Fishing in Ironforge
/murloc

After dragging my undead carcass to the Forlorn Cavern in Ironforge (the location given to my by guildies as the only place to fish in IF) I had a nervous breakdown. The only place to fish for the IF achievement catch is a largish room, with guards close-by and all the Alliance anglers hunting for their own achievement?

You gotta be kidding me.

Where is the "Ironforge Waterfall of Unmolested Fishing™"?

I thought getting the Extravaganza victory or one of the rare fish would be hardest on the way to "Salty", but after tonight...

Is trying your luck @ 4:30am on weekdays the only option for poor Horde Anglers?

:(

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
It's the only place to fish, but it's only fishable in the center -- you can stand along the cavern wall and fish. That's your best bet -- go to the southernmost part of the cave and fish from there. You'll at least avoid guards that way.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Thanks.

I fell asleep tonight hoping I had somehow missed another fishing location in IF. Silly me.

This is more proof of the blatant favouritism Blizzard is constantly showing for the Alliance and...

j/k

;)

take care
Tarabulus

P.S.: 1100 casts in Orgrimmar and no Old Crafty! Ebul! Squashling from a Loot Bag only half makes up for that...
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:as the only place to fish in IF

It is not the only place to fish in IF:)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
:o

Looks to be around the Big Foundry (central thingie)?

I saw the screenshot a few days ago but didn't really connect it to Ironforge. I'll have to check that out, thanks!

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Quote:I thought getting the Extravaganza victory or one of the rare fish would be hardest on the way to "Salty", but after tonight...

Old Crafty/Old Ironjaw aren't a requirement for the "Salty" title. Nor is the Dalaran rat.
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
Quote::o

Looks to be around the Big Foundry (central thingie)?

I saw the screenshot a few days ago but didn't really connect it to Ironforge. I'll have to check that out, thanks!

take care
Tarabulus

The WoWHead comments on Old Ironjaw have some recommendations on how to fish this for the horde.
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34484#comments

Perhaps the most pertinent is this one.
Quote:I've found the best place, in my opinion, for fishing in Ironforge if you're Horde.

Go to the Great Forge in the middle of Ironforge and either kill yourself in the lava next to one of those big wheels, or keep healing yourself and do what I'm about to instruct those who killed themselves to do. I suggest you un-equip everything.

Run back to the wheel as your ghost, jump down and get underneath the wheel near it's centre, there should be a bit you can't get to underneath there because of an invisible wall. You'll need to try and jump onto this small invisible wall as a ghost and stay there, then go to Interface > Camera and set your maximum camera distance to the highest, then zoom out as far as you can above you so you have a view much like this one

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn295/j...secretplace.png

Also, you'll want your character to be facing the lava like mine is, if you can see it.

Once you get the hang of it it's easy, and this is the best way to not get ganked although I'd suggest taking some Camo potions so you don't get any hunters on your case. I've made that mistake myself, still fishing for this fish at the moment too:(

Hope I helped.
Quote:Old Crafty/Old Ironjaw aren't a requirement for the "Salty" title. Nor is the Dalaran rat.

Ahaha, a valid point, silly me:)

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Thanks a bunch Ruvanal, I'll give this a shot someday this week.

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Quote:Old Crafty/Old Ironjaw aren't a requirement for the "Salty" title. Nor is the Dalaran rat.
I'm still hurt by the fact that winning the Fishing Extravaganza is. Of all the achievements in the fishing list, that's really the only one I can't ever achieve.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:I'm still hurt by the fact that winning the Fishing Extravaganza is. Of all the achievements in the fishing list, that's really the only one I can't ever achieve.
You've probably done all this, but just in case:

1) Make sure you have an epic mount. Right now, having a Magic Broom would be an absolute must, due to its instant-mount capability shaving precious seconds off of each mount cast.
2) Use a Riding Crop or Skybreaker Whip. Better yet, be a Paladin with Crusader Aura or have one follow you around.
3) Start WAY up north in Stranglethorn Vale. Most of the competition on the event is in the southern area, and the largest key to success is to hit Tastyfish nodes uncontested. Yojamba Isle (where the Zandalar rewards are) often has zero competition, and there are many nodes there. If there IS competition there just before 2 PM, head off to the coast to the east and work your way south as you fish.
4) Set your hearthstone to Booty Bay.
5) Should go without saying, but make sure your fishing skill is sufficiently high enough that you never get any "misses." If you're 375 fishing already, no issues.
6) Use auto-loot. Don't waste time clicking on fish to loot them!
7) Having fishing bound to a key - clicking slows you down.

Here comes the e-peen: I beat this on my first try. Of course, that was a long time ago, and the competition for this now has to be completely crazy due to the achievement.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:You've probably done all this, but just in case:
So how do you get out of work/a weekly family dinner just to compete in a virtual fishing contest?;)That's pretty much the block preventing me from winning.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Fall sick enough that you can't work, but not sick enough that you can't play?
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Make a tiny sign that says: "Gone fishing" and hang it on your door.
A plague of exploding high-fives.