The Lich King makes his move
I'm not sure if its on all servers yet but if you check booty bay there are "suspicious crates" that infect you. When you die you become a zombie that can then infect others. It's kind of a slower version of the Hakkar plague but deliberate this time. It's great fun in opposing faction towns. =)

An alliance on my server found something interesting: not only can you talk with alliance in ghoul, you can trade as well. We hooked each other up with pets!
Quote:I'm not sure if its on all servers yet but if you check booty bay there are "suspicious crates" that infect you. When you die you become a zombie that can then infect others. It's kind of a slower version of the Hakkar plague but deliberate this time. It's great fun in opposing faction towns. =)

An alliance on my server found something interesting: not only can you talk with alliance in ghoul, you can trade as well. We hooked each other up with pets!
Do you get kill credit as a zombie? I ask because my shaman is hated in Booty Bay, and the feeling is mutual.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:Do you get kill credit as a zombie? I ask because my shaman is hated in Booty Bay, and the feeling is mutual.
Doesn't seem to affect reputation but the crates have moved to major cities and there are also plagued critters you kill and get diseased.
Dun, dun, duuunnnn!
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Dun, dun, duuunnnn!
I loved the comments on that page. "Arthas was one mount short for his Leading the Calvary achievement and couldn't find one more mount." Haha.

Anyway, for lore geeks, this whole event has been nothing but totally awesome. I admit I find it a lot of fun myself, although I've been too busy raiding to really get a good look at zombie attacks, much less participate.

Quirks of the event: Horde and Alliance can cross-communicate and even trade items as zombies (this been patched out yet)? This opens a temporary hole where items can be moved cross-faction without the AH tax. The Gnome king and Vol'jin can be infected, although other leaders cannot. But the real cake came from an Elitist Jerks post:

Exemplar Wrote:Infect an alt. Log off alt. Wait for Wrath. Level main to 80. Log on alt. Spread disease to friend. Have friend disease main. Go to CoT: Cleansing of Stratholme. Infect Arthas...

I'm curious if they'll cleanse it from characters on login, eventually. Otherwise I expect a fair number of people to sit on infected alts and bring them out for special occasions to start the plague again. Shouldn't be too hard to re-infect yourself and log back off to repeat later.
Fun. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Oh my, haha. Someone cleared BRD to the Lyceum, hearthed out, got infected, and went back to BRD. Upon becoming a zombie, they infected the mobs there...

End result: warfare. The fast-respawning mobs provided the zombies with plenty of food to eat and they became self-sustaining. All-out zombie warfare.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:I loved the comments on that page. "Arthas was one mount short for his Leading the Calvary achievement and couldn't find one more mount." Haha.

Third page of comments: "HOW I MINE FOR STEED?"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/ has a story about a new boss in Karazhan in connection with the zombie event, as well as a possible zone only accessible to zombies.
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Quote:Oh my, haha. Someone cleared BRD to the Lyceum, hearthed out, got infected, and went back to BRD. Upon becoming a zombie, they infected the mobs there...

End result: warfare. The fast-respawning mobs provided the zombies with plenty of food to eat and they became self-sustaining. All-out zombie warfare.

-Bolty
I've been trying to think of a good non instance to try something like this. Any ideas?

Edit: BTW I already have plague sitting on a couple alts just to pull out later. B)
Quote:I loved the comments on that page. "Arthas was one mount short for his Leading the Calvary achievement and couldn't find one more mount." Haha.
-Bolty
That was me, funnily enough.

To be honest, if I had know Invincible was buried there, I would've shovelled him up myself. I'm sucking badly on my progress towards Filling the Barn...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386