What did you look like as a child?
This is me in the 1970's. I really liked hotdogs and orange crush back then, and things haven't changed much.

[Image: piczd1jn9.jpg]

I'd love to have a shirt like that right now, and the beautiful streaming blond hair.
The earliest photo I have of me is mid-80's, aged 11 or 12. Warning: I didn't learn to smile until I was an adult...

[Image: Image13.png]
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:The earliest photo I have of me is mid-80's, aged 11 or 12. Warning: I didn't learn to smile until I was an adult...

[Image: Image13.png]

I love the socks.
The mailman.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:I'd love to have a shirt like that right now, and the beautiful streaming blond hair.

I had beautiful blond hair like that in the seventies, too. I think Pac Man stole the color or something, because it darned near faded to black by the time I started school.
This was 1965, I had my own shipping company, and I was pals with John Jr.

[Image: Russ_4yrs.jpg]
The only way they could get me to stand still was to offer me that ball. Did you notice the bandage on my finger? It was from poking my fingers where they shouldn't be, like the stove as I recall. Needless to say, sugar and caffeine were kept away from me until I was like 14 and they couldn't stop me from getting it anymore.

My mom dressed me until I was about 8 (and I rebelled), and she combed my hair to give it that swoop thingy too. Her pet peeves were that my hands and face were perpetually dirty, and I put holes in all my new pants within a week. The Sears jeans "Tough Skins" were invented because of me. I remember being in agony as a youngster, and now that I have a son that is exactly like I was, and I see that photo again I know why I was in agony. I was dressed in turtle necks, and coat, shirt and tie. Now I know why I reject the formal business attire so much at work, and why all my bosses ever have had to remind me to spiffy it up at times. I remember I met my first new friend after we moved to the farm (when I was ten) who had been diagnosed with ADHD, and he was way calmer than I ever was. We got into loads of trouble together (for example, one of our favorite pranks was to put those little "snaps" (friction based class C fireworks) carefully under the pads of public toilets.)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

[Image: MeandmyDog.jpg]
Christmas, circa 1980 (like the pattern of that seat didn't give it away). And right now, White Doggie is sitting on a shelf in my closet.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.