where you can talk your way out of most fights if you don't like fighting; in WoW, you kill it, loot it, and do it again. Personally, I've got no problems with torturing Alliance scum - their fault they're on the wrong side.

But then again, I haven't played WoW in a couple months now, instead playing L4D and other games while I wait for WotLK to mature. Maybe it really is gory and nasty and evil... but I think it's just some weenies are getting a little too into the game.

Honestly... I can't see really using WoW as a storyline-motivated game, like you might with Fallout or Planescape Torment. I like some plot to my quests (I loved the Ghostlands chains back at the start of TBC, even if it did mean I had to be a frooty little elf), but the main draw to WoW, imo, are the friends you play with and the fun that comes from getting that next big piece of gear.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote: The PvE vs PvP debate will never end. PvP's an afterthought tacked onto an otherwise great PvE game. PvE is too easy, and if you want real WoW challenges, play against other real life people, not scripted encounters. Personally, I don't think that there'll ever be a solution that'll make even most folks happy about this. But...can PvP and PvE folks co-exist? Can a PvP oriented and focused guild make the cut?

Yep.

It IS very difficult to start a dedicated PvP guild, for many reasons listed in the article. But can it be done? Sure.

On my very own server, there's a very successful PvP guild - they run public premades every week (they did, anyway; I imagine they're leveling and doing other stuff right now) and I frequently joined them, often enough that they usually asked me if I wanted in before they got things rolling. We once dominated AV for an entire AV weekend - Friday through Monday morning, 24 hours a day. Obviously this isn't a frequent occurrance and no one played 24 hours straight (most of us were doing something like four on, two off in cycles), but someone from their guild was running it. They apparently set it up weeks in advance and their members arranged a schedule that they'd adhere to for the weekend so that things would run smoothly. We also killed all five leaders at least once a month, usually over a weekend, and always alerting the Alliance scum at least a week in advance:)

But what's important is that the guild shouldn't just be pure PvP - you gotta take a break eveery now and then for some PVe, and indeed, the guild in question periodically took a week off here and there to do some PvE content.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Nov. 25 News

~~~
It's been 4 years and 2 days since WoW first launched, and Blizzard celebrated their 4th Anniversary in style giving folks who logged on a Feat of Strength Achievement, and an Account bound non combat pet, the "Blizzard Baby Bear". It's a nice touch, I think. If you've been playing since the release, you've given Blizzard $720 bucks (Assuming you paid $15/month, and not some other deal). With that in mind...do you feel you've gotten your money's worth out of Blizzard? I haven't given them $720 personally, but I have given them pretty close to that amount. Looking back and thinking about it...I've gotten my money's worth.

Ghostcrawler addresses that "AoE fun times" with a short post detailing a couple changes to Shaman, Druids ,and Rogues.

With the xpack has come a bunch of new materials to harvest. Of course, there are going to be ninja's and the like who wait for someone to clear out a pat and take the node. At worst, they pretend ignorance that you were going for the node, at worst they mock you some and thank you for taking the pat for them before heading off. Is there some way to deal with these kinds of folks? A debuff of some sort is suggested (can't mine/herb for the next 15m?) but...how would you apply it. How would it the game know if someone was a ninja or not? Is there some way to 'fix' this, or is it just groan and move on?

Wow is serious business, and this xpack means business. There are a ton of mobs to kill, plagues to spread or defeat, undead everywhere, but there's got to be some time for fun somewhere, right? There are a lot of funny things in this xpack, if you know where to look.
~Not all who wander are lost...~