Another apparent change
It used to be that flying low over Wintergrasp would dismount you but loan you a parachute. They took away the parachute.

And as another small annoyance, the unusual compass from the fishing daily now has no sell price.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I flew over Wintergrasp extensively, farming for ore to level engineering. They opened up flying there without getting dismounted (in between battles) some time ago. However, I did find a couple of spots near the edge, particularly close to the keep on the Alliance side, where there seems to be a pocket that dismounts you. I don't believe this is intentional, merely a glitch. I've noticed a spot in Dalaran, over Thread of Fate, I believe, that does the same. I believe the game simply reads that area as being inside a building, even though you are not, and dismounts you.
Shannon
[Image: xop502.png]
Nope. I get dismounted no matter what edge of the zone I enter. Fortunately tonight I landed in a lake and not on the sharp rocks.
Wintersgrasp is particularly annoying since it's smack dab between Dalaran and the 1/3rd of Northrend. You are forced to fly the outer legs of the triangle to avoid the deadly hypotenuse.

Dismount seems a bit different in other zones too. I'm maybe not the only one; Sometimes when flying to a distant place I send myself off in what I believe to be the correct trajectory. Then, I run off to change the dryer load, grab some kibble or make some tea. It seemed to me that before if you "hit the sky" your mount would stall and grunt excessively, however now it seems sometimes that after a time you get dismounted as well. It was more pronounced for me around the tricky elevation changes in kalimdor and around Hyjal especially. Although I was also more apt to aim and miss more there.

In response, I now tend to go to a near flight point rather than "fire and forget", which is cheaper than gear repair after recovering a corpse. And, the worst case where your toon, left on it's own to auto fly, goes out to sea or right off the world and dies of fatigue. Hello, rez sickness and pricey repair bill.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I am sick of dying on the rocks going off to fish for ghostfish. Twice in her life this character has died in combat versus more times than I can count trying to fly into or around Wintergrasp. This is not a fun mechanic. If they really want to keep people from Wintergrasp, port them out after a few seconds the way they used to.

Plus I haven't yet figured out a way to do the Wintergrasp fishing quest other than hoping to land in water. Yes I know all my characters above level one are engineers but some engineers are more lazy than others.

Sorry for the rant. (But not too sorry.)
Is the Wintergrasp portal still active in Dalaran? Check your faction's pvp NPC area in the city, it used to port you right to your faction's starting base in there.
(12-05-2012, 06:26 PM)Krumble Wrote: Is the Wintergrasp portal still active in Dalaran? Check your faction's pvp NPC area in the city, it used to port you right to your faction's starting base in there.

I checked. I saw no portal even though our faction held the fortress. The battlemaster I spoke with said to come back closer to the next battle for a port. When I tried that, he told me I was not old enough (74). I don't know what level is required now. Would have been nice if he had mentioned that.

Going to rant mode again, I still do not understand what was wrong with letting low level characters into Wintergrasp that they banned it. No, I never had my level one paladin in battle, but I have chatted with level one and level two characters I met in Wintergrasp.

There was about half a year when Wintergrasp was my favorite thing to do in the whole game. Now I can't even figure out how I am supposed to fish.