Your favourite new Talent/Skill?
Sword and Board, baby!

I feel the need to give mad props to this talent in the protection tree of warriors. Having a decent amount of mitigation and crappy damage output meant that you would take a while to kill anything. Now, the damage output got buffed a ton and Sword and Board gives you a nice chance to get a free Shield Slam. It's so simple! No more rage starvation!

SnB, I love thee!

What is your favourite new ability?

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
S&B <3

I also really like Shockwave.:D
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Fingers of Frost, or maybe Shattered Barrier.

One of the things that always annoyed me about how mage pvp shifted in BC, was that for a proper shatter combo you near on have to burn your water elemental cooldown. The chance to get the shatter crits in without is very appreciated.
Quote:Sword and Board, baby!

I feel the need to give mad props to this talent in the protection tree of warriors. Having a decent amount of mitigation and crappy damage output meant that you would take a while to kill anything. Now, the damage output got buffed a ton and Sword and Board gives you a nice chance to get a free Shield Slam. It's so simple! No more rage starvation!

SnB, I love thee!

take care
Tarabulus
Sudden death. Too bad it has nerf inc. Its fun though, I can almost chain execute bosses 100% to zero. :w00t:
Favorite: Blessing of Sanctuary - from being annoyed at the universe on any fight where I'm not taking loads of damage, to having a hell of a good time solo'ing level 60 and below 5 mans or running guildies through content, all thanks to one ability.

Second favorite: Hammer of the Righteous -Rolling SoCorruption on three targets at once and having a cheaper method of tanking 3 mobs at once than consecrate is great (plus it is getting buffed, again, next patch).

Now for a new category -

Most Annoying: Thunderstorm - Keldor delights in running into the middle of my carefully arrayed set of AOE-tanked mobs and blowing them all to the four corners of the earth =)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
It's just a tooltip update, Mordekhuul. HotR isn't changing.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:It's just a tooltip update, Mordekhuul. HotR isn't changing.

I see other references to it being a tooltip update. Was it made 4x in a previoius beta patch and I just forgot?

EDIT-Yep, did some poking around, and I just forgot it was already 4x. See how important tooltip updates are? They keep people like me from forgetting things;)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Sword and Board, baby!

SnB, I love thee!

take care
Tarabulus

Shockwave:
Max 2318 crit: 4734 - Ragewinterchill kill with n00btacular dps rotation.
Disengage.

Just... Disengage. It has gone from almost utterly useless to sheer awesomesauce.

By far my favourite trick is to Feign Death until I drop aggro, then Disengage the hell out of dodge. A much better distance-placing tactic than backpedalling or running back.

Other than that, the pet talent system is my favourite new toy in the game. Yeah, it's not a specific talent or skill, but it's pretty much rewritten the book on pet management. I tamed a gorilla for tanking on day one, and it excells, even at level 66. It hardly drops aggro at all, even when I'm DPSing like a maniac (And even if I do peel, both I and my pet have enough tricks to get it right back).
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Paladin: Hammer of the Righteous. It's SO much threat, and the sound is awesome.

Rogue: Murder Spree. It should be illegal to AoE as a rogue.

Mage: Shattered Barrier, Deep Freeze
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:It should be illegal to AoE as a rogue.

After doing less damage than even the tanks in all but one instance run (and in the one case the warrior was probably playing too tentatively) since 3.0 due to having zero AoE capability as Mutilate spec, I very much hate that this statement was made. Fan of Knives better be something special, because if this whole "just AoE everything" playing comes up again it's not going to stay fun for very long.

If I had to pick a talent/skill, it'd be Focused Attacks. It's very hard to quantify it, though, as 2 energy here and there doesn't immediately translate to a new Mutilate. Honestly, though, the best stuff for Rogues were all mechanics changes, not new talents. Envenom, Anesthetic poison being boosted to viability. Poison damage scaling. Energy regen changes.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
On the topic of rogues, mine's having an utter blast using Killing Spree.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:On the topic of rogues, mine's having an utter blast using Killing Spree.

Killing Spree + Blade Flurry is like eating cake with pie icing. So.... much.... fun!

I tried out a Sub build in our TK raid last night because Shadowstep is good times and I wanted to see how Honor Among Thieves (grants a CP every time a group member crits with an ability) worked in a raid environment. As I said to our group halfway through the instance last night, I was crapping combo points like I had the flu. I could literally pull off a 1 Hemo -> 5p Eviscerate rotation, especially on trash with 2 whirlwinding fury warriors in my group. Sometimes I would pull off a finisher and immediately have 5 CP's on the target before the GCD was up.

Unfortunately the rest of the tree just can't pull damage levels up to Combat Swords level (my normal spec). It may be a matter of gearing and spec, since I hadn't reglyphed to Eviscerate and at level 70 don't have the points available for imp Eviscerate, nor is the Rupture glyph available.
I have to add Warbringer.

Best... talent... ever.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Darkmoon Faire-EU: